against oneness pentecostalism

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AtonedFor

Answer to questions

1. Psalm 65:2 O' thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall ALL flesh come. Jesus as the Son of God was flesh and blood, he had to pray that the scripture be not broken.

2. Because all the fulness of the Godhead is in Christ, they are one. Jesus was not in the Godhead, the Godhead or fulness of the Father was in Christ, for the scripture says that the Spirit was not given to him by measure, which means all the fulness power and authoruty.

3. If you better understood the Eternal, then you will know that all time is alike to the Father, for there is no difference. The Son has a name written on his thigh... The word of God. God spoke through his Word and created all things.

4. We call ourselves Apostolic and pentecostal because of the Apostles doctrine and the born again experience of speaking in tongues, everyone I know in the Pentecostal faith speaks in the prayer lanquage.

5. Yes and we have churches in 192 countries, goggle the united petecostal Church Int. And by personal experience miracles signs and wonders do follow. I don't need to list them because you are not a believer.
Thank you for your answers.
#1 -- This is a very very weak reply.
#2 -- You are saying that all the fullness of God was in Christ, so God was no longer in heaven, but He was in Christ.
So, again, what was Christ doing praying all the time to God in heaven (because He wasn't there).
#3 -- Again, nonsense. Time has nothing to do with it. There are obviously 2 beings involved here.
#4 -- The born-again experience has absolutely nothing to do with speaking in tongues, as 1 billion people will attest to.
Many verses say that, for this experience, the Holy Spirit comes INSIDE the person.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AtonedFor

From the UPCI website ...

Fundamental Doctrine
The basic and fundamental doctrine of this organization shall be the Bible standard of full salvation, which is
repentance, baptism in water by immersion in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,
and the baptism of the Holy Ghost with the initial sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit give utterance.

About God
There is one God, who has revealed Himself as our Father, in His Son Jesus Christ, and as the Holy Spirit.
Jesus Christ is God manifested in flesh. He is both God and man.

IMO, that which I have colored red is in error.

P

prophecyman

Fundamental Doctrine
The basic and fundamental doctrine of this organization shall be the Bible standard of full salvation, which is
repentance, baptism in water by immersion in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,
and the baptism of the Holy Ghost with the initial sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit give utterance.

About God
There is one God, who has revealed Himself as our Father, in His Son Jesus Christ, and as the Holy Spirit.

That which is in red will judge you and out of your own mouth.

A

AtonedFor

That which is in red will judge you and out of your own mouth.
My comments below are for others (not you) ... for your mind is closed to spiritual truth,
i.e. you are brainwashed with error ... like several thousands of other similar cults.

Baptism into the church --- the Holy Spirit comes INTO the person.
“For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body (the church)
… and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.” (1 Corinthians 12:13)

The Holy Spirit takes up residence INSIDE the believer …
John 14:16-23; Romans 8:11; 1 Corinthians 3:16; Galatians 4:6; 1 Timothy 1:14; 1 John 3:24; 1 John 4:12-16.
This born-again experience has absolutely nothing to do with speaking in tongues, as 1 billion people will attest to.

Baptism with the Holy Spirit --- the Holy Spirit comes UPON the person.

This baptism is a special anointing (mostly for power for ministry).
John the Baptist proclaimed that Jesus is the One who baptizes with the Holy Spirit
… Matthew 3:11, Mark 1:8, Luke 3:16, John 1:33.
The baptism with the Holy Spirit comes after being born again (or at the same time).
7 verses say that for this baptism the Holy Spirit comes UPON the believer, for example:
“… the Holy Spirit fell upon them, as upon us at the beginning. Then I remembered
the word of the Lord, how He said, ‘John indeed baptized with water, but you shall
be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’ ” (Acts 11:15-16)

14 Scripture passages directly LINK the following gifts and events with this baptism:
the promise, the gift, upon, laying on of hands, filled with the Holy Spirit,
received the Holy Spirit, speaking in tongues, power, boldness, miracles.
I have a chart showing how they are obviously all linked together in the 14 Scriptures.

This information is given with the express purpose of ...
helping people avoid being duped by the United Pentecostal Church International (UPCI).

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dishchat

Fundamental Doctrine

About God

There is any place in the Bible where a christian was baptised in the name Father, Son and Holy Gost. All were baptised in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
There is any place in the Bible where a christian was baptised in the name Father, Son and Holy Gost. All were baptised in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ
In response to your inquiery:
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

D

dishchat

In response to your inquiery:
Mat 28:19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway,evenunto the end of the world. Amen.
Father is not a name; Son is not a name; Holy Gost is not a name.
Matt.28vs19 said 'name'
Lord Jesus Christ is a name.
Father: The Lord said to my Lord' sit at Right hand'
Son:Jesus
Holy Spirit: anointed: Christ
The Name of Father,Son,Holy Gost is the Lord Jesus Christ

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Father is not a name; Son is not a name; Holy Gost is not a name.
Matt.28vs19 said 'name'
Lord Jesus Christ is a name.
Father: The Lord said to my Lord' sit at Right hand'
Son:Jesus
Holy Spirit: anointed: Christ
The Name of Father,Son,Holy Gost is the Lord Jesus Christ
That is certainly a novel interpretation of the appellations of God in the Word. Everyone knows Who the Father is, Who Jesus Christ is, and Who the Holy Spirit is. We also know from the prophet Zephaniah that when God comes to be among His children He will be called by ONE name. This will be glorious, no confusion of names, persons, none of this, simply praising our God forever, truly a grand future, amen.