Are WOMEN Pastors Biblical??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Once Again:
Qualifications For A Bishop Is To Be A Married "Man" That Rules His House Well, Read It Before Your Eyes, In Bold Red :giggle:

1 Timothy 3:1-5KJV
1 This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
You have been told already that the male nouns and pronouns do not exist in the Greek of this passage, with the sole exception of husband. You are arguing from a position of stubborn, willful ignorance, and you are wrong.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
But you said Phoebe was a "bishop", didn't you? If so, got any translation rendering it that way? I am well with that Phoebe was a deaconess. Other than that I have not heard.
Phoebe wasn't a deaconess, women don't meet the qualifications, simple

The liberal agenda today has women and practicing homosexuals at the pulpits.

Take a look at denominations that have moved in apostasy, on the two items above over the past 100 years, with homosexuality being the agenda item on denominational councils over the past 30 years, as the wolves in the liberal left wearing sheep's clothing, infiltrates the flock of God?

(Likewise) below meaning the same qualifications for Bishop/Pastor

1 Timothy 3:8-12KJV
8 Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.
11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
What do you say about this idea that Phoebe was a bishop? To me it's doodle. Never heard of such before.
Answered in post #1103 above

Women are to remain silent in the church, let alone being being a Bishop/Pastor/Deacon

1 Corinthians 14:34KJV

34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
first, thanks for the reply, second, ERROR, Paul was call to be a MINISTER, read Acts 26:16 "But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;" now, after God, the Lord Jesus taught him, then he was SENT as an apostle. see apostles are taught and then sent. now our sister Phebe was taught and then she was sent to Rome to feed the flock of God there.

PICJAG,
101G.
Women are to remain silent in the church, let alone being a Bishop/Pastor/Deacon

You aren't changing Gods words below, or my opinion of them, simple :)

1 Corinthians 14:33-35KJV
33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
You have been told already that the male nouns and pronouns do not exist in the Greek of this passage, with the sole exception of husband. You are arguing from a position of stubborn, willful ignorance, and you are wrong.
Your Looking Into A Mirror Of God's Truth :giggle:

Women are to remain silent in the church, let alone being a Bishop/Pastor/Deacon

33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

S

Scribe

... prolonging the agony of this wretched thread.
ROFL! I would have spewed my coffee if I had been drinking coffee when I read that. So true. You have excellent writing skills my sister. Much better than many men.

As much as I would like to start a new thread on the following passages of scripture it seems appropriate to continue it here where it might be applied to this subject of "who God chooses to use by His Spiritual gifts in the Body of Christ for the building up of the Body by the individual members."

I am currently studying chapter 12 in 1 Corinthians. And I noticed that Paul's main point is really that of building up the body of Christ and how each member no matter how seemingly despised are necessary for that purpose. The wise man would look for God's message to come to him from that member he least expected to hear it come from. That is just like God. But those that think they are beyond teaching from certain members, he will leave to their own arrogance and allow them to wallow in a cesspool of self conceit to their own destruction, while everyone gives them a wide berth to avoid the putrefying stench of their pharisaical religion.

1Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed. 2You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. 3Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

4There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

7Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, a and to still another the interpretation of tongues. b 11All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

Unity and Diversity in the Body

12Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13For we were all baptized by c one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.

15Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 17If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

21The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” 22On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

27Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. 28And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues. 29Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues d ? Do all interpret? 31Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.

And yet I will show you the most excellent way.[/QUOTE]

S

Scribe

It's a shame for you to speak in the church as well. If you have any questions ask your leaders later not in the middle of the church service. It's out of order.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
ROFL! I would have spewed my coffee if I had been drinking coffee when I read that. So true. You have excellent writing skills my sister. Much better than many men.

As much as I would like to start a new thread on the following passages of scripture it seems appropriate to continue it here where it might be applied to this subject of "who God chooses to use by His Spiritual gifts in the Body of Christ for the building up of the Body by the individual members."

