B
lol you are very very rich just look at most pays in china and other places like that where if they don't work then do NOT eat we are fithy rich so ask yourself this question now.
Maybe you don't understand the biblical use of the term?
2Co 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
Now if you can only understand the term in context of the world and in terms of greed...I suggest you need more spiritual insight.
Malachi chapter 3 hmmmmmmhmmmmmmm it does say something about money but that's just God's point of view......sorry....continue.
![]()
Now look here you doorknob. Why can't you understand what I'm trying to say?
I've explained it to you over and over so many times that I have lost count
What's that doorknob? You only turn one way?
Oh
Why didn't you just say so
For instance...I helped a poor couple out with some needs they had...the very next day my boss gave me a very large bonus ..out of the blue So I have only increased and now have even more to give..when and where God leads me to give.
This should be just very basic Christian logic...why this seems so far from some? Makes me wonder if some are not giving as God would desire of them?
As I said in my original post, I always wonder if Abraham spent his days handing out money to the poor, or starting his own charities... Did he and Sarah buy the best that money could buy? Or did they shop at what would be the equivalent of Walmart in those days so that they could save more money to give away?
And Abraham's son Isaac was so wealthy that the Bible says even the pagan Philistines envied him.
As I also said in my original post, whatever Abraham did with his money, he must have been doing something right, because God called him His friend.
I don't know of any passages in which God scolded him for not giving away enough of his wealth or using the majority of it to give to the poor, but I could be wrong.
I'm always curious as to why no one ever seems to mention some key figures from the Bible when talking about the rich vs. poor debate.
* I once heard in a sermon that in today's money, Abraham could have very well been a billionaire. (Gen. 13: 2 -- "Abraham had become very wealthy in livestock and silver and gold.") I often wonder what he did with his wealth. Did he set up charities? Give a certain percentage to the poor? Would Sarah and Abraham have shopped at Walmart to try to save money? Or would they have shopped at the very best stores and only bought the finest things money could buy? And would the good Christian people thoroughly condemn them for that? (From what I've seen... yes.)
Whatever Abraham did, God called him His friend (James 2:23), so he must have been doing something right. And, the Bible says it was GOD who had blessed him in every way, so Abraham's wealth was a direct result of God's choice and blessing.
* Isaac became so wealthy that even the Philistines envied him (Gen. 26:12.)
* Jacob was from a wealthy family and built his own wealth in the process of following God.
* David and Solomon were obviously not lacking in anything, especially since Solomon was building temples and palaces made of gold, silver, and precious jewels.
* In the New Testament, Lydia, a "dealer of purple cloth" (presumed, by some accounts, to be a lucrative business), invited Paul and his companions to stay at her house (Acts 16:14.)
God has a place for everyone in His kingdom and plans, whether rich and poor. Some are made either way by God's own will (the parable of the talents, etc., in which God illustrates that He knows what we can handle and blesses us accordingly, commanding us to be good stewards and to be content no matter what our situation is or what He decides.)
I've also known a lot of people who never set out to be rich, but, for example, lived through the Great Depression and saved everything they possibly could because they'd seen some very rough times. Sometimes, these people would up with a large sum not because they were focused on being rich, but careful, and simply chose to rarely spend money on anything they could do themselves or make do without.
This is just my own experience, but most often, the Christians I've met who speak against "the rich" (meaning, people who are richer than they are), are simply not content with what they have and, as a way to comfort themselves, condemn or speak against those who have more.
The ironic thing is, for as much as so many holler about the "evils of having money," if they had a chance to receive more money themselves, they certainly wouldn't think twice about accepting it, which further illustrates that it's not about the money, but rather, the condition of the heart.
Money simply brings out a person's true colors that were there all along.
First, we need some Bible verses to see the context of what is going on. Second, even if they were wealthy in the Old Testament, that is not the New Testament way. Things have changed under the New Covenant. New Testament believers do not sacrifice animals to a priest anymore. New Testament believers are to turn the other cheek instead of rendering an eye for an eye. New Testament believers can now eat unclean animals (Which is a violation of OT Law). Jesus was changing things. For the Scriptures say that the Law has changed (Hebrews 7:12); And Jesus said that where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Where is your treasure today? Is it in Heaven or is it here upon this Earth?
have you tried grammarly.comI hate this spell check, I am going to the putter this tablet is so hard to navigate.
I think people should try to avoid being stupid, boring and believing everyone should have an opinion just like they do
I believe God gave us brains to USE and far too many people are too lazy to think for themself
I believe it is NOT a sin to be rich
I believe it IS a sin to be envious of those who are rich
I believe that calling what one does not understand, cannot attain and therefore spits on, evil, is a sin in and of itself
I certainly do not mean this as pertains to the author of this op...I am only responding to the op

Not necessarily what it implies is that if your needs are ment financially you become numb to the fact you need a savior, no struggles, I call it Satan's morphine. Then again God chooses who will be wealthy and who not, some are good stewards.
who prays more a rich man or poor man? a rich man dont need the Lord, they got money! if you only had a few hours to live are you gonna spend those last hours thinking about all the money you made? i wouldnt
A lot of poor people aspire to become rich. In the process of becoming rich and gaining wealth, are you more prone to do evil things? If yes, does it mean you should try to avoid to be a very rich man? what are your opinions?
I included several Bible verses in my original post.
Lydia is obviously an NT example, as is Joseph of Arimathea, who had Jesus laid in his own tomb.
Matt. 27:57-60 --When it was evening, there came a rich man from Arimathea, named Joseph, who was also a disciple of Jesus. He went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus; then Pilate ordered it to be given to him. So Joseph took the body and wrapped it in a clean linen cloth and laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn in the rock.
There were obviously two people in the NT, not just the OT, who chose to use their wealth for good purpose.