a born-again Christian can never (keyword: never) lose their salvation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ralph-

What about those that never "hear" the gospel? Their opportunity to believe is forfeited by default since there is an inherent error on how people are reached by the "truth" in the gospel. Faith can only come by hearing the gospel and the only mediums to deliver it are by mouth or text.

This is a major flaw in Christianity since it voids a personal revelation of the gospel since it is tied to a method of delivery that cannot be achieved unless a third part source is physically involved.
No, Romans 2:14-16 explains how God deals with those who never hear the gospel of Jesus Christ in this age.

If anyone has a "revelation of God" and the gospel is not involved in some way, they are deemed heretics or lunatics.
They are deemed to be heretics and lunatics at this time in this age because the gospel has gone virtually throughout the world, and has for many, many years. There's little excuse for a person alive today to not formulate a saving knowledge of God based even a little on the knowledge of the gospel God has sent throughout the world in the form of the written Bible.

This means that God only is accessible through faith, which comes from education on the Canonical text. There is no other way to know about Christianity unless you have a bible or a preacher.
In regard to the details of Christianity, yes, that is true. But God has not left himself without witness in the world. And it is sufficient to cause a person who has never heard the name 'Jesus' to repent of his misdeeds and so pass safely through the coming judgment.

The other problem involves whether the bible is being read "correctly" or the preacher is indeed holy spirit filled.

Go figure...
It seems this is no truer than at this present time in church history. But the Bible itself has prophesied that this will be the condition of the church at the end of the age just before Jesus returns to gather his own.

R

Ralph-

Unfortunately there are a lot of conflicting texts on the issue and each can be interpreted in a vast number of ways, hence modern Christianity. There's a flavor for everyone.
Only because men so often decide to have their own flavor of Christianity.

Once a person has decided what their version of the truth is going to be it's usually very, very hard to get them to come to the real truth plainly given us in the Bible.

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
True. A born again Christian can never lose our salvation. We did nothing to earn it in the first place. It is a gift from God . His grace bestowed that gift for the world. And he sacrificed himself as the son to seal the promise for eternity.

God doesn't take back his gift. That's like the thinking of man would do. Not God.

R

Ralph-

Works do not save a person. But sin still condemns a person. But the reason sin does not condemn the believer is because he is trusting in the sacrifice of Christ to absorb the just penalty for his sin.

This is a very important fact that the church is not aware of. You are not saved by your works, but your works will most definitely condemn you. That's why you must continue to believe in Christ.

S

Seedz

No, Romans 2:14-16 explains how God deals with those who never hear the gospel of Jesus Christ in this age.
You conveniently left out the initial part of that, which introduces that idea that you have presented. I reiterate; idea, as in: your idea.

Romans 2
12 For all who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all that have sinned under the law will be judged by the law.
13 For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the DOERS of the law who will be justified.

This is talking about the law, not about the Gospel. Jesus' story of salvation is NOT the law.

The passages you are trying to pass off as an explanation as to what happens to those that do not know the gospel are actually referring to the "morality of God" written on their hearts. Not the gospel...... Paul goes on to say that we are all without excuse because we are all witnesses of creation and conscience. Not that the gospel is known by everyone.

Good try though.

They are deemed to be heretics and lunatics at this time in this age because the gospel has gone virtually throughout the world, and has for many, many years. There's little excuse for a person alive today to not formulate a saving knowledge of God based even a little on the knowledge of the gospel God has sent throughout the world in the form of the written Bible.
How can you so boldly claim that the true Gospel has gone "virtually throughout the world" if most people that I talk to everyday can't communicate the same message from account to account? This means that the message obviously isn't and has never been clear enough to be universal objective knowledge. Why would God send you to "hell" or condemn you to "death" if it is evident that most people are not getting the same message.

I would like to clarify that MOST will agree that the Gospel is a little more than believing that Jesus Died and rose again and conquered sin. My point is that "even the devils believe and tremble." My other point to further reiterate that it is extremely unlikely that you just need to "believe" is the fact that there are many teaching about sin, the consequences, and how important it is to live "holy", or "in a manner pleasing to God". If it was just about believing, I doubt there would have been all of these extra instructions.

