Women cannot have authority in the congregation.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yeah that is true new members do come a lot and it isn't like everyone makes these threads just to argue, I don't have an issue with it if it is for the right reason but when it is made just to argue or assurt mans dominance over women it just really gets under my skin.
In the singles forum a ways back idk how many months ago a person like this told my friend ruby to submit to him it took everything I had in me to not release my rage on him I cannot stand such people
Ruby is a very nice person.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Ruby is a very nice person.
Yeah she really is ever since we first met we have been messaging each other I usually have to wait until about one or two am to talk to her due to the time difference with Australia sometimes I talk with her all the way until five am

So you can imagine when I saw that remark I became very protective and angry, I mean you should never ever say submit to me to women to begin with but for such a pure person as ruby and to just have the nerve to say that I just lost it.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yeah she really is ever since we first met we have been messaging each other I usually have to wait until about one or two am to talk to her due to the time difference with Australia sometimes I talk with her all the way until five am

So you can imagine when I saw that remark I became very protective and angry, I mean you should never ever say submit to me to women to begin with but for such a pure person as ruby and to just have the nerve to say that I just lost it.
You're a good man Blain.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
You're a good man Blain.
Nah I just have a great deal of respect for women the only good thing that comes from growing up with a family of women is that you see and better understand the struggles they go through and I am a gentleman so disrespecting a women is a major no no in my book
It's one of the few things that will set me off and I never like to let my anger get the better of me but the absolute arrogance and stupidity of saying such a thing is just to much for me, I am the same way with racism and people judging others for their appearances

S

Scribe

There have been countless threads on this topic. There are many instances in the bible where God has place women in positions of authority. There has been endless debate and discussion on this for years and I have yet to see any member that was persuaded to change their perspective one way or another.
I think my presentation comparing 1 Pet 3 with 1 Tim 2 has been instrumental in changing a few minds.

S

Scribe

For the sake of hermeneutics I feel obligated to remind you that Paul is saying that Jesus spoke about divorce.. We can read about it in the Gospels. This was why he said The Command of the Lord and then when he says he spoke by permission he is saying there is no teaching that Jesus gave for this particular example but then he makes a point that he has the Spirit of the Lord. So Paul reminds you that even though he is speaking about something that Jesus did not teach about Paul has the Holy Spirit inspiring him and you should hear it as though you were hearing from the Spirit of the Lord. Paul NEVER intended anyone to interpret it as "Oh that's just Paul's opinion and we don't have to follow it if we don't like it."

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
This thread has to be a bait thread, there is no way that this many threads on this topic have been made in such a shot amount of time for the purpose of actually discussing it.

I think people just get bored or something and want to make threads they know will raise war
I believe this is called "bomb-throwing".

Anywho, as to the topic at hand, my personal understanding of Scripture is that women shouldn't be pastors or exercise authority over their husbands (in the context of a marriage relationship).

Anything else falls under the category of "liberty". ;)

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
In the singles forum a ways back idk how many months ago a person like this told my friend ruby to submit to him
I am hoping she responded something along the lines of:
Are you asking for my hand in marriage, sir? You're going to have to ask my father for permission before speaking to me, if your intent is courtship. We need a proper chaperone.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012

Anywho, as to the topic at hand, my personal understanding of Scripture is that women shouldn't be pastors or exercise authority over their husbands (in the context of a marriage relationship).

You know I have great respect for women and I will thrash at anyone who disrespects them but while this may be off topic I noticed something that kind of annoys me. Now don't get me wrong I am all for women taking great strides in the world but I noticed in almost every movie t.v. show why is it always the man who is the bad one in the relationship? You have the bad father the bad husband the bad guy in almost every movie or t.v. series the flawed one the lazy one the list goes on and on and how come in every relationship the man is never the one who wears the pants in the relationship? I mean it gets to the point that men are terrified to go home because of the wrath that awaits them.

As far as I know both men and women are flawed

S

Scribe

I don't think those scriptures were ever intended to teach that a woman could not pastor a church. If a woman wanted to plant a church on the mission field and pastor it and the people who came were ok with that, then it sounds to me that would be pleasing to God and in compliance with the mission to to go into all the world and teach all nations. If someone was not ok with it they don't have to go to that church. If the ones going there are ok with it, and the only fault one can find is "she is a woman... she is not supposed to pastor... then I think they are probably not on the same page with God and are misinterpreting the scripture.

For example one could use the scriptures about how the slave was to submit to his master. Today NO ONE would agree with that. If anyone is still in slavery today we would tell them to flee and get to safety there are people willing to help them be free from their master. But that was not Pauls advice to Onesimus. Why, culture and how the world has changed since then. But if you are not willing to consider cultural context with the idea of women pastoring, it would be the same as saying that Paul said slaves should submit to their masters and if anyone is a slave anywhere in the world today they should submit to their masters or they are not obeying the word of God and not doing what Paul said. But we allow ourselves to interpret Pauls words in a cultural context don't we?

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Women cannot have authority in the congregation or over their husbands.
1 Corinthians 14: 34-35
1 Timothy 2: 11-12
Well, the thing is that you are right, but the majority is not believing it. So you cant convince them..
Dont be discouraged to believe the word of God.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Isn't it interesting how subordinate clauses are omitted and deem unnecessary, while others are (necessarily) added, for 'better understanding' tho?

S

Scribe

Isn't it interesting how subordinate clauses are omitted and deem unnecessary, while others are (necessarily) added, for 'better understanding' tho?
like "in the congregation"?

