Bullying why?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

UnderGrace

I'd happily give him the benefit of the doubt, but I've read dozens of his posts. Sadly, the mechanics of written English have thus far eluded him.
Well all I can say is that written expression skills vary significantly in the population and while I know you have have been taught well as you stated once, not everyone has had that benefit and for some written expression..... going from brain to the pen can be difficult.;)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I had thought of something similar happening in cases of abortions. Firstly the prospective mother doesnt want to admit she did somethign wrong by doing something that would allow pregnancy, then she tries to cover it up by killing the baby inside of her. Or she might listen to the prospective father, who tells her to kill the baby cos hes afraid of the consequences of his actions, knowing it will displease someone else.

Of course God knows about this. Thing is these people dont know He a way to redeem us even when we make these mistakes. But the thing is we first need to swallow our pride and admit we did something wrong. Not kill our brothers or babies thinking that will solve it.

Like abel, those unborn babies blood is crying out from the ground.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Some people dont think of mothers as bullies but they can be to their own flesh and blood, and even murderous. And because babies are small and weak, and innocent they cannot even defend themselves.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I would not call Saul of Tarsus a bully. He sought to execute apostate Jews. He oversaw the martyrdom of those apostate Jews who turned toward the Messiah Christ and dedicated their lives to The Way teachings, later referred to as Christianity. Saul of Tarsus held the cloak of Saint Apostle Stephen while Stephen was stoned to death before him.
That's not a bully. That's a zealot murderer and 1st-century Hellenized Pharisee Jew seeking to destroy early converts to Christ.

We should pray for our enemies. However, in my view we should never stand docile while they think to assault us physically. I am a temple of the Holy Spirit. I would never tolerate someone painting graffiti on the church while I stood there. And I certainly do not believe I am to stand and allow a physical assault to proceed without exercising my God given right of self defense.
Sometimes prayer works for the bully to find God. After they're made to answer for their cowardly actions they may just seek God to help them through and change their heart. That prayer in concert with our own could help them to find their way out of the darkness they are currently in. While , in my view, permitting them to continue their behavior without being stopped in some way encourages the dysfunctional behavior that is a symptom of that bully's thought that their victim deserves to be harmed.

2011 I deserved being body-slammed by Casey Heynes, says schoolyard bully

Feb 28, 2016
why GO Back??? just accept what is going 'right now'...

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I had a boy confess to me he was bullying another boy in school who reacted violently to him and now he was afraid to go to class. He complained that others were bullying him, so he wanted to bully back.

I told him that wasnt a good idea. Im glad hes learning that its wrong and not to bully others. Ive seen him tease a girl and keep saying shes a boy, while shes cried. Ive also seen him start play fights not realising that for others smaller than him, they can get hurt. Ive prayed to put a stop to that. Just cos you are older doesnt give you the right to pick on someone younger.

Teasing is bullying. Basically its picking a fight with someone in hope they will fight back, because bullies ENJOY fighting. Perverse, but thats what they want a reaction.

The other thing about it is picking on someone weaker than you to demonstrate you are in control.
Saul was a bully

jesus would ask him why do you persecute me? He was picking on christians and harming them. So why if Jesus said he was persectuing him would anyone think Saul wasnt doing anything wrong. Jesus himself said so!

Unless you dont believe what Jesus says, if so, then I am sorry for you.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Whats hapoenin right now is bullies in parliament. Two MPs have resigned over sexual harassment allegations. Also national sports organisations are pleading with parents to STOP BULLYING their children, cos they are dropping out of sport once they reach high school. The level of abuse is horrific.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Coming back to this thread...

I recall a slang phrase that some people would call churches 'bully pulpits' now I wonder how they got that name. So churches are not immune either.

But apparently theodore roosevelts used theword 'bully' to mean great or superb. I have never heard the word bully to mean something good before. Or maybe its an american thing.
My Mom is definitely not American, and uses the word "bully" in this sense, but with sarcasm. She'll say, "Well, bully for you!" meaning, "That's nice for you, but I'm not complimenting you for it."

Culture plays a big role in how words are used. I suspect that the origin of this particular use has no connection to the abuse of power.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Whats hapoenin right now is bullies in parliament. Two MPs have resigned over sexual harassment allegations. Also national sports organisations are pleading with parents to STOP BULLYING their children, cos they are dropping out of sport once they reach high school. The level of abuse is horrific.
I agree... though I have an opinion on the secondary causes of bullying (the primary cause being sin, of course). What are your thoughts on that, and what would you propose to diminish the incidence of bullying?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The intersting thing was the boy was blind to his bullying behaviours until he saw what the cnsequences of them would be.

Often we could ask the same question that Jesus asked, if someone is bullying us.

I remember one time in high school, we had a really mean teacher. Going to english class we would all suffer as she made the whole experience miserable. One time, I spoke up and asked her WHY are you so mean?

It turned out she was divorced, she had two husbands, wasnt happy and was taking it out on us.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
ha found my old thread

I had one older girl today who was being very bullying to the younger children in the library. she was calling them names, arguing with them, threatening and acting like she was the big boss. everything they did seemed to irritate her.

I had to take her outside and sit with her and ask her why she was acting this way. it turns out that shes having issues with her mum, and shes going to change schools next year.

her mum it seems is a lesbian (she said her mum is like the husband) or maybe solo.

I said to her it was only today that the lunchtimes are mixed which is why the juniors are in the library. she was being incredibly hard on them but they are only little. I wondered if she treats her own little brother this way. actually I was quite upset and she saw my tears and apologised for her behaviour.
I said I will make some time with her tomorrow so she can use the library without the juniors around.

I think its interesting that shes citing her parents as the cause of her bullying behaviour because thats exaxtly what happened with another year 6 kid last year. His parents were split and he was going theough issues.
a lot of children just act how their parents act as thats what they see. So if their parents yell and threaten and give them hidings thats what they will copy to maintain control.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Jesus wasn't bullied. He told the pharisees off often, he also took a whip into the temple and drove people out.
Being meek don't mean being a door mat. It means having yourself under control.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
ha found my old thread

I had one older girl today who was being very bullying to the younger children in the library. she was calling them names, arguing with them, threatening and acting like she was the big boss. everything they did seemed to irritate her.

I had to take her outside and sit with her and ask her why she was acting this way. it turns out that shes having issues with her mum, and shes going to change schools next year.

her mum it seems is a lesbian (she said her mum is like the husband) or maybe solo.

I said to her it was only today that the lunchtimes are mixed which is why the juniors are in the library. she was being incredibly hard on them but they are only little. I wondered if she treats her own little brother this way. actually I was quite upset and she saw my tears and apologised for her behaviour.
I said I will make some time with her tomorrow so she can use the library without the juniors around.

I think its interesting that shes citing her parents as the cause of her bullying behaviour because thats exaxtly what happened with another year 6 kid last year. His parents were split and he was going theough issues.
a lot of children just act how their parents act as thats what they see. So if their parents yell and threaten and give them hidings thats what they will copy to maintain control.
Kids will either imitate their parents or do a 180 and do exactly the opposite.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Im very dismayed that some christians think to deal with bullies they need to fight back.
Me too. Do they think their Father is not big enough to take care of them as He sees fit?

Romans
12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Any one can turn into a bully in any given situation. I watched an entire youth group mob up against a kid at camp. Their group leader leading the mob. Good thing I was there to stop them.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Me too. Do they think their Father is not big enough to take care of them as He sees fit?

Romans
12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
None of these apply to self defense.