In regard to the details of Christianity, yes, that is true. But God has not left himself without witness in the world. And it is sufficient to cause a person who has never heard the name 'Jesus' to repent of his misdeeds and so pass safely through the coming judgment.
Again, see my initial answer.

You are jumping to conclusions too wildly and with pure speculation. You are saying that people have enough witness, even without the bible or a holy spirit filled teacher that what they should do is repent of their misdeeds? How the heck are they even going to know what to repent from if they don't know what they did was wrong?

i.e. A gay village inhabitant in some distant land, secluded and isolated from society. In his culture, homosexuality is no big deal and widely accepted and practiced.

Question, how will he KNOW that his action is sinful and that he must repent from it?

You are misunderstanding a lot of key points and you are jumping to conclusions that only make sense on the surface.

It seems this is no truer than at this present time in church history. But the Bible itself has prophesied that this will be the condition of the church at the end of the age just before Jesus returns to gather his own.
The church has always been in disagreement. Ironically this can be found even in canonized scripture......

S

Seedz

Works do not save a person. But sin still condemns a person. But the reason sin does not condemn the believer is because he is trusting in the sacrifice of Christ to absorb the just penalty for his sin.

This is a very important fact that the church is not aware of. You are not saved by your works, but your works will most definitely condemn you. That's why you must continue to believe in Christ.
Unless you read Romans 2:6 that might insinuate favor from God according to your works.. So these Work for salvation may be onto something eh?

S

Seedz

Only because men so often decide to have their own flavor of Christianity.

Once a person has decided what their version of the truth is going to be it's usually very, very hard to get them to come to the real truth plainly given us in the Bible.
Ralph, my friend... It is inevitable. It is a complex ancient book. There will be many interpretations. How can "real" truth be achieved through such a system?

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
No, you just asked the wrong question. It is quite hard to reason with you as you seem to lack any spiritual wisdom and knowledge whatsoever. As I have said before, I will pray that God softens your heart and gives you ;spiritual glimpses that you can readily absorb and apply in how you live your life.
True. A born again Christian can never lose our salvation. We did nothing to earn it in the first place. It is a gift from God . His grace bestowed that gift for the world. And he sacrificed himself as the son to seal the promise for eternity.

God doesn't take back his gift. That's like the thinking of man would do. Not God.
EZEKIEL; 18; 24; But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned; in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
EZEKIEL; 18; 24; But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned; in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.
You think God can break his word.
That's not true. Salvation is eternal.

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
Wrong answer! You are the one questioning God.
A born again Christian can never lose their salvation. Why does that make you mad?
A born again Christian can never lose their salvation. Why does that make you mad?
Believe what you want>

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
I believe the Bible. I also believe radical atheists should be banned.
I believe the Bible. I also believe radical atheists should be banned.
It is plain to see that You are a non- believer and a false accuser as well. the love of God is not in you. I can tell a good tree from a bad tree by the fruit it bears.

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
It is plain to see that You are a non- believer and a false accuser as well. the love of God is not in you. I can tell a good tree from a bad tree by the fruit it bears.
I'm glad you have a full length mirror.
I'm not a false accuser of anything. If you don't want to be seen as an atheist stop arguing God is a liar.

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
I'm glad you have a full length mirror.
I'm not a false accuser of anything. If you don't want to be seen as an atheist stop arguing God is a liar.
Then you are totally blind, the darkness you live in is a very deep darkness that will not allow you to see any truth of God's word.

S

Seedz

Then you are totally blind, the darkness you live in is a very deep darkness that will not allow you to see any truth of God's word.
How can I see the truth of God's word?

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
I see the truth in what you are. Proverbs 18:2-3 That means you can't actually discuss the Bible and be taken seriously.
I'm a member of Christian forums that would ban you in a minute for all that you've said to condemn God and his word.
I won't be reading you anymore. That crack you made about Satan being my father? No matter how you try by that implication, no woman here would ever agree. Because that would make them your sister.

I wouldn't mock Gabriel either. God is not mocked. You'll likely find that out soon enough.

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
I see the truth in what you are. That means you can't actually discuss the Bible and be taken seriously.
I'm a member of Christian forums that would ban you in a minute for all that you've said to condemn God and his word.
Like I really care. Im in God's kingdom, not yours, and that is all i need.

T

theanointedsinner

wow, is this what Jesus mean by "I come not to bring peace but a sword"?