Women cannot have authority in the congregation.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Whatever works for you.

I have been paying attention. Without parables Christ spoke not deliberately . . purposely to teach us how to walk by faith (the unseen). Hiding the understanding as prophecy the gospel from those who walk after wondering marveling walking by sight as a form of amusement . The foundation of Paganism .out of sight out of mind . . First it was the tongue of God is not prophecy so that you could keep the lying wonder .I made a noise and fell backward. "Nothing proves nothing. And now parables are not prophecy making them nothing that proves nothing. .

Why did Christ hide the meaning in prophecy called parables if it was not to teach us how to walk by faith . His faith as a labor of love working in us?
I would agree for the most part except perhaps the use of the word prophecy. True that the parables held hidden meaning dna teachings but this isn't always how prophecy works. Wise and guiding teaching hidden in plain sight most of the time is exactly that a hidden lesson that requires one to look deeper than what the human mind or eyes see in it however prophecy itself isn't this it normally points to something

Parables in how Jesus used them are kind of like how God teaches me using analogies it's kind of like a story telling with inportant lessons and deeper learning in it. True enough this also can be a form of propehcy but Jesus's intent was to guide those who would understand the meaning of it into a deeper understanding of God and who he is I don't think it was intent to prophecy

S

Scribe

Paul is speaking from the vantage point of the chaste virgin bride the church . God divorced Israel ( the non born again outward Jew ) . And married the gentiles all the nations. Renaming her Christian to represent all the nations of the world .
The new law is then established "do not separate what God calls together as one" .Again all the nations .

Both marriage and remaining a virgin, not married. . are gifts as in; what do we have that we have not received.?
You are just making stuff up and you think it is not a big deal to do so but you need to quit it. God is not at all pleased with you saying He divorced Israel. If you knew the scriptures you would know that God has already asked through Isaiah "where is the writing of divorcement?" to Israel when they were in Babylon and he was stirring them awake to come out and restore Jerusalem. They thought that God had put them away then, but he reminds them of his covenant and even though he disciplines them, for his own name sake he is going to restore them. Even now God is not finished with Israel and has not divorced them. SO...SHUT YO MOUTH!!!:censored::eek::LOL:

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
You are just making stuff up and you think it is not a big deal to do so but you need to quit it. God is not at all pleased with you saying He divorced Israel. If you knew the scriptures you would know that God has already asked through Isaiah "where is the writing of divorcement?" to Israel when they were in Babylon and he was stirring them awake to come out and restore Jerusalem. They thought that God had put them away then, but he reminds them of his covenant and even though he disciplines them, for his own name sake he is going to restore them. Even now God is not finished with Israel and has not divorced them. SO...SHUT YO MOUTH!!!:censored::eek::LOL:
I am not sure if divorced would be the correct word to be used for Israel but maybe I am misunderstanding Garee but I don't think he intended to mean God was done with Israel rather I think he meant he witheld the covanent because they would not receive it at the time. To withold doesn't mean permanent it means to hold back until it is ready to be given.

Even now Israel is still not ready to recieve him in the way we have but eventually they will be sadly Israel has always been the wayward child always having to learn things the hard way but God always patiently waits for them to come to their senses even if it is through hardship and trial

It's of like how you can plant the seed in someone but if the soil is not yet ready to recieve it then the seed just sits there and cannot grow in it's roots until the soil is properly prepared for it.

Israel is like the prodical son parable basically

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Whatever works for you.

I have been paying attention. Without parables Christ spoke not deliberately . . purposely to teach us how to walk by faith (the unseen). Hiding the understanding as prophecy the gospel from those who walk after wondering marveling walking by sight as a form of amusement . The foundation of Paganism .out of sight out of mind . . First it was the tongue of God is not prophecy so that you could keep the lying wonder .I made a noise and fell backward. "Nothing proves nothing. And now parables are not prophecy making them nothing that proves nothing. .

