Women will be saved through Childbearing, if

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Just one:

You must have forgotten that we're not allowed to use scripture that is man's opinion not the inspired word of God.
I agree; that is a ridiculous comment. When you're ready to return to having a reasonable discussion, let me know.

7seasrekeyed

Meaning, a prophet is able to shut his or her mouth when appropriate.

1 Corinthians 14:29-32
Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge. But if [anything] is revealed to another who sits by, let the first keep silent. For you can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be encouraged. And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

What, you thought it meant a prophet has editing and revision authority over the message God speaks through them?

LOL! sorry...had to get that out first (not sorry)

here is what I was responding to:

JohnR7 said:
Yet women can give a prophecy and the pastor is subject to the prophecy.
the quote by Johnny up above indicates he thinks pastors are subject to prophecy. they are not. I hope that puts it in context for you, as your little haha commentary is just silly at best and worrisome at worst

no prophet (and sadly too many here seem to believe that indicates the level or office of an OT prophet and it does not) has authority over anyone. since most so called prophets nowadays do not have control over themselves and come up with one nonsensical blabbering after another and consider themselves answerable to no one but God, they reveal they are not following scripture

not one single person on this earth can act unilaterally as did OT prophets, but people like to think they can because it is oh so exciting and that person is so powerful. they are liars and the truth is not in them

so acquaint yourself with actual NT prophecy or maybe prophecy in general and then discuss it rather than trying to diss what you do not understand in the first place

all things are to be tried...not blindly followed and to hades with the consequences

there is a God given authority no one, absolutely no one, had the right to speak into another persons' life and control them

that is from hell and is occultic

Mar 28, 2016
We are not

The elect lady was not a pastor. She was just helping the real pastors who are incharge in teaching right doctrines. There is only one woman pastor in the Bible and she is called Jezebel. Those who listen to Jezebel will have tribulation. Her children will die.

Rev 2:20-26 KJV

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and of Christ which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
The elect lady is the bride of Christ, the church. She could be typified as Deborah a prophet who taught men how to cooperate with God who works in us to both will and perform his good pleasure . She ruled as Judge and not lorded it over all the lively stones that makes up the spiritual house of God the church.

Jezebel represent the strange woman . Those with no faith by which they could believe God not seen

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
the quote by Johnny up above indicates he thinks pastors are subject to prophecy. they are not.
So, in your opinion a woman gives a true prophecy from God, a pastor doesn't have to pay any attention to it, because, they are a pastor?

7seasrekeyed

So, in your opinion a woman gives a true prophecy from God, a pastor doesn't have to pay any attention to it, because, they are a pastor?

the day you quit twisting what others say will be a day most notable in these forums

I said nothing of the kind

you don't believe in NT prophecy anyway so what is your point? so your true prophecy notation lacks in sincerity

7seasrekeyed

you ignore what I actually said and try to put words in my mouth I never said

your habit of asking questions in the form of a statement is non productive

Mar 28, 2016
I almost purposely used a translation that retained the 'brothers' but I decided not to because I agree that when Paul says to prophesy, etc. he is including women, not excluding them. The rest of scripture shows us they are not prohibited from doing that. The mistake being made in this thread is the things women can do are being confused with what women can not do, which is hold an office of authority in the church.

God holds the office of authority in the church. He informs us to call no man on earth Teacher, Master, Rabi . Mankind can plant the seed and water it with the doctrines of God. But he alone can give spirit life as growth. He send us out two by two without a separation of gender.

Where two or three are gather in his name, as it is written. He is there. . .teaching comforting and bringing to our memory the things he has taught us.

Nov 16, 2019
I agree; that is a ridiculous comment. When you're ready to return to having a reasonable discussion, let me know.
Are you ready to reconcile the contradiction your doctrine creates between 1 Corinthians 14:26-33 , and vs. 34-38 following? If you need me to explain the contradiction again, I will.

Nov 16, 2019
"37If anyone thinks they are a prophet or otherwise gifted by the Spirit, let them acknowledge that what I am writing to you is the Lord’s command. 38But if anyone ignores this, they will themselves be ignored." - 1 Corinthians 14:37-38

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Are you ready to reconcile the contradiction your doctrine creates between 1 Corinthians 14:26-33 , and vs. 34-38 following? If you need me to explain the contradiction again, I will.
Please read post #178.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
you don't believe in NT prophecy anyway so what is your point? so your true prophecy notation lacks in sincerity
Where in the world did you get that idea? Because it's not true, and I've never said anything even remotely like it.

7seasrekeyed

What's your beef with John then?
I took him to mean that a pastor isn't above prophecy. Did you think he meant something else?

actually, what is your beef with me?

did John hire you as his lawyer?

further, if I disagree with what someone said, that does not mean I have a personal beef with that person

Where in the world did you get that idea? Because it's not true, and I've never said anything even remotely like it.
since you have denied other gifts of the spirit, why would I think you do not also deny the prophetic? note I didn't say that you deny Bible prophecy..we are speaking here of the gift of prophecy...something that mostly fakes claim they have...but don't worry about it.

I find it difficult to believe that miraculous powers and signs are the only things which are "spiritual in nature"
nobody said that either, so whatever :rolleyes:

I find the way you dodge my actual posts and attempt to put words in my mouth the thing that is actually difficult to believe

remember, YOU posted to me...I didn't ask you anything...your way of trying to brush off what you apparently do not care to respond to is more than a little irksome. my days are apparently not as long as are yours.