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
like "in the congregation"?
Yes, in conjunction with 'over their husbands', with the addition of any 'or's to make it appear all inclusive in any and all cases.

K

kaylagrl

Judging by your pseudonym I can understand your sentiments. But wouldn't your suggestion take away the right to debate? I too have an Head over me and I too must submit. Jesus too (1st Cor.11:3).

This has been debated and debated and debated here. The OP isn't married and has nothing to offer in the conversation.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Judging by your pseudonym I can understand your sentiments. But wouldn't your suggestion take away the right to debate? I too have an Head over me and I too must submit. Jesus too (1st Cor.11:3).
It is wrong and distasteful, especially for unmarried men, to insert oneself between a husband and his wife.
The husband and wife can work these things out with Jesus. They don't need unmarried men (or other strange men) trying to lord over the wife (and in doing this, they are ironically usurping and disrespecting the husband). That's what these things generally come down to.

Mar 28, 2016
Women cannot have authority in the congregation or over their husbands.
1 Corinthians 14: 34-35
1 Timothy 2: 11-12
Men cannot have teaching authority over woman . God hates the Nicolaitan sect those who lord it over the flock and commands us to return to our first love, the experience of believing God not seen through the gospel .The golden law as a measure of faith

Mathew 23:8=12 ERV“But you must not be called ‘Teacher.’ You are all equal as brothers and sisters. You have only one Teacher. And don’t call anyone on earthFather.’ You have one Father. He is in heaven. And you should not be called ‘Master.’ You have only one Master, the Messiah. Whoever serves you like a servant is the greatest among you. People who think they are better than others will be made humble. But people who humble themselves will be made great.

Mar 28, 2016
Samson the Nazirite of God comes to mind. How were his locks a shame? God literally wanted him to have long locks.
So apostle Paul must've been making another point here, like you say there must be full understanding and not just go ballistic.
Much is lost in the new testament headship ceremonial law.(1 Corinthians 11) The true women's and men's liberation .Being delivered from the abomination of desolation. Kings in Israel .The time of reformation has come the veil is rent .

Hair used to represent the unseen glory of God. It is given to a woman .She in affect represent the whole church, as sons of God (mankind) not knowing what we will be. Women represent the glory of God covering men , men must not cover their head of hair they represent Christ not seen . The Nazarene wow represents the new creature the chaste virgin bride the church pictured in Revelation 12. Also called the free woman. . the mother of us all .

In the old testament we have a parable set aside to help us with hair issues, again used as a representative glory . When a woman strange to the covenants from another nation entered the realm of the gospel . She must shave her head to represent shame and cut of her nails, a representation of God's unseen beauty working in the affairs' of men

Deuteronomy 21:11-13 King James Version (KJV) And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.

In Revelation 9 we are given a vision of the work of the father of lies who turn signs into lying wonders . He is pictured coming in full false glory (LGBTQ ) . Having the face of a man and hair of the woman .Mocking the new testament ceremonial law. . the gospel to the world . Both the uncovered hair or head of man working with the covered hair of the women as one work point to the unseen glory of God. Woman is not left without a representative glory of her own Men have woman as a covering . . together Christ has us.

If either are out of place the shadow anticipating the wedding supper is lost to the hair and nail "fashion statement" of the day .

So beautiful women get them nails pared and hair done. But cover it when gathering together with more than one family when breaking bread seeking to do the will of God .

Many have lost that ability to preach the gospel. Never to late to remove the golden hair pieces and shave those locks and pare them sparkling nails . Get a burlap sack and a pair of gloves. Give glory to God. .

Revelation 9:6-8 King James Version (KJV) And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them. And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.

S

Scribe

Much is lost in the new testament headship ceremonial law.(1 Corinthians 11) The true women's and men's liberation .Being delivered from the abomination of desolation. Kings in Israel .The time of reformation has come the veil is rent .

Hair used to represent the unseen glory of God. It is given to a woman .She in affect represent the whole church, as sons of God (mankind) not knowing what we will be. Women represent the glory of God covering men , men must not cover their head of hair they represent Christ not seen . The Nazarene wow represents the new creature the chaste virgin bride the church pictured in Revelation 12. Also called the free woman. . the mother of us all .

In the old testament we have a parable set aside to help us with hair issues, again used as a representative glory . When a woman strange to the covenants from another nation entered the realm of the gospel . She must shave her head to represent shame and cut of her nails, a representation of God's unseen beauty working in the affairs' of men

Deuteronomy 21:11-13 King James Version (KJV) And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.

In Revelation 9 we are given a vision of the work of the father of lies who turn signs into lying wonders . He is pictured coming in full false glory (LGBTQ ) . Having the face of a man and hair of the woman .Mocking the new testament ceremonial law. . the gospel to the world . Both the uncovered hair or head of man working with the covered hair of the women as one work point to the unseen glory of God. Woman is not left without a representative glory of her own Men have woman as a covering . . together Christ has us.

If either are out of place the shadow anticipating the wedding supper is lost to the hair and nail "fashion statement" of the day .

So beautiful women get them nails pared and hair done. But cover it when gathering together with more than one family when breaking bread seeking to do the will of God .

Many have lost that ability to preach the gospel. Never to late to remove the golden hair pieces and shave those locks and pare them sparkling nails . Get a burlap sack and a pair of gloves. Give glory to God. .

Revelation 9:6-8 King James Version (KJV) And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them. And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
Even YOU don't know what you just wrote. :)