You know it's time to... when...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
When I made coffee this morning, I stirred it and put the spoon on the edge of the sink... next to the other three spoons that were in the same place for the same reason.

You know it's time to wash dishes when you see a line of spoons waiting to be washed. :rolleyes:

What are your reminders?

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
You know it's time to buy a new vacuum...

When you drop a pancake on the floor and your current vacuum just won't pick it up. :(

Guess what I'VE been doing all morning...

Yes, I know I could just pick up the pancake, but MissCris REALLY has me wanting a vacuum that can do it for me...

(I just want to know, how many pancakes and how many vacuums do I have to go through until I find the RIGHT combination??!!!)

M

MissCris

I know it’s time to clean the litter box when my only boy cat (I call him Mr. Nibbles because it annoys my husband but that’s not his name) starts pulling towels off the hooks and chewing on them.

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
You know its time to go when someone says; "Here's your hat, what's your hurry".

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

When you drop a pancake on the floor and your current vacuum just won't pick it up. :(

Yes, I know I could just pick up the pancake, but MissCris REALLY has me wanting a vacuum that can do it for me...

(I just want to know, how many pancakes and how many vacuums do I have to go through until I find the RIGHT combination??!!!)
This brings to mind an incident I had with my cat and my vacuum cleaner :D

I was getting ready to leave for work recently when I heard a bit of a crash in the other room, so I went to investigate, mostly to make sure my cat was okay :) I discovered that she had stood on the edge of the litter box, and because it did not have enough product in it, her slight weight had tipped the box over, and spilled much of the contents on the bathroom floor. I could not go to work leaving it like that, because she would have fussed at it, and done her kitty scratch dance around it, and who knows what all else with it, so! Out comes my handy yet rarely used vacuum cleaner to suck up the mess, except, the vacuum had zero suction, since it was completely clogged, and I mean right to the place where the hose meets the vacuum body, with cat hair, carpet fibers, kitty litter, and other non-descript yet very dusty detritus. At this point I had to call in to work to say I was going to be late :eek:

You know it's time to fill the litter box when the litter level is
so low, the cat can tip the box over. You know it's time to
empty the vacuum cleaner when there is zero suction. :D

BillG

Feb 15, 2017

You know it's time to stop making pancakes that you drop on the floor because your vacume can't cope with it.
Or if you toss tired pancakes then it's time to buy a bigger pan that you can catch it in.

Poor old vacume

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
You know it's time to get up when the alarm goes off in the morning.
Mind you my alarm is my bichon frise Rufus.

My wife gets up in the morning, Rufus follows her.
Then she says to Rufus "Time to take daddy his cup of tea"
He runs up stairs, bounces on our bed and wakes me up.
Jumps all over me and tries to lick me.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
You know it's time to kick your wife out of bed because you want a cup of tea:cool:

I'm just gonna hide under the bed after making that last comment (Rufus dont give me away)

S

Susanna

You know it's time to kick your wife out of bed because you want a cup of tea:cool:

I'm just gonna hide under the bed after making that last comment (Rufus dont give me away)
You ever done that? Haha

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
You ever done that? Haha
What?
Kick my wife of bed and then hide under it?

In all seriousness NO.

We know each other well enough to know it's time to...
We do get it wrong.
But hey we are human.

Then we know if we get it wrong then it's time to forgive.

B

breezer

when I look over and see my Bible Illuminating - and The Holy Spirit Nudging and Saying - its time to read more of the True Word:D

Aug 2, 2009
I know its time to wash my car when... it's been more than 24 hours since I last washed it.. :rolleyes:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

Two words: Shop Vac. You don't have one? I thought you of all people would have a shop vac...

Really, it sucks up anything. It would suck up the skillet you use to cook the pancakes if you could get it through the tube.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Two words: Shop Vac. You don't have one? I thought you of all people would have a shop vac...
Shop vacs are so 20th century. It's time to look to the future of cleaning. This thing won't just pick up the dust and dirt but also the carpet, the furniture......... :cool:

Vactor-PD-_-stroke1.jpg

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
Shop vacs are so 20th century. It's time to look to the future of cleaning. This thing won't just pick up the dust and dirt but also the carpet, the furniture......... :cool:

View attachment 178457
I watched one of these things in action. They dug a trench from the Nashville MTA to a lift station (you don't even want to know what those are) about a meter deep and 60 meters long and it literally water jetted out the trench hole, sucked up the mud, dumped the brackish water in a storm drain and left a perfect trench without getting the grass wet.

Sep 14, 2017
You know it's time to quit sucking pancakes off the floor when you realize they're so hard they'd make great stepping stones in yer yard, LOL!:p

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
You know it's time to pack when your trip is 2 days away

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I watched one of these things in action. They dug a trench from the Nashville MTA to a lift station (you don't even want to know what those are) about a meter deep and 60 meters long and it literally water jetted out the trench hole, sucked up the mud, dumped the brackish water in a storm drain and left a perfect trench without getting the grass wet.
Ok... So you're telling me this thing will not only pick up an entire STACK of pancakes... But it will also dig trenches as well???!!!

Well, glory hallelujah!!!

My dream of becoming a human mole has just come true.

Picking up pancakes wherever I go... AND digging trenches... through my neighbors' yards...

Just show me where I sign up. :)