50 Reasons For a Pretribulational Rapture By Dr. John F. Walvoord

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 23, 2020
No, the point of Lk21:12 is to say that the 70ad events [following in the TEXT] PRECEDE the beginning of birth pangs that vv.8-11 just told of...

[and note... I do not say immediately precede them... rather, sequentially precede them]

You've got it backwards, due to taking this mis-step...
Lecturing me now?

The end that Jesus refers to in Luke 21:9 is the end of the old covenant age- the destruction of the Temple.
See Matt 10:22 , 24:6,14

Mar 4, 2020
Full disclosure here. I am a dispensationalist.

:)

Go ahead and test me on any other doctrine.
Do you believe in dual covenant theology? Meaning that the God's first covenant (Law of Moses) remains in effect for Jews while the second covenant (Gospel of Christ) is in effect for the church composed of ethnic Jews and Gentlies?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
OldSage said:
Lol...so hard to take you seriously

No, the problem is yours. He asked a direct question and you blew it off completely. So how can he know what you know? You won't tell him, even when he asked.

This is what you said:
"Misapprehension of Luke 21 is the cause of massive eschatological error. It actually gives birth to brazen heresies in my opinion."

So he asked:
"Such as?"

And your flippant answer:
"Such as those being supported on this thread." Such a vague and useless answer does no one any good.
Already answered. Probably 5-10 times at least. Of course this has escaped your attention.....:whistle:

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
FreeGrace2 said:
The only biblical issue between mortality and immortality is being imperishable. Like your views on a pretrib rapture, your claim about "no blood" is without any biblical support. Just another opinion or guess, I would guess.

Can you show me any verse that speaks of this "bloodlessness" that you claim?

Exactly! WHen you have no evidence, make up stuff.

In fact, by believing ONLY WHAT the Bible speaks about, one IS believing what the Holy Spirit has written.

The fact is, the Holy Spirit DOESN'T put on one's heart what the Bible is SILENT about.

How come you haven't taken this to heart? Arguments about what the Bible DOESN'T SAY is a foolish controversy.

I have noticed that.

Please feel free to do what you want whenever you want. Just curious, how are your warnings "official"?

That is your second warning, and Now I do not have to wade through your ridiculous responses.

Jul 23, 2018
The truth is I have never read one single solitary written word scripted by Darby. Nor this mythical cabal known as Jesuits.

"Darby and the Jesuits" are the post-tribbers boogermen/strawmen. When their errant doctrine inevitably breaks down under scrutiny and fails them they inevitably hide behind these names and characters.

The fact is post-trib is the result of amateur level bush league Bible scholarship. That's a fact jack.
Yep
" attack the messenger" is debate tactics when their narrative is weak

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Lecturing me now?
What am I saying differently "now" from that which I've already been saying??

The end that Jesus refers to in Luke 21:9 is the end of the old covenant age- the destruction of the Temple.
The word "end" in v.9 references back to what Jesus is pointing out about what "many [who will come in His name, will be (FALSELY)] saying, '[...]; AND THE TIME DRAWETH NEAR'" (to which Jesus instructs: "go ye not therefore after them" and then tells what are the "these things must FIRST come to pass" and still yet, "but the END is not by and by," meaning, the point in time those He's referencing in v.8 and what THEY will be saying (i.e. "the time draweth near")... Jesus is saying, no, first "the BEGINNING of birth pangs" events must unfold (i.e. SEALS), and then more birth pangs following on from those (i.e. vv.25-26,28,31) before the actual event of Jesus' RETURN takes place in v.27, referring to the point in time of their "redemption" (v.28c references) and "the kingdom of God" (v.31c references; ... which things, leading UP TO that point in time, are simply "NIGH" and "NIGH AT HAND" rather than themselves being the "END" [end-point] being referenced in v.9)

See Matt 10:22 ,
The context of Matt10 covers both the NEAR events (70ad) and the FAR-FUTURE events (future 7-yr Trib yrs), and if I recall rightly, the division starts around v.21... so your v.22 falls into the latter category.

Matt24 STARTS OFF with "the beginning of birth pangs" (at the START of the "far-future" 7-yr Trib yrs) and follows on from there, with v.14 included [and 26:13, same] referring to what WILL be being preached WITHIN those future Trib years (which is not what msg is going forth "NOW" / "in this present age [singular]" / presently... I covered that in other posts, so won't get into that here in this post...)

