As An "Older" Single, What Advice Would You Give to Younger Singles?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
men are attracted to fertility? women loose their attractiveness after 27?

but the odd woman might still attract a man at 37 or 47?

I noticed you are not married on your profile (I am married for going on 19 yrs now)

I guess if you feel that strongly about how a woman looks, when she hits say 45, you are free to divorce her and go and find another one younger and more suitable to your high standards

yuck
Those are called trophy wives.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Multiple people have already thoroughly refuted your rather egregious claims, so I am going to content myself with thoroughly expressing my disagreement.

Horse turds.
Balderdash.
What a crock.
What a load of tribble droppings.
It's getting deep in here.
You're way out in left field. Without a ball glove. And you're looking the wrong way. And if you were looking the right way the sun would be in your eyes.

In other words I strongly, emphatically, vehemently disagree with your theory.
And it is your right to disagree.. :) I can accept that..

7seasrekeyed

I am a Christian so for me if i marry it is for life.. I would never divorce my wife if she remained loyal to me and did not cheat on me..

So please do not speculate that i feel strongly about dumping a woman at 45 and getting another younger wife.. If you have a disagreement with what i say then deal with what i say.. Don't speculate or put positions onto me..

why would you say I am speculating when you made those comments about women should get married by the age of 27 because after that they fade...like old jeans but not as useful (forgive the last part...I like metaphors now and then)

I based my observations on what YOU wrote. I found what you wrote offensive and I am not the only one.

so? (shrugs)

what speculation?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
why would you say I am speculating when you made those comments about women should get married by the age of 27 because after that they fade...like old jeans but not as useful (forgive the last part...I like metaphors now and then)

I based my observations on what YOU wrote. I found what you wrote offensive and I am not the only one.

so? (shrugs)

what speculation?
Well i do not believe what i wrote was offensive at all.. I believe it was good advice for younger Christians who want to get married and have a family one day.. And it is a truth that cannot be denied.. When people grow older their attractiveness fades,, especally woman.. This is truth.. If you are offended by truth then there is nothing i can do.. I will certainly not apologise for stating what i believe to be the truth..

7seasrekeyed

Well i do not believe what i wrote was offensive at all.. I believe it was good advice for younger Christians who want to get married and have a family one day.. And it is a truth that cannot be denied.. When people grow older their attractiveness fades,, especally woman.. This is truth.. If you are offended by truth then there is nothing i can do.. I will certainly not apologise for stating what i believe to be the truth..
so then stick by what you said but understand that what you said is absolutely offensive to women and I know it would be offensive to my husband and it is offensive to other men here as well

I am not offended by truth

what you wrote is YOUR version of the truth

own up to it instead of making excuses. I mean, if you offer scripture and point out error in what others say and they can see that they are wrong, that is one thing. but saying you are a Christian, and I certainly believe you are, and then saying what you offer is truth because you are a Christian?

it's YOUR truth which is actually only YOUR opinion

I have plenty of opinions also. like the one I have about what you wrote

now again, maybe just try and convince someone else that you offer 'truth'

7seasrekeyed

for example, here is a post that is stronger in its objections than anything I wrote

from a man

is there a reason you don't quote your truth back to him?

kindly move on from me and thank you

Multiple people have already thoroughly refuted your rather egregious claims, so I am going to content myself with thoroughly expressing my disagreement.

Horse turds.
Balderdash.
What a crock.
What a load of tribble droppings.
It's getting deep in here.
You're way out in left field. Without a ball glove. And you're looking the wrong way. And if you were looking the right way the sun would be in your eyes.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I actually quoted Lynx's post and i had no problems with him disagreeing.. He did so in a definite way without turning it into a personal attack and questioning my integrity..

But yes i will gladly ""move on"" from you 7seasrekeyed..

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
“Attractiveness fades...”

This part right here.

I’m fully aware I don’t look like I did when I was 22. My skin is different. My weight has changed, etc etc etc. and yet, my husband fell in love with ME when I was 32.

Neither of us will look the same when we are in our 50s, 60s, 70s, but I know without a doubt I will always see him as attractive, and he will see me the same way. Maybe it’s because we fell in love with each other’s personality/character.

7seasrekeyed

I actually quoted Lynx's post and i had no problems with him disagreeing.. He did so in a definite way without turning it into a personal attack and questioning my integrity..

But yes i will gladly ""move on"" from you 7seasrekeyed..

you are hilarious, yuh know?

what Lynx said is far worse than what anyone else said

maybe you had a problem with me because ...gasp...I am female ?

touchy touchy touchy

7seasrekeyed

“Attractiveness fades...”

This part right here.

I’m fully aware I don’t look like I did when I was 22. My skin is different. My weight has changed, etc etc etc. and yet, my husband fell in love with ME when I was 32.

Neither of us will look the same when we are in our 50s, 60s, 70s, but I know without a doubt I will always see him as attractive, and he will see me the same way. Maybe it’s because we fell in love with each other’s personality/character.

love looks past those things...neither my husband nor I look like we did when we got married but I look in his eyes and I am still attracted to him and he has nothing but compliments for me

God's big complaint with the men of Israel, were that so many left the 'wife of their youth'

frankly, I find some men still have that attitude of women are 'less' somehow

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
you are hilarious, yuh know?

what Lynx said is far worse than what anyone else said

maybe you had a problem with me because ...gasp...I am female ?

touchy touchy touchy
I thought we agreed to move on..
You suggested we move on and i agreed..
So please no more replies to me in this thread..

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I think we should give you a chance to redeem yourself so let's rephrase the question: What advice would you give to single adults who are in the 38-48 age range (still younger than you, but not super young anymore)?

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I think we should give you a chance to redeem yourself so let's rephrase the question: What advice would you give to single adults who are in the 38-48 age range (still younger than you, but not super young anymore)?
No way. We should destroy him on social media like everyone else does these days.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
No way. We should destroy him on social media like everyone else does these days.
" Be conformed to the pattern of this world because certainly their ways are correct and only the arrogant would think they could behave better" 2 Opinions 3:79 :p

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
There's an old saying that goes something like, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

If you said "After women get older than 27, I think they are less attractive" that would have been incontrovertible. You would have been stating your opinion. I would disagree with your opinion, but it would still be your opinion.

The reason we have such a problem with your assertion, and object to it so strongly, is that you made it a blanket statement. You claim women are less attractive after they pass the 27 years of age mark.

The reason your claim is hogwash is because you have no idea what anybody else finds attractive unless they have given you a list - and I certainly haven't given you a list of what I find attractive, and I have no reason to. But I will tell you this: The things I find attractive don't lessen after the age of 27.

So let's recap: I'm not saying your opinion is wrong. I'm saying you are wrong to state your opinion as a global constant. You are speaking your opinion as a truth that applies to all men when they gauge a woman's attractiveness, which is pure baloney. Also poppycock. And it's a lot of blarney. (I'll stop now because I can't think of any other colloquialisms for "that is so wrong" that don't involve cussing.)