Christian Dating

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Name of thread shoud be changed to christian mating or christian reproduction.

I mean really. Why be so coy about it. If you want children why dont you just say so. You not really interested in the other person, you just want someone who can do the job of childbearing.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

I mean really. Why be so coy about it. If you want children why dont you just say so. You not really interested in the other person, you just want someone who can do the job of childbearing.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
the dating websites are basically advertising, selling yourself online. Some people have no qualms about that since they see themselves as a brand.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
pick me! pick me!

lol. I know, it happens for young girls from 5 and up they get a lot of attention from the boys even at that age.

Some girls like all the attention, but actually many find it annoying. Especially at school. I have to tell the boys stop running around chasing after the girls. They dont like you doing that. Wait till your older.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
For me it was fine but i think it really has moreso to do with perspectives, imaginations and what you're open to recieve and respond to. It also doesn't hurt to learn to be yourself unapologetically around other people instead of just putting on a show for approval like most do.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

If that's what you really believe, that is very sad.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Dating in general, including online dating, is very competitive because men generally look for women within a certain age range (but has to meet other criteria as well, such as attractiveness, wife-material, can bring in an income, etc.), and women generally look for the "top" tier of guys based on status/looks. This is based on dating research data.

Recently an Uber driver (mid-30s) was telling me he dislikes women treating 40 as the new 20, because that doesn't work with the biological clock. He was saying men who want children have limited options nowadays as a result. He (and also a guy friend I know) want educated women who will bring in an income. I think that is the problem, guys want youth, looks, AND education, and income potential. Education/income is more of a criteria now for educated maybe all guys (before I don't think it mattered). This particular Uber driver was Indian. He was saying some of his friends are looking into marrying women from Colombia or India, but he personally isn't interested in that because marrying that way brings a different set of problems.

Bottom line is, both men and women, Christians included, are looking for someone who meets all their checkboxes, so this makes things complicated. I definitely had more attention online when I was younger, I have way less views on my profile now because I am over the age range guys seek.
Yes, trust me when I say that BOTH sexes do this on dating sites. Women -- including Christian women -- generally want tall men, so that when they wear heels, they won't feel stupid standing next to them. This is a Christian dating priority, and at 5'6", I don't meet the muster either, sister.

Those sites I think are seen as make-to-order-mate stores, and when no product meets all of your specs, you continue shopping elsewhere.

Probably the best way is to meet someone in real life. Or, maybe, in a chat site. I say the latter because a person gets to talk to you before ever seeing you. They get a feel for who you are and what you're about. I once had a GORGEOUS, exotic, Latin lady take a rather strong interest in me on my personality alone through one such site. Unfortunately, she was not a Christian.

Real life has never given me a date. It's given me one female friend. Chat sites have performed only slightly better, but that is still a whole lot better than dating sites, on which I am batting almost .000.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

In my case, my wife and I were beyond the need to have additional children as we each already had an adult daughter. Christian mating, maybe.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I'm trending towards McNuggets.
mcdonalds is emergency fast food because its open when everything else is shut. I only have mcdonalds when I forget to have proper meals.

At church, they need to have a proper buffet lunch. By proper I mean loaves AND fishes.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
the dating websites are basically advertising, selling yourself online. Some people have no qualms about that since they see themselves as a brand.
Or at least a commodity.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Or at least a commodity.
There were often times when I felt like a piece of livestock at the county fair who was trying to auction myself off. :ROFL:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
There were often times when I felt like a piece of livestock at the county fair who was trying to auction myself off. :ROFL:
Well, it is a meat market .:giggle::censored::giggle:
It's a tough market for all of us heifers who are trying to market ourselves to those who only have eyes for a unicorn. :ROFL:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It's a tough market for all of us heifers who are trying to market ourselves to those who only have eyes for a unicorn. :ROFL:
Well, a heifer is a young cow. So right there, mmmm, problem.
Perhaps try a different animal, though you could stipulate, "No bull."

And, weasels need not apply. :LOL:

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Well, a heifer is a young cow. So right there, mmmm, problem.
Perhaps try a different animal, though you could stipulate, "No bull."

And, weasels need not apply.:LOL:
Exactly... sometimes you need to steer the market. ;)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Y'all have fun with that. This kitty is going to take a nap in a tree. All that mess sounds like waaaaay too much stress. :p