I probably just will not bother to respond further here as it is going nowhere fast

7seasrekeyed

and for the record and to further explain why I find your posts disingenuous, in the above quote from you, you are not asking a question

you are making a statement

you state 'in my opinion I am saying a pastor etc etc'

no. I never said that.

therefore, it is YOUR opinion or bad understanding of what I said

I don't want to deal with that. it's just a really bad way of communicating

journalists (so called ) do that often in interviews to try and gain a superior position over the person they are interviewing...it is a hostile way of speaking and not honest

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
We are not

The elect lady was not a pastor. She was just helping the real pastors who are incharge in teaching right doctrines. There is only one woman pastor in the Bible and she is called Jezebel. Those who listen to Jezebel will have tribulation. Her children will die.

Rev 2:20-26 KJV

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
The word Pastor is not in the scripture. The Latin word for that designation is, Shepherd.

Question: "Does the Bible teach the office of pastor?"

Answer: The word pastor comes from a Latin word which means “shepherd.” The New Testament presents two offices that constitute church leadership—elder/overseer and deacon.
[Article]
As has been discussed already, that would mean the office of Deacon that was filled by women are valid as members of church leadership.
As are teachers of the word, because their duty is to shepherd the flock.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
oh, we're respecting persons now?
Sadly, you sound as if that's a new idea for you.
it really doesn't matter what kind of '
credentials' anyone has when they are wrong.
it's unnecessary to go through an entire argument point-by-point when the foundation of it is refuted.
If only you would accept as readily when you are wrong.

And yet you have not done that. Twisting what is written, imputing what is not actually in an article, or is something you refuse to acknowledge when it does appear, is not proof of refutation. It is proof of you're being immature and are unable to recognize when you are wrong.

this is the same Paul who wrote that their is neither male nor female in Christ. if you're suggesting again that he's self-contradictory why do you cite him for evidence to plead your case?
I'm the one that reminded you of Paul's saying we are all one in Christ.
And if you would have actually read the definition of brothers you would realize women are able to be included.

The Greek word for "brothers" is, Adelphos .
The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon
Strong's Number: 80
Browse Lexicon
Original WordWord Origin

adelfoßfrom (1) (as a connective particle) and delphus (the womb)
Transliterated WordTDNT Entry
Adelphos1:144,22
Phonetic SpellingParts of Speech
ad-el-fos' Noun Masculine
Definition

1. a brother, whether born of the same two parents or only of the same father or mother
  2. having the same national ancestor, belonging to the same people, or countryman
  3. any fellow or man
  4. a fellow believer, united to another by the bond of affection
  5. an associate in employment or office
  6. brethren in Christ
    1. his brothers by blood
    2. all men
    3. apostles
    4. Christians, as those who are exalted to the same heavenly place

believe he knows what he's saying. instead of trying to argue that 1 Corinthians & Timothy are apostolic brain-farts maybe you ought to look into why he would teach these things knowing full well that in the Spirit there isn't distinction.
there is another Greek word, anthropos, meaning mankind in general, as distinct from other creatures - found in 1 Cor. 14:2 for example. it's not as though he doesn't have the vocabulary to use a word that distinguishes species rather than distinguishing gender. he uses both in the same chapter. [
/QUOTE]

The only thing that quoted part of your remarks requires in response is to suggest you not change Paul's words to your intention for their meaning.
When someone argues that God is as bigoted toward women as they are, they have a very weak argument that is grounded in blasphemy.

I've edited this five times to remove the quote blocks that appear , not my doing. And it never saves, so.....:(

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
The word Pastor is not in the scripture. The Latin word for that designation is, Shepherd.

Question: "Does the Bible teach the office of pastor?"

Answer: The word pastor comes from a Latin word which means “shepherd.” The New Testament presents two offices that constitute church leadership—elder/overseer and deacon. [Article]
As has been discussed already, that would mean the office of Deacon that was filled by women are valid as members of church leadership.
As are teachers of the word, because their duty is to shepherd the flock.

It is just your opinion. The fact is in the Bible. But if you prefer more opinion. See wikipedia.

From Wikipedia.

The title "woman deacon" or "deaconess" appears in many documents from the early Church period, particularly in the East. Their duties were often different from that of male deacons; women deacons prepared adult women for baptism and they had a general apostolate to female Christians and catechumens (typically for the sake of modesty).[29] Women appear to have been ordained as deacons to serve the larger community until about the 6th century in the West.[30] Liturgies for the ordination of women deacons had similarities with as well as differences from those for male deacons.[31]

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
actually, what is your beef with me?

did John hire you as his lawyer?

further, if I disagree with what someone said, that does not mean I have a personal beef with that person

since you have denied other gifts of the spirit, why would I think you do not also deny the prophetic? note I didn't say that you deny Bible prophecy..we are speaking here of the gift of prophecy...something that mostly fakes claim they have...but don't worry about it.

nobody said that either, so whatever :rolleyes:

I find the way you dodge my actual posts and attempt to put words in my mouth the thing that is actually difficult to believe

remember, YOU posted to me...I didn't ask you anything...your way of trying to brush off what you apparently do not care to respond to is more than a little irksome. my days are apparently not as long as are yours.

I probably just will not bother to respond further here as it is going nowhere fast
I tell you, I think there is more than one person here who have more than one person on an account they log into. If you get my meaning. Too many "members" sound alike. And when someone defends someone elses thoughts as if they know them personally, it is a clue I think we should take a look at.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
1 Timothym2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

We have all been saved through childbirth... of a little baby named "Jesus", who was birthed by a little Earthwoman named "Mary". Please accept this wonderful gift from God today and continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety. Salvation is available to all colors, nationalities, and genders; then, now, and as long as the Lord tarries.