Blaspheme of the Holy Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is Joe guilty of blaspheme?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • It's not clear

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • It doesn't apply

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

TooFastTurtle

Apr 10, 2019
Hmmm... So if we call Hinn, Bentley, Browne, Hagin etc... blasphemers, that makes us blasphemers, but you calling Macarthur a blasphemer is just fine and dandy? Macadam meet tire!
I got no problem calling out Hinn, Bentley, Hagin and the rest of the people.

Lets try to reason our way through this:

People are faking speaking in tongues(and other gifts) and/or its being done by hindus somewhere, that is why ALL gifts and tongues are no good.

You see how unreasonable that is? The fact that there are FAKERS does not mean there are no REAL ONES.

There is fake dollar bills, are we to conclude there are no real dollar bills around? Its all just fake.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Oh the irony Penn Ed, baffles the mind:eek:

Thinking back how people would swarm when a member posted a devotional by Joseph Prince or Paul Ellis.
Yet the antics in that video are acceptable.
Apparently the function of the Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth and to test the spirits is available on an "on call" basis only.
The big difference is followers of JP quickly jump into abusing general posters who do not
agree with their theology. I have never had this experience being someone who questions the excesses
of the charismatic movement. The charismatics regard themselves as believers open to the Holy Spirit,
not as a fundamentally different group from the church as a whole, and desire to bring the wind of the Spirit
into believers experience rather than tear them down and stamp them out.

So there is little irony here, just a different approach to the Holy Spirit with an orthodox theology.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

People are faking speaking in tongues(and other gifts) and/or its being done by hindus somewhere, that is why ALL gifts and tongues are no good.

You see how unreasonable that is? The fact that there are FAKERS does not mean there are no REAL ONES.

There is fake dollar bills, are we to conclude there are no real dollar bills around? Its all just fake.
Slow down there Turtle!

Just because I may post a quote or say something about a particular Pastor doesn't mean I agree on everything with that Pastor.

You will not be able to find a post of mine where I claim gifts are inactive or no good.

The problem is, VERY few who believe in tongues and gifts call out the fakes. And I'm not so sure they are all fake. Some of those guys are operating with a spirit not from the Lord.

But I haven't said ALL tongues or gifts are fake.

U

UnderGrace

Okay.......Mr. Turtle what is the real one and how does one discern it?

U

UnderGrace

Slow down there Turtle!

Just because I may post a quote or say something about a particular Pastor doesn't mean I agree on everything with that Pastor.

You will not be able to find a post of mine where I claim gifts are inactive or no good.

The problem is, VERY few who believe in tongues and gifts call out the fakes. And I'm not so sure they are all fake. Some of those guys are operating with a spirit not from the Lord.

PennEd, given the parameters of scripture would you agree that it is an earthly language?

E

eternally-gratefull

Slow down there Turtle!

Amen bro

Thats the problem.

You call out a fake. And they take is as an attack, Instead of agreeing, and say yes, People like that give us a bad name

Instead, they attack us.. .

U

UnderGrace

Amen bro

Thats the problem.

You call out a fake. And they take is as an attack, Instead of agreeing, and say yes, People like that give us a bad name

Instead, they attack us.. .
I would think it is difficult to know the fake from the real when it comes to speaking in languages, probably nearly impossible unless there was someone in the audience who knew all 7097 different languages.

Interesting if one stops speaking in "glossolalia" it must not have been the real thing.

So much irrational thing around this whole topic.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Interesting connection.

Todd Bentley and his excesses were regarded as just errors of an man of God who can be restored.
Sounds very similar to the free grace group who hold sin is commited all the time but God has
forgiven it all, so no worries, it is evil to point out these sins as this creates condemnation.

It is why I used to think the free grace group were linked to Todd etc group but obviously not. :cool:

TooFastTurtle

Apr 10, 2019
Okay.......Mr. Turtle what is the real one and how does one discern it?
You discern all the gifts by the same meter. Its the person behind it

If its all about tithing tithing and more tithing and private jets and worldliness and carnality, you know you're dealing with a devil masquerading as a servant of righteousness.

If its about glorifying Christ and obedience to Him and if the man is obedient to the Lord thats how you know this man is used by God.

E

eternally-gratefull

I would think it is difficult to know the fake from the real when it comes to speaking in languages, probably nearly impossible unless there was someone in the audience who knew all 7097 different languages.

Interesting if one stops speaking in "glossolalia" it must not have been the real thing.

So much irrational thing around this whole topic.
Well if there is no interpreter then you already have issues in the first place

TooFastTurtle

Apr 10, 2019
Slow down there Turtle!

