creationist debate?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Great Christian spirit....I have been a preacher 35 years but I am a Jack.... NICE. All because I call out what anyone can see is not factual.
You may have been a preacher for 35 years, but your attitude towards those with whom you disagree is as worldly as they come. I'm just calling it as I see it. Since you disagree so vigorously, feel free to put me on Ignore and spare yourself the trauma of dissenting viewpoints.

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
No all that's a more modern lie. God made the earth and the seas, and the plants, and the evening and the morning, the third day. The next day he made the Sun and the Moon and the Stars, and the evening and the morning, the forth day.

Since I all ready show you day 3, it is the same advice as before, very simply, you just need to keep reading. Here is day 4.

Genesis 1:14-19
14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
SURE.............Geeeze

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
And the post you quoted of mine, is me being serious why we just cannot hop into some space shuttle and fly all over the Universe because its vast expansion is proving the theory of the Universe being almost 14 Billion years old. Distance in Space is measured several ways, but generally it's based upon light years, or how long an object's light takes to travel for us to be able to observe it. This alone proves this Universe could never be as young as 6,000 years when something we view at night literally takes billions of years to reach us.
Well, we agree, the Universe is 13.7 billion years old....what can I say.

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
You may have been a preacher for 35 years, but your attitude towards those with whom you disagree is as worldly as they come. I'm just calling it as I see it. Since you disagree so vigorously, feel free to put me on Ignore and spare yourself the trauma of dissenting viewpoints.
No sir, my job is to call out untruths, I could care less about FEELINGS Sir. If your feelings are hurt by truths come on man, put your big boy pants on in the arena of ideas, but I will never call you names like that, it is unchristian to do so. But to challenge ideas I think are in error {I Know are in error} that shouldn't be enough to get you angry enough to call names brother.

Its not even real to me that people think like that, what can I say. And it doesn't matter to people that the Old Earth and the Big Bang actually PROVES God, that goes right over your heads, because OUR IDEAS seem more important, for some reason. I know this because after 25 years God CHASTIZED me for the same thing !! I asked, why if I am called to Eschatology Lord are there 100's of interpretations of the Harlot, Babylon, The Beast etc. etc. and the Holy Spirit called me out, with others "Because you guys already know it all Ron" was what I got.

So, the Holy Spirit convicts me, we already know it all means I was too HARD HEADED to listen to God, that is why there are 100's of interpretations. God can't get through to us. So I learned to LISTEN BETTER. Stop hearing men, which avails nothing much, unless they are in tune with God of course.

I am not the one that got all offended enough to call you a name. I called you out for being unchristian like in that manner. No use calling those kinds of names brother, you git angry because I called it out as nonsensical I guess. If that offended you I apologize.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I could care less about FEELINGS Sir.
The phrase is, "I could not care less."

Its not even real to me that people think like that, what can I say. And it doesn't matter to people that the Old Earth and the Big Bang actually PROVES God
The Big Bang fantasy is both atheistic and unscientific; it directly contravenes the most basic and well-established scientific law, the first of thermodynamics. There is no mechanism in the BBT that allows for the first stars (without violating a bunch of other scientific laws), and all else fails after that. "Old earth" ideas are steeped in antitheistic "science" (so called) established by avowed atheists who specifically sought to exclude God from the equation.

The BBT is like a bad science fiction novel that starts by expecting the reader to accept one miracle, but then piles another and another on top while denying that miracles are possible. Creatio ex nihilo, not 'matter invented itself'.

Apr 5, 2020
In case some are not aware, the term "Big Bang" came from a preacher and a Catholic Priest when they said God spoke and it was the same as a "Big Bang!"

And to further that thought, the foundation of Science itself was built upon those who BELIEVE in God and they used Science to prove the very existence of God.

Yes, a few Atheists have used Science as a tool to prove God never existed, but that has been a more recent event within the past 300 years.

And, the Pew Research, which is a survey not only supported and backed by Scientists, but current Scientists are on the panel doing the questioning. And they discovered that TODAY, the Majority of Scientists, DO in fact BELIEVE in God or a higher power vs those who are Atheist.

So yes, the BBT is very much backed by Believers who are also Scientists. And we should pay attention to those within our own Faith who are also esteemed Scientists!

Apr 5, 2020
Galileo, Newton, Tesla, Einstein are all esteemed pioneers of Science and all believed in God!

