??? you're not serious are you??? just in case someone hasn't given it to you yet because I honor any request for scripture:
John 14:26
But the
Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will
send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 16:7
Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the
Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will
send Him to you.
PS. Abiding I love Rich Mullins songs. His was the first one I ever memorized as a baby Christian.
Rich Mullins Loved God more than man. He was not married when he died. He preached a Holy Spirit embedded Salvation. He is, without question, eternally earth-living engraved on my mind....
I was driving down the road, age 27 (you were 14 when you heard this next part about to be said, Anariel), having consumed his music that year, from 'Sing your praise to the Lord,' (wrote Amy Grant's mega hit) to 'Our God Is An Awesome God,' to 'Hold Me, Jesus,' ('You've been my King of glory, be my prince of peace) to the one song about to be said after this radio story that's ....
"My friends, we have great, sad news tonight. Christian singer and songwriter, Rich Mullins, who made 9 albums, had numerous hits,was driving his car on a Illinois backroad when he lost control of his car and crashed and was fatally hurt."
Now, this thread is too powerful now to say much more on this but my favorite song of His has everything to do with the greatest promise God gave us, and, miraculous how God works, but I was this close from starting a new thread, 'What was God's greatest promise to us while He was on earth?'
LOL. The answer is from Anariel, above.....Him. Christ peeps, it's not all this precious talk of grace forevermore , it's Him. It's not that God will be faithful when we're not, wait for us to prodigally come home (from a 'denial of the Holy Spirit' lifestyle that that dad certainly told/imbued on his son's heart) . It's not the best promise that the guy who does dead works will be saved, even as thru fire. It's not that the antichrists going out with followers of Christ but denouncing Christ the moment they had to say the Truth, and, 'were never of us,' John states in 1 John 2:19. It's not, it's NOT , it's NOT the GREATEST, MOST BLESSED PROMISE from Him, for this promise is with power that....
....more than metes the eye. It's promise of the SEAL of eternal life for all the wickedness having been committed. Redeemed ! It's a promise of how one can have right understanding with God , it is the promise of continued one having a 'right standing with God.' Righteousness ! It's one where the believer begins to read the Word in a whole different way of understanding. Enlightenment ! It's one of so great meaning, that putting His promise of power into proper words is easy with Him, not possible without Him. Impossible !
Oh, Christ peeps, the promise by Jesus once He left of giving Himself unto us, to counsel us, to be an advocate for us, to enlighten us to 'Word' knowing, to empower us to produce fruit, ah, YES! , this IS the greatest promise ever given mankind.
The promise of Him, and, now, I use the easy words of Anariel to lighten your day, and, also, tell abidingx that the HOLY SPIRIT, His sweetness taste was experienced 40 years ago, He convictedly crumbled you, showing you Love, His great Love, showing you mercy, His great mercy shewed, and, grace, oh, the precious grace that is NOT a promise but AN ACT by God, starting with His Son's sacrifice wiping out your sins , your death, and, giving you the promise of being with Him forevermore....
Being forevermore with Him in Heaven, green, right? Yeah, yeah. I can live a dead life and still go, yeah, yeah, right, 1 Cor. 3:15, the bible tells me so , right, green. It is as you say. But I want you go through life forevermore with My promise of the Holy Spirit forevermore leading your life on.......
.......earth. Him, you, earth, Christ peeps, oh, My Christ peeps, follow Me all of your days, I have given you a a person for such a greatest purpose as this, sheep of Mine. Be thy Mine, follow His leading, My sons and daughters of Me, of Mine
Click on this link, fellow Christ peeps of His, and, just promise me you will listen until the last bit of words, make this, if the whole doctrine of Christ seems to difficult to fully believe in, your creed, your 'Him.'
Rich Mullins - Step By Step - YouTube