I am sorry for misreading you. That was a mistake in judgment on my part.

Im trying to slow down but I can't! IM TOO FAST!

U

UnderGrace

You discern all the gifts by the same meter. Its the person behind it

If its all about tithing tithing and more tithing and private jets and worldliness and carnality, you know you're dealing with a devil masquerading as a servant of righteousness.

If its about glorifying Christ and obedience to Him and if the man is obedient to the Lord thats how you know this man is used by God.
Discernment is not most people's strong suit unfortunately, if it was I am sure Christianity would be in much better shape.

Most people are driven by their emotions and fulfilling their personal needs and the false teachers have a way of manipulating people so that they read scripture through an experiential modern day filter. Sad really.

7seasrekeyed

Yes. Repeating the same point time and time again does not add to a discussion when
the audience know this point of view. Exploring it in different ways certainly helps.

But if ones mind is stuck, what else can one do. I remember one forum member could
only repeat scripture to express an idea, because it had not grown further in their mind.

this is what I have said but instead I get invited to an argument

7seasrekeyed

that's far too logical

who do you think you are

fighting is far more profitable; not to mention spinning what others posters say, ignoring their attempts to reason and getting angry instead while insisting you are not and then shove a video in front of them and tell them that is what they believe

when they repeatedly say they do not agree with the goings on in the video either, simply post things that have nothing to do with what they said. things that illustrate you have no intention of doing anything but arguing about the inane video and bringing it up every chance you get

now then. isn't that far more reasonable?

7seasrekeyed

Interesting connection.

Todd Bentley and his excesses were regarded as just errors of an man of God who can be restored.
Sounds very similar to the free grace group who hold sin is commited all the time but God has
forgiven it all, so no worries, it is evil to point out these sins as this creates condemnation.

It is why I used to think the free grace group were linked to Todd etc group but obviously not. :cool:
the only way to understand the entire Bentley fiasco is to go back and study the Kansas City Prophets and what came out of that/...IHOP and the whole 9 yards

and I don't care what anyone says. those tats do not belong on a man or woman of God

that angel thing should have been all the info anyone needed

and as far as Hinn goes, the Holy Spirit is not his personal property

every read 'Good Morning Holy Spirit' written by Hinn? nonsense...possibly began in truth but ended in error

7seasrekeyed

anyway, the op has signed off it seems or perhaps also become bored with the non actual responses

y'all enjoy it.

Feb 28, 2016
or perhaps they did the job that they were hired to do and got the reactions that added-to the equalizer...

take care B's & S's -
JOHN 14:26.
But The Comforter, which is The Holy Ghost, Whom The Father will send in My Name, He shall teach you all things,
and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
It probably is prety important, at least to some,

But is the op right, that all who do this have been cursed forever with no hopes of repentance?
Well it's a tricky question. The enemy can accuse you of things and this one is scary if you let your imagination run away with it. My advice is to discern whether it is accusation/condemnation of the enemy OR conviction of the Spirit.

I thought a good bit about it and my own personal journey with this particular issue it's hard to know what translates to other people. I do feel like it's a wound on your relationship to the Lord that scars. Scars fade though. We do know that eternal scars are possible based off Jesus showing his. Anyway, I'll think on it more.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
So we take a Scripture about Jesus gathering little children in his arms and blessing them and we somehow make that mean God hugs us? I like hugs. I'm sure you like hugs. The issue isn't God loving us. That is not a subject of debate. You may have had the experience of being hugged. I am not going to debate your experience. I'm simply saying it doesn't appear in Scripture. Experiences are subjective. The Bible is objective. Aside from the Scripture what do we use to gauge whether an experience is from God? Do we gauge it by the amount of goose bumps we feel? Do we gauge the experience by the warmth we feel? What is the standard to judge the experience if not Scripture? As an old preacher said, 'if it aint in that blessed book. I aint buying it.'
Well while I agree with you, brother, 100% with regards to scripture. I do say that if it is good, lovely and pure, praise worthy, giving us the fruits, love, joy, peace, self control and such, can we say that it is from God? After all, every good gift is from Him, right? With that said, yes, following warm fuzzy feelings can be dangerous, and definitely not always God given, especially with hormonal women, lol. But I do think the fruits of the spirit are emotionally based, at least the symptoms of them are, like peace and joy. This probably has little to do with your point but has me pondering. Hmmmmm.

R

rubberball

Thank you for your response. We must remember the things you speak of are the fruit of the Spirit, not our fruit. These things are evidence of His presence in our lives. (Gal. 5) Warm feelings or goosebumps are not the fruit of the Spirit.