Women, women, women....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
There is a pattern in today's society, that many of you may have witnessed or experienced. I will explain it. In today's society (and likely in past societies) there is a trend for men to have numerous one-night stands with multiple women. THIS IS DEVASTATING! I have so many friends (who are female) that have been torn apart inside because they have been bedded by some guy and then he goes onto the another woman. I think (and women correct me if I am wrong) that this is probably more devastating for the woman than the man involved. Being promiscuous offers a false promise of love, nearness, and comfort. And then it is stripped away in the morning when the man leaves. I say to this, "IT IS AN ABOMINATION."

Men, I ask you to make a commitment with me. Make a commitment to pray for these women. Make a commitment to have to tolerance for these sins. Make a commitment to the male children you have or may have to raise them up in a Godly manner to respect their mothers, wives, friends. Lets stop being boys and grow into manhood! That is my prayer.

God Bless, Perk
How can this post of yours be interpreted any other way than that you are victimizing women and singling out men as sole offenders?

Hey, if these women were consenting to what was going on they are just as guilty of this "ABOMINATION" as are the men. No part is innocent.

Beware of feminism.

P

Perk

How can this post of yours be interpreted any other way than that you are victimizing women and singling out men as sole offenders?

Hey, if these women were consenting to what was going on they are just as guilty of this "ABOMINATION" as are the men. No part is innocent.

Beware of feminism.
I was clear to state originally it is harmful for men as well.

But as you have said, "you are victimizing women and singling out men as sole offenders." Speaking from scripture, would you agree that men has some authority over women?

If so, there is a responsibility amongst men to at least behave a little. I see so many so called "men" quick to take up "authoritative manly lives" in their churches and use it to "make submissive" the women, as the Bible states. Instead of making women submit, why not allow them to submit themselves? Instead of blaming the fatherless children in the world on women, why not accept that it was just as much man's fault as the woman's? There is clearly a difference between man and woman. Just look at them anatomically. If you think that there is no difference in the sin being committed during promiscuity, then you are not looking at the whole picture.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
I was clear to state originally it is harmful for men as well.
Yeah, but you discriminately blame the men.

...Speaking from scripture, would you agree that men has some authority over women?
Yes, but it has nothing to do with the guilt shared in this situation. It is not a matter of who has more or less authority, it is a matter of sin, which both parties are equally guilty of, if consenting to it. That is so obvious it should not need to be "discussed" at all.

If so, there is a responsibility amongst men to at least behave a little. I see so many so called "men" quick to take up "authoritative manly lives" in their churches and use it to "make submissive" the women, as the Bible states. Instead of making women submit, why not allow them to submit themselves?
I don't know what your experiences are, from my side of the fence I've never heard/seen anything of what you mention here.

Instead of blaming the fatherless children in the world on women, why not accept that it was just as much man's fault as the woman's?
Who is blaming the fatherless children of the world on women??? Of course there are two parts here equally part of the problem, needless to say lol.

There is clearly a difference between man and woman. Just look at them anatomically. If you think that there is no difference in the sin being committed during promiscuity, then you are not looking at the whole picture.
Tell me what you're shooting at in plain words instead. Are you saying that males have greater sin than females in a setting where fornication has taken place between two consulting adults? Sorry, but if so, that has to be your own private standard.

J

jimmydiggs

Relatively affluent, free of family responsibilities, and entertained by an array of media devoted to his every pleasure, the single young man can live in pig heaven—and often does. Women put up with him for a while, but then in fear and disgust either give up on any idea of a husband and kids or just go to a sperm bank and get the DNA without the troublesome man. But these rational choices on the part of women only serve to legitimize men's attachment to the sand box. Why should they grow up? No one needs them anyway. There's nothing they have to do.
Source: Where Have the Good Men Gone? - WSJ.com

Feminism worked to remove gender roles. It did a swell job at that goal.

Why should a "guy" as the article defines it grow up and be a man? The woman claims to be free of any gender roles, and thus the man has too.

I don't support it as a "should be". Just that, I recognize it as "this is the way it is these days".

Gender roles aren't evil, contrary to what you've been told.

