Are there any Moderators here at this site?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

NoNameMcgee

Sort of. For example, I often listen to a Seventh Day Advent radio station at work. I don't happen to believe that consuming alcohol is a sin (drunkenness is a different matter). If I understand SDA doctrines, they apparently think it's a sin to drink alcohol. I can imagine an SDA person telling someone else that that glass of beer they're drinking is a sin. (Imaginary situation.) Rather than judging someone over a matter of interpretation, I think the better course of action would be to tell the beer drinker that, according to our interpretation, we believe drinking that glass of beer is a sin. (fyi, SDA's have created a whole rationalization about Jesus turning the water into grapejuice at the wedding feast. lol)

==============================

As for the verse quoted in post #55, I would be surprised that it's being implied that it's okay to judge another so long as you judge correctly. I'm not sure that's the implication of that post. That's why I asked about it.
makes me think of

_________

Romans Chapter 14

1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

________

but that doesnt mean we dont test spirits
or ever judge things or people correctly

there are people in this world you shouldnt trust your children with if you had to find a caretaker

and there are people who would guard your child with their life

Sep 14, 2017
The chats were ran the same. Problem is there was the same problem there as the forums. Mods aren't on 24/7.

Also chats and forums function differently. What's best for one may not be ideal for another.

Not to mention options available. The forums are built on v-bulletein. So Robo has to work with and within the restrictions of that program.

And, really, comparing Jesus to a chat room? Twist scripture much? That has to be one of the biggest stretches to use scripture I've ever seen.
Spoken like a true CC patriot.

So, we shouldn't be like Jesus?

Shouldn't Christian Chat seek to imitate Jesus?

And as far as the differences between the chat & the forum, The chat part is better, while the forums are low quality due to letting the rules slide.

No, they don't have to change a thing. They can keep losing members, & before you know it, there's nothing to moderate.

Problem solved.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
As for the verse quoted in post #55, I would be surprised that it's being implied that it's okay to judge another so long as you judge correctly. I'm not sure that's the implication of that post. That's why I asked about it.
Well, I find that judgment to be very odd considering that the verse is very straightforward; I wonder what in the world you think the "implication" was supposed to be. I do remember a few posts from you in a thread a while back, where you falsely accused me of a number of things. You judged in error, and repeatedly. The point being, if you think you should not be judging others, why do you???

You can couch your language in any number of cloaks to try to disguise the intent, but if you tell someone you believe that drinking is a sin while they are sitting in front of you nursing a hot toddy, they will probably feel judged, so the end result is likely to be the same.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
If you're trying to quote scripture that supports us judging others, you're headed down the wrong path.

Judge not, that ye be not judged. (Matt 7:1)

I think Matt 7:1 is one of the verses most commonly ripped out of context. Sure, by itself it would appear to be a command to not judge but within the context of verses 2-5 it's clearly a warning to not be hypocritical in judgement.

7 “Judge not, that you be not judged. [SUP]2 [/SUP]For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. [SUP]3 [/SUP]Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? [SUP]4 [/SUP]Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? [SUP]5 [/SUP]You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. (ESV)

Dec 28, 2016

I think Matt 7:1 is one of the verses most commonly ripped out of context. Sure, by itself it would appear to be a command to not judge but within the context of verses 2-5 it's clearly a warning to not be hypocritical in judgement.

7 “Judge not, that you be not judged. [SUP]2 [/SUP]For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. [SUP]3 [/SUP]Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? [SUP]4 [/SUP]Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? [SUP]5 [/SUP]You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. (ESV)

And we have ourselves a winner!!!

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Speak2Me;3399084[SIZE=1 said:
]

And as far as the differences between the chat & the forum, The chat part is better, while the forums are low quality due to letting the rules slide.

No, they don't have to change a thing. They can keep losing members, & before you know it, there's nothing to moderate.[/SIZE]
I've been hearing this for almost as long as I've been on site both in the context of us being too lax and in the context of us being too strict. Obviously they cannot both be correct.

Interestingly enough, our number of active users has remained relatively constant over the six years that I've been here.

U

Ugly

Spoken like a true CC patriot.

So, we shouldn't be like Jesus?

Shouldn't Christian Chat seek to imitate Jesus?

No, they don't have to change a thing. They can keep losing members, & before you know it, there's nothing to moderate.

Problem solved.
So great when a new guy knows it all and assumes those here for years knows less than he does. Frankly you sound arrogant and self important. Talking crap about things you know nothing about. Then saying "shouldn't we be like Jesus?". Using that term more often is a shield for the self righteous than a call to live holy. I see you're no different.
Sites been around nearly 20 years, but keep on pretending you know it all.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I've been hearing this for almost as long as I've been on site both in the context of us being too lax and in the context of us being too strict. Obviously they cannot both be correct.

Interestingly enough, our number of active users has remained relatively constant over the six years that I've been here.
Additionally, hasn't CC been in existence for something like 15+ years? (Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, O.F. :))

I always get a kick out of users who have only been here a year or two at most and say the site is going to dwindle down to nothing and collapse as if it's going to happen tomorrow, because I guess they don't realize how long this site has actually been around.