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Yep
" attack the messenger" is debate tactics when their narrative is weak
I have to confess that I am slipping myself lately in terms of behavior. I commend those who have greater patience and pray to better follow their example.

Jan 31, 2021
Do you believe in dual covenant theology? Meaning that the God's first covenant (Law of Moses) remains in effect for Jews while the second covenant (Gospel of Christ) is in effect for the church composed of ethnic Jews and Gentlies?
No. I believe that both Jew and Gentile are "one in Christ" during this dispensation of the church. I understand the Tribulation as the fulfillment of God's promise to Israel of 490 years. According to those who can count, at the time of the crucifixion, 483 years had passed. So the Tribulation is the fulfillment of the promise.

How'd I do?

Jan 31, 2021
That is your second warning, and Now I do not have to wade through your ridiculous responses.
And? I'll still read your "responses" and make comments that everyone else will learn from. :)

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Already answered. Probably 5-10 times at least. Of course this has escaped your attention.....:whistle:
Well, earlier in this thread he did say he does not read every post... just the ones personally addressed to him, I then assume... so at least give him that ;)

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Wow. While hearing a Rom 11 sermon, I just discovered that Walvoord was John MacArthurs 1st year seminary professor. Interesting.

Walvrood was President of Dallas Theological Seminary. A worthy teacher to be sure.....;)

Mar 4, 2020
No. I believe that both Jew and Gentile are "one in Christ" during this dispensation of the church. I understand the Tribulation as the fulfillment of God's promise to Israel of 490 years. According to those who can count, at the time of the crucifixion, 483 years had passed. So the Tribulation is the fulfillment of the promise.

How'd I do?
I thought you did pretty good. You don't seem like a much of a dispensationalist.

Do you believe that God will authorize animal sacrifices again for Israel during the great tribulation?

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Wow. While hearing a Rom 11 sermon, I just discovered that Walvoord was John MacArthurs 1st year seminary professor. Interesting.

Walvrood was President of Dallas Theological Seminary. A worthy teacher to be sure.....;)

I new I liked Walvoord for some reason.

1623613320314.png

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I just had to put FreeGrace2 on my ignore list for Divisive behavior.

I would like to encourage everyone who does not like his Divisive behavior, to do the same.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
If you would take Revelation 4 & 5 at face value, and believe what Jesus said: "The end is not yet," you would know that the seals are not a part of the 70th week of Daniel.
I do take Rev4-5 at face value. = )

And I *do* believe what Jesus said (I just explained that part in my previous post ^ ... rather, in my Post #3726 - https://christianchat.com/threads/5...ure-by-dr-john-f-walvoord.198357/post-4580553 ).

And I had provided a number of reasons why I DO believe "the beginning of birth pangs / SEALS" *are* at the START of the Trib yrs / 70th Week:

--because of the CONSISTENT "ye / you" (and "proleptic 'you'") in Matt24...

...that is, vv.4's 2x "you" and v.6's 2x "you" and v.9's 3x "you" are the SAME ["consistent" and "proleptic"] "YOU" that v.15 speaks of (at the AOD MID-trib point in time; as well as v.20's "you" and "your"; and v.23's "you"; and v.26's 2x "you"--all being WITHIN the trib yrs / 70th Wk!)

I'd also supplied other reasons:

--Rev1:1 / 4:1 / 1:19c speaking of the "future" aspects of the Book being "things which must come to pass IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]" (parallel this phrase also in Lk18:8 and Rom16:20--things that AREN'T HAPPENING in this present age, but WILL in that future 70th Week);

--that Rev5:9 has the 24 elders saying "hast redeemed US... out-of EVERY..." and casting their "CROWNS" [4:10] (which aren't even received until the "BEMA of Christ") at Jesus' feet (the ONE "worthy" One);

--and the "was found" wording in 5:4 indicating that, by this point in the scene, the "searching judgment" has ALREADY TAKEN PLACE (just like that phrase is also used of Paul in the latter chpts of Acts, when he is brought before THEIR [human / earthly] "bema")

--etc etc...

