Are Women Not Allowed to Preach in Every Case?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
What do you think the purpose is of going to church" Self edification or a sign to those outside. . the gospel revealed to the world?

I would think self edifying can be done at home. Neither men nor woman would want to give that kind of a sign to the world and call it good news.. it could disrupt to whole purpose for gathering together.

Our Savior humbled Himself giving glory to the unseen father who worked with Him.
IT is the BODY of believers coming together like GOD tells US to
GOD bless as GOD sees fit

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Well, I bet they are truly relieved that you are giving them a pass........... As for 1 Timothy, being married IS NOT a requirement, nor does Paul state that. He simply understands that the majority of adult men at that time were married. As well, he ALSO said men should NOT marry didn't he? And many people completely misunderstand the writings of the Apostle Paul.

Briefly, he wrote in two styles.........thus sayeth the Lord and I would rather that, it would be better that. Thus sayeth the Lord means just that. It is a commandment, and not to be argued. I would rather that, it would be better that was when Paul was expressing his PERSONAL beliefs on the best way to live a Christian life. It WAS NOT a commandment from God!

When reading his Epistles, it is extremely necessary to recognize which style he is writing in BEFORE one decides to use what he writes to establish REQUIREMENTS for the Church.
Peter was married I don't know about the rest .. I do know what 1 Tim 3 says and it makes sense .. A preachers wife usually works her tail off too with little thanks..

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
If you would read to whole thing that I put on here it shows you that I have, 1 COR 14:34 IT is you that GOD says is ignorant...
You have misunderstood what I posted. I said Eve's transgression impacted Christian women. Did you get that?

T

TheIndianGirl

In my church and other churches around me, I've noticed that women often start out as youth pastor or as associate pastor, with a senior/head pastor as male. They are also extremely active and serve as guest or temporary pastors/speakers at other churches. However, the women later step in or apply as senior pastors. So by this time, everyone is fully aware of their capabilities based on reccomendendaton, videos of them preaching, etc.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
Peter was married I don't know about the rest .. I do know what 1 Tim 3 says and it makes sense .. A preachers wife usually works her tail off too with little thanks..
I do not know what you are get at, IT is out there and it's BIBLE, AND those that receive it receive it, AND those that don't receive don't receive it. I am not going to cut no corners to get no one to like me, If someone likes ME, I won't it to be because I stood on what GODs WORD says, And most people are dislike for doing that, no corners for me or no body else, What people do with it will be between and GOD. And I think there has been enough said for them to do that.

T

TheIndianGirl

In my church and other churches around me, I've noticed that women often start out as youth pastor or as associate pastor, with a senior/head pastor as male. They are also extremely active and serve as guest or temporary pastors/speakers at other churches. However, the women later step in or apply as senior pastors. So by this time, everyone is fully aware of their capabilities based on reccomendendaton, videos of them preaching, etc.
My pastor speaks at other churches, during the weekdays now and them. I don't always follow where she is or what she is doing, but she is definitely active.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
You have misunderstood what I posted. I said Eve's transgression impacted Christian women. Did you get that?
I'm sorry if I miss under stood you. BUT Paul is saying if WE are saying that a woman can speak in the CHURCH then WE are ignorant WHICH means unlearned. GOD bless as GOD sees fit for you ALL.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
My pastor speaks at other churches, during the weekdays now and them. I don't always follow where she is or what she is doing, but she is definitely active.
JUST because someone is active in the church doesn't mean they are A godly person, THE ONES THAT ARE GODLY PEOPLE ARE THE ONES THAT ARE FELLOWING GODs WORD JUST EXACTLY LIKE IT SAYS TO.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Where two or more are gathered in y Name….. Paul taught it was "his" inclination not to allow women to teach or preach…………. What shall we go back to the Levitical laws now that Christ, Yeshua has made them obsolet?
Now you are claiming that a couple of Christians discipling another Christian suddenly becomes a church. That is nonsensical on the face of it. "Gathered in my name" refers to Christians gathering for worship. And Paul was not going back to Levitical laws, but even if he did, that would be perfectly valid if God led him to do so under divine inspiration.

When Paul mentioned the Law in 1 Corinthians 14, he meant the Torah, and within the Torah is the book of Genesis. And within Genesis is the injunction to Eve and to all women.

Now notice that Paul was not expressing his opinion here (even though he speaks with apostolic authority he says what God says), by presenting God's truth:

1 TIMOTHY 2

WHAT GOD EXPECTS OF CHRISTIAN WOMEN
9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; 10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

WOMEN FORBIDDEN TO PREACH, TEACH, OR ASSUME AUTHORITY WITHIN THE CHURCH (APPICABLE TO ALL CHURCHES)
11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not [ALLOW NOT] a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. (1 Cor 14:23)

THE BIBLICAL BASIS FOR THIS INJUNCTION
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety. [Note: "saved in childbearing" would mean work out her salvation as a wife and mother within the home, as well as good works outside the home (v 10), since salvation is by grace through faith]

It should be noted that even though the Catholic and Orthodox churches have many errors, they disallowed women from becoming priests based upon these Scriptures. But Paul made it crystal clear in other passages that both elders and deacons were to be men. And it is the responsibility of elders to preach, teach, and have authority and oversight within the churches.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
I do not know what you are get at, IT is out there and it's BIBLE, AND those that receive it receive it, AND those that don't receive don't receive it. I am not going to cut no corners to get no one to like me, If someone likes ME, I won't it to be because I stood on what GODs WORD says, And most people are dislike for doing that, no corners for me or no body else, What people do with it will be between and GOD. And I think there has been enough said for them to do that.
Hi Bud, I like you fine, you have your opinion .. Believe it or not as much as I talk on here I rarely speak at church and don't care to know the preachers that close .. I can but it's not my church , I've led a youth group or two but the preaching is up to the preacher .. I don't care to be a deacon either, I've always had my own ministry out witnessing ..

