Women Equality

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Women's Equality to Men: Do you want

• 100% Equality

• Just a increase in equality

• You are happy as is

Results are only viewable after voting.
S

Susanna

That’s a valid point. We know what the blueprint looked like in the 60s. What it evolved into is hard to say. All I can tell you is that it went from, “We are women hear us roar!” to, “Happy wife, happy life!” Somewhere along the way they went from burning their bras to wearing yoga pants. It’s all so confusing.
This response I’m just gonna ignore. It’s beyond stupid.

Sep 13, 2018
Back when the vast majority of men were working the fields, behind the plough if they were wealthy enough to have a beast of burden, there was not a big move toward equality in the workforce. Women took care of the little ones in the home, prepared food, and made clothing. Men worked out in the hot sun. Looking back over history, feminists can point to the very tiny percentage of people who did the ruling and controlled most of the wealth, who tended to be male. But the vast majority of men did not wield great power or huge amounts of wealth. Repainting history as a story of men oppressing women by virture of their controllling wealth and power is an inacccurate way of viewing the past.
apparently you never studied "basic" American history. Women were thrown into the work force during WWII. Let me give you an example. My Grandparents owned a diner. And my Grand mother worked a 40 hour shift at the army depot. So enough of this ignorant non-sense. Women hit the ground running and never stopped. I'm sorry if you got your feeling's hurt that women are now in a position to tell you what's up...Lol...

Nov 26, 2012
This response I’m just gonna ignore. It’s beyond stupid.
I’m not understanding what you find beyond stupid exactly. What started out as basically being adversarial towards men became practically enslaving them on the homefront. Do you know how many men I talk to live life just to attempt to keep their wives happy? It’s a lot. Many women I see scold and belittle their husbands in public. I’ve seen men say no to their wives. Then I hear them sing, “Happy wife, happy life.” It happens, too often. A lot of my friends and colleagues make good money. They can’t do anything they want or make a purchase without consulting their wives. My wife makes more money than myself. We both do good financially. When I think we should buy something expensive yet tangible, like a jacuzzi, she says, “No, I think we shouldn’t make any big purchases right now.” Then she gets all upset with me because I don’t want to take a week off of work and take the kids to Mexico for $6000, a month later. Maybe you are unaware how many men are honesty putting up with their spouses because divorce would utterly ruin them financially. They don’t want to be trapped but because their wives will take the kids and most of the possessions they just hang in there. Women know this and often pull the rug from under the men anyways. This is very real. The other comment was maybe stupid but so is burning bras. Women went from saying that they don’t want to be just some sex toy to dressing up exclusively for sexual attention. Yoga pants may not be a perfect example but I can promise you from all of the comments I hear from other dudes, they are loving the way yoga pants leave little to the imagination.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Women staying at home, not working, for her whole life is not practical nowadays, especially in urban areas. People need two incomes, it is the difference between struggling financially versus being comfortable. Being in a marriage where the couple is struggling financially leads to other problems. I guess I would not mind being a housewife if the financial situation is comfortable, where we are not budgeting for every single item, there is money to spend on kids' hobbies like sports or music, have money to eat out sometimes, etc. The other issue is if the husband gets laid off, what happens then? It is for the benefit of both spouses if both work, but I understand if the mom wants to take a few years off to raise the child, if they can afford it.
I fully concur with your estimation.

S

Susanna

We've seen women getting 'minority scholarships' and now women outnumber men in universities. The government has pushed for equality in marriage, but now we see a majority of no-fault divorces filed by women, and in many cases, the state gives the children to the woman and requires a steady stream of income, bleeding him dry financially. Now, masculinity is seen as 'toxic' and there has been a move toward accepting a woman's word against a man with no further proof, and he could lose his job, reputation, etc. In some jurisdictions, if there is a domestic violence call, the police haul someone off in handcuffs, and they may choose the man whether he is the one at fault or not.

So the 'equality' hasn't always worked out that way for men. Men were the ones who voted in women's right to vote. When there are a serious of social or political changes and upheavals, which have happened and will happen until Christ returns, it seems unlikely to me that egalitarianism toward gender will survive. It is possible that Christ could return before such changes occur.
I hope you’re kidding, but I suppose you’re not...🤦‍♀️

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I just thought of something else. Does it seem weird to anybody else that girls can join Boy Scouts?
This is the secular progressives idea of equality. When I define equality it is within a Biblical worldview. Gender roles are held in perspective of God's design. They are respected and seen as valuable to society. Everything else should be within equality. God's design is why we need women and men's sports. That should be respected because of design. Equal in opportunities and unhindered by the advantages or disadvantages of the opposite sex. Out of design God made both Male and female thinking beings. Both should vote. Some jobs both can compete. While some jobs need different approaches as in military may have to specifically have female separate frontline units.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
The majority of women today have become greedy and they don't just want equality. They want to become superior to men. Well they can rule the evil world if they really want to. But honoring their husband is a holy command. Dominating your husband is not honoring them. Therefore equality in marriage is just a dream for women. The husband will always be superior to the wife. Just like Jesus is superior to his bride, the Church. They cannot be equal in roles. The world is in chaos because everybody is fighting for equal rights.

