That's exactly right.The Book of Job shows me that Satan can't do anything without God's permission.
That's exactly right.The Book of Job shows me that Satan can't do anything without God's permission.
All those vietnam vets get me a little teary eyed....like you say they went to hell and back.Good! I am glad that my experiences bring you smiles, for this is the full intention of the Lord. His ways are not our ways, meaning that we see His ways as backward. Such as, the death of His Saints is beautiful. That's quite a concept, considering that the vast majority of Christians fear their deaths, including myself. That said, I am learning to anticipate my death, even submitting my physical flesh to whatever form of death he has chosen. I know that regardless of how I die, it will be worth it. I've had a foot within the Door of Heaven and I can attest that how we die is absolutely irrelevant. That said, I sure hope that I do not endure the kind of torture that some of our prisoners of war have endured. My former uncle . . . 7 years in Vietnam. It is inconceivable what that man lived through.
But, I'm not sure that I view the Devil as my enemy. Instead, I view the Devil as a bolt of lightning that fell from the sky because of the Circumcision of Christ. I never, never think about the Devil and his possible impact on my life. I have no fear of Satan, but instead, I have True Fear of the Lord.
Luke 10:17-18 KJV - "And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. 18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven."
"Absolutely," does that make sense?![]()
The Book of Job shows me that Satan can't do anything without God's permission.
Satan is declared as our enemy.Good! I am glad that my experiences bring you smiles, for this is the full intention of the Lord. His ways are not our ways, meaning that we see His ways as backward. Such as, the death of His Saints is beautiful. That's quite a concept, considering that the vast majority of Christians fear their deaths, including myself. That said, I am learning to anticipate my death, even submitting my physical flesh to whatever form of death he has chosen. I know that regardless of how I die, it will be worth it. I've had a foot within the Door of Heaven and I can attest that how we die is absolutely irrelevant. That said, I sure hope that I do not endure the kind of torture that some of our prisoners of war have endured. My former uncle . . . 7 years in Vietnam. It is inconceivable what that man lived through.
But, I'm not sure that I view the Devil as my enemy. Instead, I view the Devil as a bolt of lightning that fell from the sky because of the Circumcision of Christ. I never, never think about the Devil and his possible impact on my life. I have no fear of Satan, but instead, I have True Fear of the Lord.
Luke 10:17-18 KJV - "And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. 18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven."
"Absolutely," does that make sense?![]()
I think he meant satan can do nothing to a believer....w o permission.Right now, Satan is the god of this world. He is the ruler of darkness of this world. Yes, God has given him that right.
d postRight now, Satan is the god of this world. He is the ruler of darkness of this world. Yes, God has given him that right.
Now THAT is good news indeed."Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon,
that your faith will not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.” Luke 22:31
I believe we are all sifted, and for good reason!Now THAT is good news indeed.
It tells me Jesus is 100% for us
No I believe job spoke from honesty from the heart from what he had seen and was going through.
There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was blameless and upright, and one who feared God.
This is how the Lord saw him. So God had no issues with job.
The story of job is how our faith should be . Our faith should be upon a rock foundation.
Job thought it would have been better if he would not have been born.
All those Vietnam vets get me a little teary-eyed....like you say they went to hell and back.
Satan is declared as our enemy.
Jesus said satan comes to kill, steal ,and destroy.
He is a powerful enemy in the face of a weak church or believer.
It was he that was behind pauls suffering and persecution.
I believe we are all sifted, and for good reason!
Also brings to mind the image of wheat and chaff being separated...
Thank you, PC. I really enjoyed all of your work above. I think that what I was saying, though, is that it wasn't until after God had unleashed Satan that Job began to unravel, in my opinion. Yes, the Lord had no issues with Job prior to Satan's arrival, but it was after Satan began to do the amazing things he did that Job's attitude was troublesome.
I always feel like I'm hard on Job and think to myself that if I go back and read his thoughts that are directed to the Lord, that I would perhaps feel better about Job . . . I find that I don't (and it doesn't matter which translation I use). My last reading through Job was through the amazing Jewish Tanakh, and sure enough, Job seems so rude to the Lord, almost as if Job had never had any real Spiritual experience with Him. Its as if when the Lord replied to Job that he began to grasp the True reality of God. I can relate to that idea (if that idea is True.) Short explanation:
My earliest memories of life include my "belief" in God and I really believed that my Faith and ideas of Faith were genuine. But, the incredible Spiritual experience that I had within the Arizona desert completely changed my scope of the reality of God. This was the moment that I realized my mud-puddle-like Faith. My Faith was shallow and muddy . . . very unclear. I get the feeling that Job experienced something like that when the Lord began to reply to Job. It was after the Lord replied to the Job that Job's unsavory attitude began to change . . . and there [is] a change. As said, this is precisely what happened to me. I realized that my Faith was not founded upon a solid foundation, but founded on a Gospel that was not complete at all. Absolutely, Job was much more Holy and Righteous than I, I was Truly a piece of sinful trash.
I don't know. I guess I just find it interesting that in all of Job's response . . . he didn't sin. To me, it appears that he sinned, thus I wonder if perhaps there was some sort of human translation error. Having experienced the Lord as I have, to the degree that if I had felt more of His Power, Peace, and Love, that my physical body would have been somehow altered, I cannot imagine having the thoughts that he had about God. Since my experience with Him, I know that it doesn't matter what happens to me in the world, even should I lose ALL things, including my total freedom, I would never speak the things that came from Job's mouth. It is impossible that I would think as he thought. Also, when I read the work of Paul, I can see that he never says anything like what Job had said. Regardless of Pauls being beaten to the point of likely death, being naked, shipwrecked, abandoned by all in the province of Asai, for example, he never said anything like what Job said.
Thanks for reading . . . I love to write and could go on and on about this. I guess that I love our Father so much that it hurts to read of Job's views of Him. Job seemed to have so little Wisdom, Knowledge, and Understanding.
IF I have offended anyone by what I wrote above, please accept my apologies. I am only writing from my heart.
I will answer you when I reach the chapters concerned. I am waiting for my words about chapter two to appear on the forum.Right! And this is a Blessing from God, not a destructive work of Satan. If I read you correctly, it seems that's what you're indicating. Forgive me if I'm wrong.
I was simply responding to this statement: "I hate being wrong . . . but it seems that I might be".Questions: Why are you so eager to point out flaws? Why are you so ready to demean? Do you say what you say [because] of the Love of Christ within you?
I was simply responding to this statement: "I hate being wrong . . . but it seems that I might be".
Yes. But I'm bummed. I'm not fond of the idea of being available to Satan. That brings me no comfort at all.
AND, it means that so much of my writings (and videos) are in error. Whew . . . discouraging. I'm questing whether or not I should write anything at all anymore. It is unacceptable for me to be wrong about the Lord's Truth.
You are simply misunderstanding my response and you have done nothing wrong. Just like Job and Paul were attacked by Satan, all Christians are subject to Satanic attacks. My response had nothing personal, but just a general observation to clarify what you had posted..If I have done something to offend you, either of today or of the past, please forgive me. Please give me the chance to correct my wrongs. I am very, very sorry if I have done something to cause you to be aggressive towards me. I'm sure that it is my fault.
You are simply misunderstanding my response and you have done nothing wrong. Just like Job and Paul were attacked by Satan, all Christians are subject to Satanic attacks. My response had nothing personal, but just a general observation to clarify what you had posted..