If you can't figure out how this relates to the OP, you're not very good at making connections between ideas and their consequences.

jamie26301

May 14, 2011
This is true yes, however if we did not believe that God was calling us to a higher standard then we quite likely would be just like the men and women described. Belief in God is key to understanding. Without God we are worse than animals.
Oh I agree with you, it's just that I know people who aren't Christian but are decent, moral people.

eugenius

Jul 17, 2009
This is becoming a normal thing in society. In college its not only perfectly normal, its highly encouraged. You are not "cool" if you don't do it. The less sexual partners you had, the less cool you are in college. This is why I don't want to go to college parties and hang out with these people, and why I have almost no friends in college after being there for 5 years.

As a matter of fact I don't even like college that much. I like some of my courses, and love my major, but honestly I can't wait to graduate and be able to choose the people I am friends with. Go seek Christians who commit themselves to not living like the rest of the world.

Oh and by the way, the media is directly responsible for this. Look at almost any movie Hollywood puts out. The more women a guy has, the more cool and manly he is. Look at Iron Man. I love the movie, but come on. Tony Stark is this super duper cool guy who uses women like toilet paper, and his secretary is like, "Its okay the way you are with women Tony, I know I'm pretty low on your list". What kind of message is this? (Insert Facepalm smilie)

S

Sarah_D

Sexual Healing - YouTube

4:52 mins duration of video

Content of the vid:

A poem I originally wrote for open mic at Pacific University. It highlights my journey with casual sex and the conclusion I came to that sex as recreation, or just for fun, is unable to satisfy us the way we were meant to be satisfied. Sex is good, in it's proper context. This poem mainly focuses though on anyone who has been deeply affected, hurt, and damaged by sexual sin. Forgiveness and mercy are given freely by Jesus. He cleans, restores, and heals us beyond measure and asks nothing in return. He saw all our sin and filth before he went to the cross and it was still his joy to go get us.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."-Matthew 11:28

I didn't have time to read the thread, Sorry. But will subscribe and read later so I hope i'm not off-base with contributing with this vid.. just sprang to mind as I read the OP.
Blessings. HE is the lifter of our heads :)

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
From my own experience:
it's much easier for a woman to say NO than its is for a man.

Just think about it...
Men have to ACCEPT the "no" if given..not persist and persist and think that when a woman says "no" she really doesnt mean it..

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
1 Timothy 5:1-3 Contemporary English Version (CEV)

5 Don’t correct an older man. Encourage him, as you would your own father. Treat younger men as you would your own brother, 2 and treat older women as you would your own mother. Show the same respect to younger women that you would to your sister.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
This is the thread that does not end
Yes it goes on and on my friend
Some people started talking here
Not knowing what it was
And they'll continue posting here
Forever just because
Yes it goes on and on my friend...

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yes it goes on and on my friend
Some people started talking here
Not knowing what it was
And they'll continue posting here
Forever just because
Yes it goes on and on my friend...
...sorta like the never-ending story.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
...sorta like the never-ending story.
Nah, the Never-Ending Story was interesting to watch. This is more like watching a crock pot on low heat, waiting hours and hours for it to cook a roast.

Jan 20, 2019
Men have to ACCEPT the "no" if given..not persist and persist and think that when a woman says "no" she really doesnt mean it..
They don't care. They're abusers. The only right answer to that is a kick, but after you found that out just stay away from them altogether. If one asks you if he can come over or on a date outside, consider him a potential rapist unless he's blind. I met one decent guy in my life cause I put no pic in my profile and only a blind man responded and he was decent. He tried to negotiate over the phone that waiting until marriage was too long, but he kept his hands with him. Ah and a boy 18 y o from Yugoslavija. I was 16 . He wanted to kiss and then said: you say no I no. Those were cute.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Wait... if you assume he is a rapist if he comes over, OR if he asks you to go on a date outside... how else would he date you?

Note to self: Never ask certain women out for a date. They will assume you are a rapist.

L

LadyInWaiting

From my own experience:
it's much easier for a woman to say NO than its is for a man.

Just think about it...
Really annoying when guys say stuff like this because no one really knows for sure. No one has been both a man and a woman. So how could one know if it's harder for men than it is for women to say no? Everyone has a choice. Just because you're a guy doesn't mean you have to have sex before marriage.