Matthew 24:12 KJV

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Sep 13, 2018
Ironic is you making that statement with over 1400 posts.
But you don't really know why people choose to be here. Some may have crippling social anxiety and if it weren't for the internet they may barely talk to anyone at all.
Others, no doubt, have physical disabilities that make it hard to get out and meet people.
Nor do you know how much people interact offline. It may be plenty.
Also different people have different needs. I, for one, don't care for a lot of social interaction. Being online allows me get much of what I need, that would otherwise be uncomfortable to me. And when I get close enough to some people I will talk to them in other ways.
Also forum chatting is a much different creature and allows for more thought to be put into everything someone says. This allows for richer, more thoughtful discussions.
Interacting with people no longer needs to be limited to one thing. Communication is not one size fits all.
This thing you criticize for lacking intimacy may be someone else's lifeline.
Yes, My own. As I was thinking to myself, out loud... Again, did'nt mean any offence...

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
The majority of women today have become greedy and they don't just want equality. They want to become superior to men. Well they can rule the evil world if they really want to. But honoring their husband is a holy command. Dominating your husband is not honoring them. Therefore equality in marriage is just a dream for women. The husband will always be superior to the wife. Just like Jesus is superior to his bride, the Church. They cannot be equal in roles. The world is in chaos because everybody is fighting for equal rights.

Matthew 24:12 KJV

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Ah Tink, I like to read your wise posts. Welcome back, for however long you will stay! :)

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I just thought of something else. Does it seem weird to anybody else that girls can join Boy Scouts?
Weird and evil. But not as evil as the push to promote female genital mutilation as female "circumcision". Again the idea that males and females are the same, so the propaganda that excising the vital parts of female anatomy be treated as the equivalent of circumcising unneeded foreskin from males.

Nov 26, 2012
Weird and evil. But not as evil as the push to promote female genital mutilation as female "circumcision". Again the idea that males and females are the same, so the propaganda that excising the vital parts of female anatomy be treated as the equivalent of circumcising unneeded foreskin from males.
That’s not an equal rights thing. It’s mutilation of the clitoris to cause the woman to receive no pleasure from sex so she won’t stray. It’s done in the Middle East. Hardly a thriving equal rights area.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
What exactly do you mean by the bolded sentence? I don't see how the husband is superior to the wife "just like" Jesus is superior to the Church. He is God; we aren't. A human husband is not God.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
What exactly do you mean by the bolded sentence? I don't see how the husband is superior to the wife "just like" Jesus is superior to the Church. He is God; we aren't. A human husband is not God.
To me it sounded like this verse

But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ. —
1 Corinthians 11:3

Doubt it was meant to put man in God status.

Nov 26, 2012
My “superiors” at work are neither physically nor mentally superior. However they are ahead of me in hierarchy, so I must submit and do what they command....no matter how stupid.

proverbs35

Nov 10, 2012
We're not living in a theocracy and it's not possible in the US. Nor is possible not to have women vote. Too many women are single or divorced and rely on no men. They have a right to be represented. Monarchy was given to the Jews because it was what they wanted, not because it was what God wanted. So no a monarchy is no good either, no different than having a president.
Most of the monarchs (kings of Israel) were wicked and did the opposite of what God wanted.

Throughout history and around the world, there have been plenty of wicked kings.

It would be misguided to assume that monarchies are God approved just because that was a form of government in the Old & New Testament. God certainly was not pleased with the wicked kings of Israel.

When the wicked rule, the people groan. Proverbs 29:2B

Like a roaring lion or a charging bear is a wicked ruler over a helpless people. Proverbs 28:15

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
This thread wasn't to hash out theology in the sense of women's roles because there are already 50 threads on such topics. My thread was more on how does your Biblical worldview see women in society in general. Especially in related to feminist movements starting in the early 1900s until now. Are Christian women happy with their position in society. Why or why not. It was a question to women even though most who responded was men lol

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Most of the monarchs (kings of Israel) were wicked and did the opposite of what God wanted.

Throughout history and around the world, there have been plenty of wicked kings.

It would be misguided to assume that monarchies are God approved just because that was a form of government in the Old & New Testament. God certainly was not pleased with the wicked kings of Israel.

Like a roaring lion or a charging bear is a wicked ruler over a helpless people. Proverbs 28:15

With your verses above I will add.

Romans 13 New International Version (NIV)

13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

God's design is supposed to be a terror to evil not the good.

Technically if I had to say which design of Government God recommended, it would be a type of Constitutional Republic with strong defense for the Biblical worldview as in many ways was how Moses governed. The 10 commandments and Mosaic law being like a constitution. And how Moses set up a system divided with balances so that he himself wouldn't be overwhelmed. And in everything God was at the core.

Only a few monarchs was successful in being righteous. King David, King Solomon for most of His life, and a handful of Kings throughout Israel's lineage did right in God's eyes.

But the number who did wrong far surpasses those who did right. As to why God first wanted His people to be ruled by the people, for the people.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
To me it sounded like this verse

But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ. —
1 Corinthians 11:3

Doubt it was meant to put man in God status.
I doubt it too, but I would like to hear her explanation.