Just trying to get some clarification as to what she meant by this statement...
I think it was a joke by her from what I said in post #194
GBU
Just trying to get some clarification as to what she meant by this statement...
I am not talking about “saving” yourself, just our humble responsibility as God requires.
I did not say that you said Christians have no responsibility.
It is the tone of your comments and the lack of knowledge to do anything else that you expressed that makes me think you have been deceived and not taught real truth. There is much more false teaching out there than truth, and many people are deceived because of that, and not just new Christians. Your comment, “I do not understand this. I only understand love” is another giveaway. Real love is NOT what the world considers it. Real love teaches, strives to learn, and has an attitude of humility, which is very short supply these days, even in cc.
One more thing you will find beneficial, is to not jump to conclusions that others are condemning or finding fault with you, and not putting words in their mouth they did not say, or accuse your elders of sin the way you did in the above post to me. IF you think you have been wronged, there is a scriptural way to go about handling it, according to Matthew 18.
Ya right LOL
Arguing among the Christian ranks are not of God in any way. We denounce the Pharisees and we do the same as they did, asking leading questions for self justification.
So, who is not sincere? If it is a personal discussion or agreement between a few posters here, is it not better to be open in your discussion?
Who is asking leading questions? Questions I ask are asked in the hope of an answer.
One question: do you think you could ever be in error?
Another question: If someone disagrees with you, is it arguing and "not of God in any way"?
Final question: do you ever break any of the commandments?
Sooooooo, how long you been a member here? You sound awfully familiar. Sure we haven't met somewhere before? Just askin....final question. do you ever break the commandments?![]()
Four days.
I do not know who you are.
Yes, I break the commandments.
Let's be real. Why so defensive?
I think it was a joke by her from what I said in post #194
GBU
So, who is not sincere? If it is a personal discussion or agreement between a few posters here, is it not better to be open in your discussion?
Who is asking leading questions? Questions I ask are asked in the hope of an answer.
One question: do you think you could ever be in error?
Another question: If someone disagrees with you, is it arguing and "not of God in any way"?
Final question: do you ever break any of the commandments?
Sooooooo, how long you been a member here? You sound awfully familiar. Sure we haven't met somewhere before? Just askin....final question. do you ever break the commandments?![]()
Four days.
I do not know who you are.
Yes, I break the commandments.
If you don't know I ain't gunna tel ya. LOL just kidding
On a more serious note. I spoke of experiences both Karraster and I have had before you came into our lives.
Are you offended by Karrasters conversation with me?
We all error in our actions, but some error in judgement because of not wanting to learn, and that's the difference.
Study to show yourself. Arguing is not scriptural.
Yes I break the commandments with my carnal attitude sometimes, and that causes me great chagrin.
Now it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that your questions are leading because we all know that answers, including you. And we all know why you have asked them.
If she was to ask you the same question whether you break any of the commandments, what would you answer and what do you do when you break any of the commandments? It shouldn't be difficult for you or 'just-me to answer, especially if you believe in keeping the commandments. I would like to hear your answer, you up for it?
Does breaking the ten words of God cause you to want to repent, or do you not know what those commandments are? I'll give you some of the instructions from the law. Tell me what you think.
Leviticus 19:11-18 (KJV)
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumblingblock before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the LORD.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.
Deuteronomy 6:1-9 (KJV)
[SUP]1 [/SUP]Now these are the commandments, the statutes, and the judgments, which the LORD your God commanded to teach you, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go to possess it:
[SUP]2 [/SUP]That thou mightest fear the LORD thy God, to keep all his statutes and his commandments, which I command thee, thou, and thy son, and thy son's son, all the days of thy life; and that thy days may be prolonged.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]Hear therefore, O Israel, and observe to do it; that it may be well with thee, and that ye may increase mightily, as the LORD God of thy fathers hath promised thee, in the land that floweth with milk and honey.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
[SUP]5 [/SUP]And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
[SUP]7 [/SUP]And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.
I think Jesus said these are important. We know how to love via the instructions given. What do ya think of these laws?
Questions that are asked to learn with a sincere heart are easy to detect. Usually questions that are asked like "do you sin?" are really unwarranted. Do Christians really think that there are other Christians that think they are perfect just because we endorse certain scriptures? I gave straight answers in post # 210
Why are you so condescending?
Of course I know the Commandments. And yes I repent and confess my sins.
Would it be considered insincere and leading for me to ask you if you break the Law and desire to repent?
I know about Love from the Gospel. I will not insult you by posting it, asking if you are familiar with it.