As singles what are the things we should know before getting married.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
What does it stand for?

Apr 15, 2017
To be leary of your spouse,and always watch your back,for people are not to be trusted today,but you do not want to be alone so you take the risk.

And know that you will be robbed of your peace,and lose your freedom,and be like a bird in a cage,and being bossed,and controlled,and belittled,in today's new attitude.

And to know that finances might be squandered by your spouse,as they think of themselves in a selfish manner,and might cheat on you,for there is sex everywhere,and nobody thinks anybody is special like they did years ago,as they have the attitude I am married to a run of the mill person,a dime a dozen,and nobody stands out as special,and do not treat each other as nice,for they hold back for people are more selfish,and arrogant,and think of themselves more than they do their spouse,so why put it all on the line to possibly be shut down in the future,because people break up,and divorce,at an alarming rate in America.

And the odds are against you that it will endure,for people get bored with their spouse easily,and so many available singles on the market that they can trade in their model easily,for a much more sleeker,and stylish machine,at first that is until they run in to the same pattern as a lot of marriages in America.

Too much selfishness today,too much sexual immorality,and immorality in general today,and too much bossing,and controlling,and wanting their own way today,too much distrust,and people basically care about themselves attitude today,too much people are bored with other people,and after a while get tired of hearing their mouth,and the same old personality,that seems to be like a robot attitude in America with them all acting basically the same,get all you can get,and think of yourself,and forget everybody else,as there is not a 50/50 marriage so much today.

But you do not want to be alone,so you take the risk,and put up with the garbage to get one tiny morsel of happiness out of the deal,where in time past it used to be a smorgasbord of delicacies to enjoy.

That is what you should know.

But I am partially kidding,partially.

M

msgg2u

Learn offer forgiveness .The past has passed..Tommorrow the Lord gives new mercy.

C

Chidiano

They must understand that marriage is always give and take, in other words it is what you give that you will receive.
Secondly, learn how to respect each other in love, correct each other in love.
Thirdly, learn how to love, care and be best friends that no body can divide. be very open to each other do not hide anything from each other.
Learn how to relate to others so that they will not be a hindrance to your happiness.
Lastly, don't allow the love for your children to replace your love for each other.
If they put these things into practice they will enjoy their marriage. God made it good, but men have sort for other inventions and this is the reason marriage became evil for some people. Jesus said they have hardened their heart that the word of God can no more enter into their heart.
God bless us as we follow Jesus Christ.

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
Advice? Here goes:
  • Do little, unexpected things for her/him every so often. Like flowers. Or going shopping with her. Or buying tickets to a ballgame with him. Or just paying a simple compliment to her/him.
  • Have date nights.
  • Share the household chores. And do her/his chores sometimes.
  • Keep separate checking accounts. It makes life easier.
  • Cultivate friendship with her parents, relatives and friends.
  • Keep the peace by giving in. (Even if you know you're right!)
  • Stay faithful. To God. And also to her/him.

As for me, I realize I'm not the perfect spouse. I try to do these things, but don't always succeed. So I keep trying. :)

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I think the being equally yolked saying is really important. If you’re a Christian and your spouse isn’t, it can be difficult. Not saying it’s impossible but could be a hard road.

It it takes two people to raise Children and run a house. Also make sure to make time just for you and your spouse, pray together, talk everyday. Communicate, communicate and communicate.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I think the being equally yolked saying is really important. If you’re a Christian and your spouse isn’t, it can be difficult. Not saying it’s impossible but could be a hard road.
That's the funniest mis-spelling I've read all week. :)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009

It it takes two people to raise Children and run a house. Also make sure to make time just for you and your spouse, pray together, talk everyday. Communicate, communicate and communicate.
That's the funniest mis-spelling I've read all week. :)
So all this time I've been hoping for the "right guy"... when maybe what I really need...

Is just another egg-head like me. :)

(Just as long as we don't mind having our yolks broken...)

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed. And don't anticipate marriage being a 50/50 proposition, in reality its giving 90% and getting 10%. “After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but is often true.” - Star Trek, Spock

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The singles want to learn things that will help them to sustain their future families, please give your advice.
1. Obey the Gospel and be saved by grace, then be baptized as a believer and fellowship with other Christians in a sound church.
2. Mature as a Christian as well as a person.
3. Seek out a Christian mate and determine exactly how that person was saved and whether he or she was baptized and made a commitment to serve God and live for Christ.
4. Assess that person's character and maturity in Christ.
5. Communicate each other's spiritual condition and standing before God frankly before marriage.
6. Neither spouse should have apron strings to their parents.
7. Marriage is honorable so get married in Christ.
8. Make a solemn commitment to maintain a Christian home where Christ comes first.
9. Make a commitment to have daily devotions and communicate with God.
10. Make a commitment to ensure that the question of divorce never comes up.
11. Make a commitment to have children and to bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
12. Acquire practical wisdom (both spouses) through Scripture, particularly from the Proverbs.
13. Make a commitment (both spouses) to never discuss their personal affairs with anyone.
14. Make a commitment to take all issues to God (not others) and leave them with Him.

A lot of singles try to avoid responsibility by avoiding marriage. But marriage is God-ordained, and the single state is only for a few. Marriage does mean responsibilities of many kinds, but that is what God expects from mature Christians.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
The woman is always right.

The faster you learn that, the happier your marriage will be. :)

J

joefizz

After marriage family may drop by from both sides at anytime!!!

J

joefizz

If you spend all your money on your wedding you may end up without money to live on after marriage!

G

Galatea

Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed. And don't anticipate marriage being a 50/50 proposition, in reality its giving 90% and getting 10%. “After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but is often true.” - Star Trek, Spock

Hope deferred makes the heart sick- the Bible. Wanting can be a sorrow, more than the having. I agree that marriage is not always 50/50. That would be silly, and kind of legalistic. Sometimes one will be giving 90 and the other only 10 and vice versa.

Plus, there are people who have been designed to give, and feel stymied without being able to give.