Woe is me...

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Searching4Truth

Senior Member
Jul 25, 2012
1,904
26
0
I've been praying and praying and waiting and waiting, but God won't deliver my hot light saber wielding green alien jedi woman... *pouts*

Just kidding.

I thought I'd pop in and ask a question about trusting God.

Are some of you Christian Craft Single Slices waiting and trusting in God to have a life mate come into your life?

And when and or if that does ever happen, do you court the unicorn you found?

What's the proper etiquette and procedures when it comes to all that packing peanut stuff?

Oh, and the real question I wanted to ask is: What is your method in trusting God?
 
Hi Searching,
Not sure if you're wanting a green alien Jedi woman who IS HOT (and do you mean thermally or visually... aliens can be either, neither, or both, y'know!) or one who is wielding a HOT light sabre... :p (see the "Demands" thread for some further humour on mate preferences)

On a more serious note, I don't know if trusting God has a 'method'. I've been reading a book by Larry Crabb lately called The Pressure's Off. In it, Crabb describes how we often think that a certain set of actions on our part will warrant a certain kind of response from God. That he calls the Old Way, and he points us instead to the New Way, wherein we completely abandon our wants and desires to God, and simply seek Him, with no guarantees that those desires will be fulfilled. So far, it makes sense to me, and I may have more to say once I finish reading it.
 
I've been praying and praying and waiting and waiting, but God won't deliver my hot light saber wielding green alien jedi woman... *pouts*

Just kidding.

I thought I'd pop in and ask a question about trusting God.

Are some of you Christian Craft Single Slices waiting and trusting in God to have a life mate come into your life?

And when and or if that does ever happen, do you court the unicorn you found?

What's the proper etiquette and procedures when it comes to all that packing peanut stuff?

Oh, and the real question I wanted to ask is: What is your method in trusting God?

I used to yes and married him. But now I found out that even if God gives you someone it doesn't guarantee a Hollywood Doris Day Rock Hudson marriage, more like their real life. If you look in the Bible, Isaac got Rebecca from God, he was so happy. Later she set his son up to deceive him. It's no guarantee for success, but their ancestor was Mary who got Jesus. Guess God is interested in other things than giving me one big honeymoon.
 
You have a good point.

I used to yes and married him. But now I found out that even if God gives you someone it doesn't guarantee a Hollywood Doris Day Rock Hudson marriage, more like their real life. If you look in the Bible, Isaac got Rebecca from God, he was so happy. Later she set his son up to deceive him. It's no guarantee for success, but their ancestor was Mary who got Jesus. Guess God is interested in other things than giving me one big honeymoon.

But does make it okay to defy the Will of God if we do gain a mate that isn't our walking dream?
 
Oh, and the real question I wanted to ask is: What is your method in trusting God?

You're asking what method one uses to trust?

I am going to assume that when you were a child growing up, you had at least one parent, hopefully two, who raised you and took care of you. If not a parent, an adult surrogate parent, say an aunt or a grandparent, or maybe a significantly older sibling. I am speaking of the person(s) who sheltered, fed, and clothed you.

When you were a child, you trusted that when you woke up in the morning, this parent (or parental figure) would feed you. You didn't really question it, right? You may have questioned, "what are we having for breakfast?" but likely, hopefully you never had to ask, "ARE we having breakfast? Is there food for us to eat?" You trusted in that parent to have already provided the answer to THAT question; your parent provided for your NEED.

What was the method you used to do that? Explain the methodology there.







See, that's the trick, huh? There is no explicit method. Trust is IMPLICIT. It is nothing more than believing wholeheartedly in the actions and intentions of the other party. Whether you're trusting that your partner in the silly trust-exercise is going to catch you when you fall back, whether you're trusting that your parent will keep you clothed/sheltered/fed when you are too young to fend for yourself, or whether you are trusting in the Lord's plans for your future: it's not a specific method to follow, it's simply what you do.