I am currently studying chapter 12 in 1 Corinthians. And I noticed that Paul's main point is really that of building up the body of Christ and how each member no matter how seemingly despised are necessary for that purpose. The wise man would look for God's message to come to him from that member he least expected to hear it come from. That is just like God. But those that think they are beyond teaching from certain members, he will leave to their own arrogance and allow them to wallow in a cesspool of self conceit to their own destruction, while everyone gives them a wide berth to avoid the putrefying stench of their pharisaical religion.

1Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed. 2You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. 3Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

4There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

7Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, a and to still another the interpretation of tongues. b 11All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

Unity and Diversity in the Body

12Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13For we were all baptized by c one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.

15Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 17If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

21The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” 22On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

27Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. 28And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues. 29Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues d ? Do all interpret? 31Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.

And yet I will show you the most excellent way.
2 Timothy 4:3-4KJV
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Phoebe wasn't a deaconess, women don't meet the qualifications, simple
Again, your stubborn unwillingness to learn renders your assertion wrong.

Romans 16:1 I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a deacon (diakonon - singular) of the church in Cenchreae.

1 Timothy 3:8 In the same way, deacons (diakonous - plural) are to be worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain.

It's the same word. Phoebe was a deacon. Romans was written first. Deal with it.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
It's a shame for you to speak in the church as well. If you have any questions ask your leaders later not in the middle of the church service. It's out of order.
You mean ask my wife at home :giggle:

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Mar 23, 2021
I agree with the word of God a women is not to assert authority over the man I.e Her Husband. 2 A women according to the word of God should n to be a Leader of the body of fellowship. But a women can teach , pray and worship God and be used of God in the church setting under the pastor of the church. They can too minister to the the body as husband wife which is very prudent to do in this day and age.
Yes, a woman is surely allowed to do the most important thing for the Lord -- teach the children. :cool:

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Yes, a woman is surely allowed to do the most important thing for the Lord -- teach the children. :cool:
1 Timothy 5:14KJV
14 I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.

Tutus 2:1-5KJV
1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
2 That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

John146

Jan 13, 2016

Romans 16:1 I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a deacon (diakonon - singular) of the church in Cenchreae.

1 Timothy 3:8 In the same way, deacons (diakonous - plural) are to be worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain.

It's the same word. Phoebe was a deacon. Romans was written first. Deal with it.
And here...

1 Timothy 3:12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well

John146

Jan 13, 2016

It can be translated as servant as well when in the context of a church office. Servant is the correct usage.

S

Scribe

I agree with the word of God a women is not to assert authority over the man I.e Her Husband. 2 A women according to the word of God should n to be a Leader of the body of fellowship. But a women can teach , pray and worship God and be used of God in the church setting under the pastor of the church. They can too minister to the the body as husband wife which is very prudent to do in this day and age.
https://ag.org/About/Leadership Team/General Secretary

Donna Barret was a Pastor in Ohio for 15 years. She is now the Executive General Secretary of the Assemblies of God USA.

Part of her duties as general secretary, she stewards the credentialing process of ministers, oversees the chartering of churches, the collection of official statistics.

I am ok with this. She will be part of the committee that issues my License credentials and I am very excited to be part of a fellowship that recognizes the gifts and callings and accomplishments of women of God whom the Holy Spirit is using in these last days of outpouring. I would that all God's people were prophets and that He would pour His Spirit upon them all.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Answered in post #1103 above

Women are to remain silent in the church, let alone being being a Bishop/Pastor/Deacon

1 Corinthians 14:34KJV
See the feminists' movement...which is really been one of the main reasons for a county's downfall.

S

Scribe

It can be translated as servant as well when in the context of a church office. Servant is the correct usage.
All ministers are servants. None of them are to exercise their own authority. Servants are the path to God's authority in the kingdom of God. The more she demonstrated servanthood the more she would have been chosen by the body to serve as a leader. That's how it works.