We KNOW that chapters 11, 12, and 13 are midpoint chapters: each includes at least one "countdown" from the midpoint to the end of the week, proving they are midpoint chapter. So somewhere in these three chapters is a marker (Jesus personally told me that the midpoint was "clearly marked" and that the entire 70th week was marked with the same marker) marking the moment the man of sin enters the temple and reveals Himself as the chapter 13 Antichrist Beast - The abomination Jesus spoke of. Of the 7 seals, 7 trumpets, and 7 vials, which one is written in these three midpoint chapters? Only the 7th trumpet. That is God's marker for the midpoint. If the midpoint is marked with a 7, then the end is marked with a 7, so if we look at the 7th vial, we find, "it is done," or "it is finished." This is good proof of the END of the 70th week.
If the midpoint is marked with a 7, then the beginning is marked with a 7: if we look at the 7th seal, we read of a 30 minute period of silence: what better way to mark the beginning of the time of Jacob's trouble.

There is another proof that the 7th trumpet marks the midpoint: Daniel said the event that will divide the week will be the event that stops the daily sacrifices. There can be little doubt that when someone NOT the high priest enters the most holy place in the temple, the temple will be declared unclean and the daily sacrifices must be stopped: exactly what happened with Antiochus entered the temple. Jesus told those living in Judea to flee the moment they see the abomination, they are to flee into the wilderness. We see this fleeing in Rev 12:6, proving that verse to be only seconds after the abomination. If we back up from 12:6 looking for a marker, again we find the 7th trumpet.
I disagree that the "2W's 1260 days" is identical to the other reference to "1260 days," and do not believe THEIR "1260 days" fall exclusively IN EITHER HALF; rather those "STRADDLE" the two halves. I also disagree with your "7th, 7th, 7th" idea... but would rather cover that in a separate thread... maybe cv5 will open one on that topic some day. = D

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I thought you did pretty good. You don't seem like a much of a dispensationalist.

Do you believe that God will authorize animal sacrifices again for Israel during the great tribulation?

YES I believe, the Jews will build the Third Temple, not convinced it will be on the right Location.

Do you know there are PLENTY of Non-Blood Sacrifices involved in Temple Worship ? ? ?

The Two Witnesses of Revelation will TEACH THEM that JESUS is their final blood Sacrifice.

The Antichrist will put an end to ALL SACIFICES in the TEMPLE, sit in the Holy of Holies, and proclaim, now you will worship me.

Mar 4, 2020
YES I believe, the Jews will build the Third Temple, not convinced it will be on the right Location.

Do you know there are PLENTY of Non-Blood Sacrifices involved in Temple Worship ? ? ?

The Two Witnesses of Revelation will TEACH THEM that JESUS is their final blood Sacrifice.

The Antichrist will put an end to ALL SACIFICES in the TEMPLE, sit in the Holy of Holies, and proclaim, now you will worship me.
I agree there will be a third temple, but it'll be inhabited by an anti-Christ. The construction of the third temple, with temple activities in session, will be an important milestone in fulfilment of end times prophecy.

Do you believe this third temple, complete with animal and non-animal sacrifices for sin offerings, will be ordained by God though?

Jan 31, 2021
FreeGrace2 said:

How'd I do?
Well, thank you. :)

No, I do not. Everything in the OT pointed to the coming Messiah, Jesus Christ. The Law was a "tutor" to lead us to Christ (Gal 3).

Paul taught about "one new man" in Eph 2, and the two being one. And every believer is "in union with Christ", and Paul clarified that to mean there is "neither male or female, Jew or Gentile, etc."

Again, I view the 7 year Tribulation is the fulfillment of God's promise of 490 years, of which 483 years ended at the cross.

Recall Rev 14 and angels flying in mid air "proclaiming the gospel" to the world. It isn't about animal sacrifices or keeping the law that they will be proclaiming. It's the eternal gospel of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.

I also believe that salvation is the exact same whether in the OT or NT. Remember that Paul proved from the Scriptures (OT) that Jesus was the Christ (Messiah). He didn't quote from any epistle. He was the one who wrote most of them. His source was the OT and he was able to prove from the OT that salvation is by faith in the Messiah.

How'm I doing?

Jan 31, 2021
I just had to put FreeGrace2 on my ignore list for Divisive behavior.

I would like to encourage everyone who does not like his Divisive behavior, to do the same.
OK, just to be clear, asking for evidence from the Bible is "Divisive behavior". Got it.