Apr 5, 2020
I should interject, the BBT to which the C.O.B.E. Telescope Expedition is the factual backing and it proved there was NOTHING and BOOM, the BANG. And then from the Bang, came energy, electrons-neutrons-protons, Laws of Physics, Singularity. Science had it backwards, but the C.O.B.E. proved otherwise!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I should interject, the BBT to which the C.O.B.E. Telescope Expedition is the factual backing and it proved there was NOTHING and BOOM, the BANG. And then from the Bang, came energy, electrons-neutrons-protons, Laws of Physics, Singularity. Science had it backwards, but the C.O.B.E. proved otherwise!
While the COBE is consistent with the BBT, that is not the only theory with which it is consistent. Saying that COBE "proves" BBT is simply misapplying the evidence.

Similarly, it might be said that a variety of species "proves" evolution. It does no such thing; it is merely consistent with the evolution hypothesis, but it is also perfectly consistent with God's fiat creation of kinds and specialization within those kinds since the flood.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
If you can find me a verse that says the earth is flat I'll believe it is flat. If you can find one that says it's a sphere I'll believe a sphere. If you can find one that says it is a cube I will believe it is cube.

So I think rather than talk past you with allegations, I'll just ask you directly; can you post a verse from the Bible that says that the earth rotates? If you cannot and I can find verses that says it does not move; is modern man lying, or is God lying?
If the earth did not rotate there would be no 24 hour periods with both night and day.

The bible says to pray for wisdom, perhaps that includes common sense as well. Oh, the bible does says that the sun rises and sets but that was stated that way so that it could easily be understood. Actually, the sun neither rises or sets but appears that way due to the rotation of the earth. Everything in the bible is stated truthfully but not everything is a statement of truth. Again, there is such a thing as common sense and wisdom.

Apr 5, 2020
While the COBE is consistent with the BBT, that is not the only theory with which it is consistent. Saying that COBE "proves" BBT is simply misapplying the evidence.

Similarly, it might be said that a variety of species "proves" evolution. It does no such thing; it is merely consistent with the evolution hypothesis, but it is also perfectly consistent with God's fiat creation of kinds and specialization within those kinds since the flood.

Agreed!
My point being though, is C.O.B.E. Expedition changed how Science originally looked at the BBT. They were claiming a literal "Soup Theory" of energy creating itself, the Laws of Physics enforcing this creation, and Singularity helped format the combination that swelled Sace causing the Big Explosion. The C.O.B.E proved there were no ingredients prior and the Bang just happened and from there energy, the Laws of Physics formed, including Singularity.

Just like when God said, "Let there be LIGHT," the C.O.B.E. reveals this amazing flash of light and from that moment on everything began taking shape. If anything, to the Atheist Scientist, it was proof that God really does exist. They may never admit to it, but in the back of their head, they know.

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
In case some are not aware, the term "Big Bang" came from a preacher and a Catholic Priest when they said God spoke and it was the same as a "Big Bang!"
The hypothesis of the Primordial Atom was published in scientific form by the Catholic Priest, which modern cosmology is based upon. However, it was astrophysicist Sir Fred Hoyle that called it the 'big bang' (sarcastically) who did not accept it as the origin of the universe.

Apr 5, 2020
COBE definitely points to the origin.

What's more fascinating than what was actually witnessed from the COBE Expedition, are the 30 major ATHEIST Scientists who were involved suddenly singing a new tune and now clarifying that God is REAL and they Believe!

Apr 3, 2019
Sir Fred Hoyle, the astrophysicist made the term “Big Bang” popular but never accepted the theory.

Georges Lemaître is supposedly the first to identify that the recession of nearby galaxies as an expanding universe theory.

R

Reformyourself

Wow is this still going on! What else can I distract you with? 🤪

Jan 25, 2015

And to further that thought, the foundation of Science itself was built upon those who BELIEVE in God and they used Science to prove the very existence of God.

Yes, a few Atheists have used Science as a tool to prove God never existed, but that has been a more recent event within the past 300 years.

And, the Pew Research, which is a survey not only supported and backed by Scientists, but current Scientists are on the panel doing the questioning. And they discovered that TODAY, the Majority of Scientists, DO in fact BELIEVE in God or a higher power vs those who are Atheist.

So yes, the BBT is very much backed by Believers who are also Scientists. And we should pay attention to those within our own Faith who are also esteemed Scientists!

Good post.

The first word in the Bible is Bereshit and there is nothing wrong with the translation as “In the beginning” but the word is much deeper and richer than that. One of the other translations for this word is “with a rumbling and a shaking”. So there definitely was a noise when the heavens and earth were created. We will be ignorant to think Abba Father did it hush hush. Why would He even care about the noise? Was there a neighbour to consider?

Again Satan is using half-truths to deceive us. There was a bang, but it wasn’t 10 gazillion years ago. Every atheist big bang theorists add another zero so we never know is it thousand, million, billion, trillion…..