Would you or do you share bank accounts with your spouse?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

toinena

I think I am good with my own bank account. Would my husband allow me to waste this much money on luxury haircut and doing brows and lashes? Or would he insist on buying budget soapbars and use the money on power drills instead? Thinking about it, I kind of enjoy being single. Except for the prospect of growing old alone and the occasional need of physical contact.

L

LaVieEnRose

Initially, according to Genesis 3:16, God did punish Eve by intensifying her labour pains....

“Then he said to the woman, "I will sharpen the pain of your pregnancy, and in pain you will give birth...”

The journey of being pregnant is beautiful indeed, but the initial point of why women have painful labour is because of what Eve chose to do (disobeying God by eating fruit from the tree of knowledge).
Oh, labor pain is nothing. My mom said a bad toothache is worse. The amazing thing is, the baby kind of makes a woman forget what she just went through!

I think God is nicer to women than He is to men. He always looks after the underdogs and the weak. For example, when Samuel’s sons were being jerks and stealing from the people, God got onto Samuel for being a bad father- not on Mrs. Samuel.

Men have more responsibility. God always takes the woman’s side, like the woman taken in adultery- and when Tamar had to pretend to be a harlot because Phares did not keep his promise.

And God agreed with Sarah that Ishmael had to go- yet God was good to Hagar and had compassion on her in the wilderness.

Leah was hated, so God made her fertile. Then Rachel wanted a baby, so God let her conceive Joseph.

All throughout the Bible, God is very kind to women.

I wish feminists knew.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Labor pains depend on the genetics of the woman. Most woman wish to die during labor. Then theres some who could shoot out dozens of babies without problems. Cant generalise all woman @LaVieEnRose

L

LaVieEnRose

Labor pains depend on the genetics of the woman. Most woman wish to die during labor. Then theres some who could shoot out dozens of babies without problems. Cant generalise all woman @LaVieEnRose
Generalizations are how we make sense of the world. Generalizations are not a bad thing, all of the sciences are based on generalizations.

For example, if I say “Crocodiles generally attack creatures in the water- so don’t swim in waters infested by crocodiles.” That is a generalization. Sure, there are a FEW lazy crocodiles who won’t attack for whatever reason, but MOST will.

So, my generalization is “Most women don’t think too much about labor pain after the baby is delivered” is a valid generalization. Sure, there are some women who only have one child because the pain was unbearable- but MOST women try to have more than one child, because the reward of the child is greater than the pain of the labor.

Generalizations are not a bad thing. Penicillin generally kills bacteria, women generally sit down to urinate, crocodiles generally attack, rabbits are generally gentle, your teeth will generally rot and fall out if you don’t brush them, dogs generally bark and not meow.

ChandlerFan

Jan 8, 2013
I believe it is wise to share a bank account with your spouse. If you don't, then that is a red flag about the state of your relationship. There's actually an old version of a wedding vow that says "With this Ring I thee wed, with my body I thee worship, and with all my worldly goods I thee endow." I think this reflects the biblical view of marriage and the idea of being one flesh.

Also, just to add to the conversation going on, my understanding is that during breastfeeding, oxytocin is released that actually causes the woman's memory of the pain of childbirth to lessen. I'm sure there are those who choose not to have more than one child because of the pain, but this generally seems to be the case, and biologically it makes sense that the body would have a mechanism like this in place that would allow or even encourage a woman to make the choice to have more children in the future.

L

LaVieEnRose

I believe it is wise to share a bank account with your spouse. If you don't, then that is a red flag about the state of your relationship. There's actually an old version of a wedding vow that says "With this Ring I thee wed, with my body I thee worship, and with all my worldly goods I thee endow." I think this reflects the biblical view of marriage and the idea of being one flesh.

Also, just to add to the conversation going on, my understanding is that during breastfeeding, oxytocin is released that actually causes the woman's memory of the pain of childbirth to lessen. I'm sure there are those who choose not to have more than one child because of the pain, but this generally seems to be the case, and biologically it makes sense that the body would have a mechanism like this in place that would allow or even encourage a woman to make the choice to have more children in the future.
In the old vows, the MAN says “with my worldly goods, I thee endow”- not the woman. But she promises to obey, so there is a tradeoff.

You’re right about the oxytocin, the “love hormone”. According to my mom, a woman gets overwhelmed by love, and the recent pain does not really matter.

ChandlerFan

Jan 8, 2013
In the old vows, the MAN says “with my worldly goods, I thee endow”- not the woman. But she promises to obey, so there is a tradeoff.
Oh really? I assumed that they were the same like wedding vows are now, so I assumed wrongly. But the point is that when two people are married, 'me,' 'my,' and mine,' becomes 'us,' 'our,' and 'ours.' This is how God intended marriage to be.

Jun 23, 2018
No, I did not. Give me the gist.
Then learn to read and study and not dream in full day of coming Jesus and take you to heaven, because the prophecy of Lord Christ tell very clear of coming of Son of Man and if he don't find you on right track throw you write in hell namely in the prison of Holy God.

I see you are a wold woman, look like more elder than me. I am in mid 60s.

What tell the laws of Christianity for a elder woman to do ?

Did you ever at least read Titus 2:3-5 ?

Then, start to read and study.

Genesis 3:16; 1 Corinthians 11:3-11; 14:34,35; Ephesians 5:22-24; 1 Timothy 2:9-15; Titus 2:3-5; 1 Peter 3:1-6; these are the laws (rules) of Christianity that a woman have to know and to obey in full
The husband answer before Holy God in Judgement Day and NOT the woman ( wife).

L

LaVieEnRose

Then learn to read and study and not dream in full day of coming Jesus and take you to heaven, because the prophecy of Lord Christ tell very clear of coming of Son of Man and if he don't find you on right track throw you write in hell namely in the prison of Holy God.

I see you are a wold woman, look like more elder than me. I am in mid 60s.

What tell the laws of Christianity for a elder woman to do ?

Did you ever at least read Titus 2:3-5 ?

Then, start to read and study.

Genesis 3:16; 1 Corinthians 11:3-11; 14:34,35; Ephesians 5:22-24; 1 Timothy 2:9-15; Titus 2:3-5; 1 Peter 3:1-6; these are the laws (rules) of Christianity that a woman have to know and to obey in full
The husband answer before Holy God in Judgement Day and NOT the woman ( wife).
I’m not a wold woman. I don’t live in a forest.

Jun 23, 2018
I guess I'm all set then. If satan's only avenue of attack is through the woman, all I have to do is remain single and I'm golden. :cool:
Very very wrong. To be unmerited you have to be virgin and to be at your parents, other way is the answer in 1 Timothy 2:15; to understand better you have to study Genesis in Jacob's time before entered in Egypt.

L

LaVieEnRose

According to Emil, Satan attacks men through women. The reason why men love money is becauae women have raised them to love money.

Since I am an old woman, he gave me the scriptures about how to conduct myself in a more seemly manner.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
And here I thought Satan attacks anyone because he kills, steals, and destroys.

L

LaVieEnRose

It must be very convenient to be Emil and blame everything on women. Though, here lately, I’ve gotten so bitter I blame everything on men. So- I can’t judge Emil.

Jun 23, 2018
Sister, Satan don't kill or steal or destroy, but the humans that follow Satan kill, steal, destroy, hate, do adultery, disregard the laws (rules) of Holy God, and so on.