The active component of trust is revealed in your actions: if you do not trust that your parents are going to feed you, then you are going to borrow some money from a friend, or maybe use your ten-year-old cuteness to get someone to buy you a sandwich, which you eat, because you don't trust your parents to feed you. Then when your parent shows up to school with a Happy Meal and couple of cookies, a couple of minutes after you scammed a lunch out of your cafeteria lady, what are you left to say? Do you look your parent in the eye and say, "Well, you didn't pack a lunch for me this morning, so I had to take care of it myself. And now I'm already full."

Mom says, "I wanted to surprise you. Why didn't you trust me?"

Our Father knows our need, and He knows it in a deeper, more truthful way that we can't even comprehend. Just as when we are ten, and our earthly parents understand our need better than we do. You can stand in the aisle of that supermarket checkout, and scream and whine and throw a tantrum about HOW YOU NEED THAT CANDY BAR, and a good parent knows so much better than you that you do not NEED that candy bar...you WANT that candy bar, but you do not need it. And as a parent, they are going to make sure your NEEDS are met, and not your wants. And like children, we can throw our tantrums and whine and cry, and our Father, ever eternal and ever patient, simply rests on the handle of the shopping cart, thumbing through the latest issue of US! Weekly, and quietly murmurs, "No. You don't need it right now. But when you do really, truly need it, then I will provide it."

As we become adults, we tend to think we are the masters of our own destinies, and we get frustrated with God when we don't get what we want, when we want it or expect it. In the end, we are STILL children. We are the eternal toddler, with no real ability to distinguish between our needs and our wants, and He is the Eternal Provider, who will never ever forsake our needs, but is also never under any obligation to provide for our wants. Trusting in the Lord is simply KNOWING that He is Lord, and that He knows our need far better than we could ever imagine, and knowing that He will provide for our need, while often, like a good parent, saying no to our many earthly desires.
 
You have a good point.



But does make it okay to defy the Will of God if we do gain a mate that isn't our walking dream?
Paul says: marry who you want, as long as they're in the Lord.
I just don't trust my own capability of choosing a mate, so I rather let Him do that, if He even has someone. No idea. Maybe it's better for me to be single. He knows. I believe He doesn't force someone against our own will on us. You have a choice. My choice is I only want someone this time if it means no fights and all goes veeeeery smooth, otherwise: no thanks.
 
Okay. You can close the thread now.

You're asking what method one uses to trust?

I am going to assume that when you were a child growing up, you had at least one parent, hopefully two, who raised you and took care of you. If not a parent, an adult surrogate parent, say an aunt or a grandparent, or maybe a significantly older sibling. I am speaking of the person(s) who sheltered, fed, and clothed you.

When you were a child, you trusted that when you woke up in the morning, this parent (or parental figure) would feed you. You didn't really question it, right? You may have questioned, "what are we having for breakfast?" but likely, hopefully you never had to ask, "ARE we having breakfast? Is there food for us to eat?" You trusted in that parent to have already provided the answer to THAT question; your parent provided for your NEED.

What was the method you used to do that? Explain the methodology there.







See, that's the trick, huh? There is no explicit method. Trust is IMPLICIT. It is nothing more than believing wholeheartedly in the actions and intentions of the other party. Whether you're trusting that your partner in the silly trust-exercise is going to catch you when you fall back, whether you're trusting that your parent will keep you clothed/sheltered/fed when you are too young to fend for yourself, or whether you are trusting in the Lord's plans for your future: it's not a specific method to follow, it's simply what you do.

The active component of trust is revealed in your actions: if you do not trust that your parents are going to feed you, then you are going to borrow some money from a friend, or maybe use your ten-year-old cuteness to get someone to buy you a sandwich, which you eat, because you don't trust your parents to feed you. Then when your parent shows up to school with a Happy Meal and couple of cookies, a couple of minutes after you scammed a lunch out of your cafeteria lady, what are you left to say? Do you look your parent in the eye and say, "Well, you didn't pack a lunch for me this morning, so I had to take care of it myself. And now I'm already full."

Mom says, "I wanted to surprise you. Why didn't you trust me?"