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
Now you are claiming that a couple of Christians discipling another Christian suddenly becomes a church. That is nonsensical on the face of it. "Gathered in my name" refers to Christians gathering for worship. And Paul was not going back to Levitical laws, but even if he did, that would be perfectly valid if God led him to do so under divine inspiration.

When Paul mentioned the Law in 1 Corinthians 14, he meant the Torah, and within the Torah is the book of Genesis. And within Genesis is the injunction to Eve and to all women.

Now notice that Paul was not expressing his opinion here (even though he speaks with apostolic authority he says what God says), by presenting God's truth:

1 TIMOTHY 2

9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; 10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

WOMEN FORBIDDEN TO PREACH, TEACH, OR ASSUME AUTHORITY WITHIN THE CHURCH (APPICABLE TO ALL CHURCHES)
11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not [ALLOW NOT] a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. (1 Cor 14:23)

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety. [Note: "saved in childbearing" would mean work out her salvation as a wife and mother within the home, as well as good works outside the home (v 10), since salvation is by grace through faith]

It should be noted that even though the Catholic and Orthodox churches have many errors, they disallowed women from becoming priests based upon these Scriptures. But Paul made it crystal clear in other passages that both elders and deacons were to be men. And it is the responsibility of elders to preach, teach, and have authority and oversight within the churches.
If you try to do away with all of Moses hand writing according to GODs law, YOU will be OKING men to be with men and women being with women. Child molesters and many other thing. only the ones that was against the gentiles was done away with, the rest still stand.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

1 TIMOTHY 2

The headings in red are NOT Scripture and are NOT to be taken as authoritative, directive, or even didactic. They are opinions ONLY.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Believers in Christ ate the church. Nonbelievers are not going to share the gospel with anyone so you’re outside the church emphasis is dead in the water.
ARE the church, not ate the church.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Repeating what Jesus-Yeshua teaches is not my claim, it is His. My satisfaction and that of all who believe Him is His teaching, not ours. We simply share it.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The headings in red are NOT Scripture and are NOT to be taken as authoritative, directive, or even didactic. They are opinions ONLY.
They are LEGITIMATE INTERPRETATIONS. Take them or leave them.

Christians are expected to interpret the Bible. And rightly divide the Word of Truth (which I have done).

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I think it would be a great help if people committed to search for the new topic they want to post in BDF. That way they avoid the, "done to death", thread repeat, like this one.
It isn't like we're at a loss for high drama and highly emotionally charged topics.
These types of threads are generally a high entertainment venue. The thing is, you have the same thread topic with the peeps keep saying the same things. I have yet to see someone actually change their mind either way.

Feb 29, 2020
The thing is, you have the same thread topic with the peeps keep saying the same things. I have yet to see someone actually change their mind either way.
And thou shalt speak my words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they are most rebellious. But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee (Ezekiel 2:7-8).

Some sheep need to hear the Master's voice.

He gives unto them eternal life.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
1 Corinthians 14:34, And 1 Timothy 2:11-The BIBLE TELLS the Man to Keep their women silent in the Churches for it is not permitted unto them to speak. The BIBLE is the WORD OF GOD, AND only the doers will be justified, not the hearers' When we step out of the BIBLE, AND do things OUR on way, it becomes sin, we haft to obey GODs WORD IF WE WANT TO BE SAVED. View attachment 213682
Actually, what was said was that Paul did not permit a woman to speak. It did not say that God does permit it. My perception is that Paul was offering his personal opinion of the role of women in teaching and holding positions of authority. He was speaking to a certain culture and the current traditions that existed at that time.

Obeying God's word does not save as no one is able to obey each and everyday in all situations and circumstances. The Gond News is that Jesus paid the price for our sins that we confess and the Holy Spirit will comfort and guide us in the life-long repentance process.

The bible did not tell men to keep their women silent in church but rather it was Paul saying it. Everything in the bible is accurately stated but not everything in the bible is a statement of truth. That is where wisdom and discernment come into play.

Mar 5, 2020
Women are as entitled and called to bring the good news Jesus died to deliver to the world as is any man claiming their calling.
For all those teachings that tell you that you are one body in the Lord, you think women are excluded from being one called to preach?
All those scriptures that tell you your sons and daughters will prophecy? Because the bible doesn't know the word, preach?
And you sure can't claim Paul forbid women to preach when two women, Priscilla and Aquila did a better job of making people understand the way of God more accurately than Paul.

Here's a question for the one's who think women can't bring the good news. Because of all those scriptures that prove you wrong that you ignore.
When you think a woman would never be appointed by God to deliver his message to the world, you're playing God. Your issues with women in that post of teacher, prophet, preacher, pastor, minister, oh, but they're OK to pastor Sunday school, right? , All your issues that say women can't teach the good news Jesus said makes you all one body in him is you all taking the place of God. You all are trying to say what God would not do as pertains to calling women. When he has already told you in his word that he has, does, and did.

You might want to worry about what God will have to say to you about contradicting him because of your personal issues with women.
God calls them, and you all who say, no way, when his word already tells you he calls them? I'd like to be the fly on the wall in heaven when you all have to answer for that one. On a wall, with great eyesight and a hella long way away so that I don't get singed by that bold of lightening he's going to send right up your.....for playing him and correcting his mistake with your prejudice.
Yes! I want to be there to see THAT!