Why did Christ hide the meaning in prophecy called parables if it was not to teach us how to walk by faith . His faith as a labor of love working in us?
Repeating your errors doesn't magically turn them into truth. I'm not going to respond further to posts of yours that are not consistent with the topic of the thread.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
What do you make of Jeremiah 3:8?

Jun 11, 2020
Ok, maybe people here haven't been clear enough, so I'll give it another try. It's been done, to death, stick a fork in it and call it a day. People come in here on blast and we of the old guard are kinda getting sick of it. We've discussed every angle of this issue. You and the OP can go read up on them and argue over there. As I said, the OP isn't married and has nothing to bring to the conversation. I don't have kids and I don't run around telling people who do how to raise them. Same goes here.
OK. I hear you.

S

Scribe

What do you make of Jeremiah 3:8?
We know that it is poetic license to make a point not an actual doctrine of dispensationalim dealings with Israel..The Context makes it clear..
Jer 3:8
8And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

But then a few verses later in verse 14 it makes it clear that God will never forsake His covenant...

Jer 3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

By comparing it with Isaiah 51
Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.

He is saying he did not REALLY divorce her, where is the Bill, it is not there. They have been disciplined but they will never literally be divorced even if he did say that in Jer 3:8 , he turns around in 3:14 in the same breath and says I am married unto you.

And with Romans 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people?

And also...
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

And so God has not divorced Israel and it is not correct to establish some kind of doctrine built upon that premise. Such a doctrine is a house of cards built on an erroneous concept.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Have you noticed the OP hasn't come back? My guess is...

I was just thinking the same thing and this picture you posted cracked me up I needed a good laugh today thank you kayla

K

kaylagrl

I was just thinking the same thing and this picture you posted cracked me up I needed a good laugh today thank you kayla
Sometimes you can just tell... lol Hope your day improves brother.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Thoughts of Barney Fife's suggestion, 'Nip it in the bud! Just nip it in the bud," come to my mind. Haaa

I think this topic merits a discussion forum all its own, the better to see the redundancy of the ankle nippers.

And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed. He will crush your head, and you will strike his heel (Genesis 3:15).

Jun 11, 2020
Have you noticed the OP hasn't come back? My guess is...

Yeah. I've been active on Forums (not this one) since 2011 and seen the same thing. The sh.. stirrers. I used to get ratty at them, and then the Lord pointed out to me out that they had just given a wonderful opportunity to address a large (but unseen) audience. So I rather relish the idea of some other newbie getting some crucial information on the very day they opened the Forum - the same day that the stirrer had his/her fun. But I also understand that one can get tired of this over the years. There are a couple of themes that regularly get thrashed to death, and I don't blame you for giving it right back at him/her.

Take care and God bless.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
We know that it is poetic license to make a point not an actual doctrine of dispensationalim dealings with Israel..The Context makes it clear..
Jer 3:8
8And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

But then a few verses later in verse 14 it makes it clear that God will never forsake His covenant...

Jer 3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

By comparing it with Isaiah 51
Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.

He is saying he did not REALLY divorce her, where is the Bill, it is not there. They have been disciplined but they will never literally be divorced even if he did say that in Jer 3:8 , he turns around in 3:14 in the same breath and says I am married unto you.

And with Romans 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people?

And also...
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

And so God has not divorced Israel and it is not correct to establish some kind of doctrine built upon that premise. Such a doctrine is a house of cards built on an erroneous concept.
I didn't ask about dispensationalism, and I didn't ask about doctrines built on a premise. However, you've been clear enough in saying that Isaiah, written no later than 686 BC, trumps Jeremiah, written no earlier than about 630 BC.

"Israel" in Jeremiah 3:8 refers to the ten Northern tribes, not to the entire nation. Those tribes have never been restored. The NASB of 3:14 does not say "I am married unto you"; it says, "For I am a Master to you."

So, needless to say, we disagree.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
This has been debated and debated and debated here. The OP isn't married and has nothing to offer in the conversation.
Apparently JohnPost1 has written has last post and has gone to banville. He had nothing to offer in the conversation either.