True, it may not be here forever, but it doesn't look like it'll be shutting down anytime soon--and even then, it could be for entirely different reasons other than member extinction.

Chester

May 23, 2016
I have been here for almost two years and in my opinion the mods are doing an excellent job. They get involved when necessary, but are not constantly policing everything that is said. They let us hammer out differences without interference unless things go overboard.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Additionally, hasn't CC been in existence for something like 15+ years? (Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, O.F. :))
AlaynaJ is CC's "oldest" user and she's been here for 18 years. I think the site has been up (chat only originally) for about 20 years now.

Sep 14, 2017
So great when a new guy knows it all and assumes those here for years knows less than he does. Frankly you sound arrogant and self important. Talking crap about things you know nothing about. Then saying "shouldn't we be like Jesus?". Using that term more often is a shield for the self righteous than a call to live holy. I see you're no different.
Sites been around nearly 20 years, but keep on pretending you know it all.
So, I guess we shouldn't say we should be like Jesus anymore since it angers so many people?

Also wondering why you're slamming me for my post. It might be controversial, but it is my opinion, & the last time I looked, I'm allowed to state my opinion.

It looks bad when you come out swinging over something so trivial.

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
I do remember a few posts from you in a thread a while back, where you falsely accused me of a number of things. You judged in error, and repeatedly. The point being, if you think you should not be judging others, why do you???
Wow! You really hang on to stuff a long time. Are you related to my wife? I had forgotten all about that thread. And it took some digging to find it: The "Fan Fiction" thread from Oct. 27 in Miscellaneous (For some reason I can't link to it.)

Looking back at that thread I don't think I made any false accusations. I think you questioned that new poster's faith because her poorly worded post cause a misconception on your part. I think what I said then was accurate:
No need to cast the first stone. I believe this is just a case of poor wording in the original post of this thread. If I understand correctly, she is asking for fan fiction to be written about a situation where Jesus walks on water—similar to the gospel accounts of where He actually did walk on water.
You can couch your language in any number of cloaks to try to disguise the intent, but if you tell someone you believe that drinking is a sin while they are sitting in front of you nursing a hot toddy, they will probably feel judged, so the end result is likely to be the same.
True that a person might feel judged no matter how the words were couched. But it seems like there are a few fundamental Christian beliefs that one must hold in order to be considered a Christian. And then there are a lot of other, peripheral issues, beliefs and traditions (water immersion vs. sprinkling, hot toddy vs. no alcohol, Saturday vs. Sunday, etc.). I think it's best not to judge others for those other, peripheral things. I think that's what Romans 14 is telling us. /jmho :)

U

Ugly

So, I guess we shouldn't say we should be like Jesus anymore since it angers so many people?

Also wondering why you're slamming me for my post. It might be controversial, but it is my opinion, & the last time I looked, I'm allowed to state my opinion.

It looks bad when you come out swinging over something so trivial.
Great job twisting my words. You're a pro at word twisting and playing the martyr! Must've taken a lot of practice to get that good.

Feb 28, 2016
well, there's a dog here that knows and discerns many more things than
the common man...go figure...

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
I was just wondering. I see a lot of personal attacks and trolling being done by members and not much if anything being done about it.

Personally as a Christian we should expect the personal and physical attacks. So it is no big deal for me really.

The reason I bring it up is because many professing Christians are making accusations about one another, being condemning, antagonistically trolling, and calling one another names here. This is not something a Christian is suppose to do. If anything we are to kick the dust from our heals after the 2nd or 3rd admonition and depart.

If we find ourselves acting in such a manner are we loving?

If your intent is Love, do you not know that all that is seen is the words on the screen.

There is a time for rebuke. But is this the place when they can not see and feel the love behind it.

I tell you a truth. If they are hardhearted and stiff necked, the Love seen and felt will convert not the knowledge and wisdom.
I figure with our latest spammer amidst it would be good time to bring this thread to the forefront.

This site is in desperate need of a Moderator that is on more often.

U

Ugly

I figure with our latest spammer amidst it would be good time to bring this thread to the forefront.

This site is in desperate need of a Moderator that is on more often.
I suppose that would explain my recent thread requesting more mods. Given the response I got I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for more.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I suppose that would explain my recent thread requesting more mods. Given the response I got I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for more.
Perhaps figure out a way for the members to ban / delete these types of posts on their own.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Which makes no sense. I am sure many here would volunteer. I use to moderate a site. We had volunteers all the time. The only issue is finding unbiased, level headed individuals.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Which makes no sense. I am sure many here would volunteer. I use to moderate a site. We had volunteers all the time. The only issue is finding unbiased, level headed individuals.
That wraps up the whole problem. I am in complete agreement that I need additional help with the forums but of the persons who are most active by far the majority would be disqualified either by the way they interact with other users, or doctrinal issues.