Our Father knows our need, and He knows it in a deeper, more truthful way that we can't even comprehend. Just as when we are ten, and our earthly parents understand our need better than we do. You can stand in the aisle of that supermarket checkout, and scream and whine and throw a tantrum about HOW YOU NEED THAT CANDY BAR, and a good parent knows so much better than you that you do not NEED that candy bar...you WANT that candy bar, but you do not need it. And as a parent, they are going to make sure your NEEDS are met, and not your wants. And like children, we can throw our tantrums and whine and cry, and our Father, ever eternal and ever patient, simply rests on the handle of the shopping cart, thumbing through the latest issue of US! Weekly, and quietly murmurs, "No. You don't need it right now. But when you do really, truly need it, then I will provide it."

As we become adults, we tend to think we are the masters of our own destinies, and we get frustrated with God when we don't get what we want, when we want it or expect it. In the end, we are STILL children. We are the eternal toddler, with no real ability to distinguish between our needs and our wants, and He is the Eternal Provider, who will never ever forsake our needs, but is also never under any obligation to provide for our wants. Trusting in the Lord is simply KNOWING that He is Lord, and that He knows our need far better than we could ever imagine, and knowing that He will provide for our need, while often, like a good parent, saying no to our many earthly desires.
 
And when and or if that does ever happen, do you court the unicorn you found?
Yes. I always prosecute unlawful unicorns to the fullest extent of the law.

What's the proper etiquette and procedures when it comes to all that packing peanut stuff?
If the peanut is displaying aggressive behavior, you ask/demand that the peanut drop it's weapon. If the nut refuses to acquiesce, use your government-issued tazer at leisure.
 
The method of trusting God..

1. Close your eyes
2. Breathe deeply
3. Feel the inner peace overflowing in your body
4. Stop worrying
5. Jesus is risen. He is alive.
6. Whats the worst thing that could happen? Even if you are dying today, that means you will soon be with Him. Still a win win situation.
7. Trust God for this is no reason at all not to do so.
 
Okay. You can close the thread now.
Yeah, for real. Once again I read the OP and plan exactly what I want to say, and then a few posts later Shouryu says what I was going to say and says it better than I could have said it.

Glad to have you bro. If this is Shour the Bore, keep boring. :cool:
 
Are some of you Christian Craft Single Slices waiting and trusting in God to have a life mate come into your life?

And when and or if that does ever happen, do you court the unicorn you found?

What's the proper etiquette and procedures when it comes to all that packing peanut stuff?

There is nothing wrong in praying for God to search and find your heart's desire but you have to be brave enough to act when the opportunity strikes.

Personally, I prefer bubble wrap over packing peanuts.

It's been a slice.
 
I've been praying and praying and waiting and waiting, but God won't deliver my hot light saber wielding green alien jedi woman... *pouts*

Just kidding.

I thought I'd pop in and ask a question about trusting God.

Are some of you Christian Craft Single Slices waiting and trusting in God to have a life mate come into your life?

And when and or if that does ever happen, do you court the unicorn you found?

What's the proper etiquette and procedures when it comes to all that packing peanut stuff?

Oh, and the real question I wanted to ask is: What is your method in trusting God?

Dude. Welcome back! It's been ages. Lol. It's me Abing.
 
Oh, and the real question I wanted to ask is: What is your method in trusting God?

Even though it was at the tail end of a lot of randomness, this is a totally important question! :)
For me it's been one that has been repeatedly put to the test in my life. Do I trust God? Why? How?

So my method is pretty simple, and yet one of the most difficult things for me to put into practice.
God knows, sees, loves and cares about me. But not only that, He has a plan for my life, and His plan is good. The "has a plan" part, for me, is key to trusting. I can believe in His love and care for me, however if He has no specific plan for my life other than a general "be good", trusting Him becomes less easy for me. And so, armed with the knowledge I have of His love AND my firm belief that he has a specific plan and purpose for my life, I lean on Him entirely, trusting Him to take me there, one step at a time.

There are lot's of Scriptures that help with this, too, but I'm about to go to bed and....zzzz..... If you want me to share those I will, later! :)