Why is sin so tempting?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Locoponydirtman

I hate sin, I wish I could live in a world without temptation and without any desire to do sinful things; yet I find myself in sin. Tempted and drawn away by desire that I despise and am disgusted by. I don't understand why I would want to do things that I find repulsive. I agree with God on the matter that sin is wrong and evil and distructive and I understand even why God has set the moral guidelines as he has, and I agree.
Some kind of sick twisted duallity exists inside me that both hates sin yet is still drawn away into temptation.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I hate sin, I wish I could live in a world without temptation and without any desire to do sinful things; yet I find myself in sin. Tempted and drawn away by desire that I despise and am disgusted by. I don't understand why I would want to do things that I find repulsive. I agree with God on the matter that sin is wrong and evil and distructive and I understand even why God has set the moral guidelines as he has, and I agree.
Some kind of sick twisted duallity exists inside me that both hates sin yet is still drawn away into temptation.
welcome to Romans 7, bro

it's the wherefore that is the therefore in Romans 8:1 :)

((don't forget ch.6))

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Amen buddy.

What you are describing is: The SPIRIT is willing, but the flesh is weak. The flesh likes to sit on the sofa and eat potatochips and watch garbage on TV. The Spirit likes to fast and pray and be a witness for God.
The Spirit likes to remain pure and not give its members as a servant of sin, the flesh likes to fornicate.

Embankment

Feb 28, 2017
Look at it this way. If we did not sin (everyone sins) we would not seek Jesus. That is God’s point in all this. If we could ( and many think they do) live perfect lives why would we need Jesus? Jesus paid terribly for our sins on the cross and was resurrected so that we may live a new in dependence on him. It’s all good!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Some kind of sick twisted duallity exists inside me that both hates sin yet is still drawn away into temptation.[/QUOTE
]
Paul, in the bible felt the same way that you do but God said that His grace was sufficient for him. Don't be too hard on yourself and please know that you're not alone in this.

Dooms

Feb 8, 2018
Bad habits don't give up without a fight - often we can find that we are UNABLE to get over them. That's where Faith comes in - pray for intervention in your life, and with expectation for a reply. Through Christ and God, we are able to act with a strength that does not come from us.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Someone posted here that when Jesus teaches we have committed adultery as soon as the desire for a woman emerges in our mind.

They went on to say that person would be judged as an adulterer on that great Day to come.

That does not really go to the heart of the teaching. Jesus is showing us quite vividly just how impossible it is for any man to save himself..

We trun to Him for our salvation for without Him there is no salvation. He is the One Who never had a sin, nor a sinful thought or notion, and He did this for all who ""xommit adultery in thier minds." In other words for all sinners.

It is impossible for us to be just as Jesus, but as long as He is our "role model" we are being perfected by the work He began in each one of us.

Let us do our bst to keep our minds from any form of lust while allowing Jesus Christto contineu His work within each of us to perfection when He has completed the work He began in each of us on His Great Day. Praise Jesus Christ, Halleluyahweh, amen.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
It is part of His grand decision to give us choice. To me, if our dark and natural inclinations were not present, not only would true choice be clouded but it would diminish the value of Him and the light, of choosing them. I think about how glorious it is each time we commit to not acting on those temptations and how He gives Himself to help us, if we really seek Him.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
If it were not tempting, it wouldn't be a temptation............