Dating site stories

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Can be good can be not so good. Dating site interactions tend to sometimes be those things that we want to gingerly kick under the rug. Now you have a chance (obviously if they are PG) to share the silliness.

I think for me the cringiest one was being on match and having men in their 60’s try and chat me up. At the time I was 25.

G

Godsgirl83

One reason I don't like putting to much personal info out there (like location) I was like you Steph. At the time I was like 21/22 and the guy was in his 60's...….. But the creepy thing was that based on location I was about an hour away. His opening line was something like
"hi I see you are near me. I want you to come clean my house and we'll see where it goes from there...…"
CREAPY
Then another time I was chatting with someone who was MUCH older. There was no romantic interest, just a lot of good conversation. Spoke on the phone a few times. I was on this site for the free trial period and was about to expire. I was ho-humming about whether or not to pay to join ( It was again when I was 21/22 @ the time, working part time/going to school so funds weren't easily at my disposal). Now I never mentioned this to him but one night he left me a voice mail telling me that he wanted to pay for a 1 year membership for me. I was touched . When I went to sign in, it showed the 1 yr membership upgrade. I went to send him a msg but his profile was gone! So I tried to call him...…. number was no longer in service! I never heard from him or about him again, but have never forgotten his kindness... it was a time of my life that I needed the fellowship that I received from that site.

Mezame83

Mar 18, 2019
I've never been on a dating site and your stories are the very reason why! I joined CC for the fellowship and have contemplated deleting my account because of what quite a few men msg me but thankfully i can report them! GG i find both of those stories creepy that you shared, i know you needed the fellowship and glad you got fellowship but still creepy that he paid and then disappeared.

G

Godsgirl83

I joined CC for the fellowship and have contemplated deleting my account because of what quite a few men msg me but thankfully i can report them!
I'm glad you have reported them and have stuck around here :)

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I think for me the cringiest one was being on match and having men in their 60’s try and chat me up. At the time I was 25.
Sorry about that. I figured you thought I was cringy because I was bald.:giggle:

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Of course they do! Just not from a lady who is young enough to be their granddaughter
Seriously, I do understand what you saying. It would not be fair or kind for me to marry a young lady who has her whole life ahead of her when I am so close to the end of mine.

Having said that, I must also say that I do very much desire the love and fellowship of every one of you wonderful women of God.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Sorry about that. I figured you thought I was cringy because I was bald.:giggle:
This post is just my opinion, wether it be true or false, it seems true in my mind.

There is nothing wrong with an older man dating/marrying a younger woman as long as she 18 and older in the U.S.. There is no law against this. Just bias opinions that are mostly made popular by Hollywood. Honestly, children from older fathers and younger mothers have a much better chance of having a stable home than two young parents. If you don't agree, see the divorce rate. An older father would generally bring more wisdom and wealth to help raise a family, and a younger woman would bring a healthier body to help conceive and raise children.

According to some traditions Joseph would of been a senior citizen and Mary would of been a teenager when Jesus was born. This seems to be totally outrageous in todays age, but once again marriage is a business in my mind. If this tradition was true, Joseph would be been scorned and mostly likely thrown in prison for statutory rape in the U.S., if it happened in our modern era. I'm not saying the tradition is true, but it seems likely in my mind.

If you don't think marriage is a business, why does a man have to offer a engagement ring that is normally the price of a used or new car? Not to mention that some Christian faiths believe that wearing jewelry is the opposite of being modest. (Read the book of Enoch for more information on that topic.) Why don't single ladies look for grown men living with their parents? Would it be because of money? Marriage has become so diluted from it's original purpose, that it's almost impossible to have successful one.

Another cultural bias in married couples today, is woman are choosing men about the same age. The downfall of this cultural acceptance would be that, by the time the couple is ready to have kids financially in many cases, the woman is passed her prime. If you notice, the amount of kids per household has dropped dramatically over time. Why is this do you presume? The cost of living maybe?

The best age for a woman to have children is in her 20's, but I'm sure this is debatable. You need at least 18-20 years to raise the kid/kids, so that would make the mother about 40 about the time the kids are off to college. People tend to have more energy in their 20's and 30's, than their 30's and 40's; Which is good, because kids sort of tax parents financially, emotionally, time wise, and their energy. I know exceptions apply, but generally this seems true. So, why is it wrong to marry an older man again? Because he is old and creepy?!?! Seems rather shallow.

Older ladies that are close to age 40 are spending thousands (15-25 thousand dollars) to have medical treatments done to get pregnant for their first child in their same age marriage. The rate of infant deaths in older mothers seems to be very high from what I hear from family and friends.

Generally, a man likes adventure, travel, pursuing goals, accomplishing tasks, and enjoying hobbies. Raising kids would pretty much erase any chance of enjoying life's pleasures. A man may feel trapped in a family situation when he really wants to say, go drinking with the boys, vacationing, or pursing life dreams. Maybe when a man is 50, he is pretty much partied out, and ready to settle down at that point.

Many woman crave security and normally wants to bring children in the world, if the conditions are right. Being an older lady in the late 30's, or early 40's, and conceiving kids makes everything harder. So, why wouldn't a woman want a man that is ready to settle down, who is financially secure, and is in his 50's again? Because he is old and gross?!?! This world is mad!!!!

I don't want to get married, so this isn't for personal gain. It's really stating logical opinions to help promote a better life for both man and woman.

Please feel to respond with constructive criticism.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I just don’t think it’s right for a man who is old enough to be their grandfather to desire to marry a woman that young. It seems very not right. Almost like they’re wanting to marry a child. It’s weird.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
I just don't think it's right for me to get married, but I don't tell everyone NOT to get married. Let others decide for themselves what is best. Presenting information, so people can make rational decisions is good.

You are entitled to your opinion. Good luck convincing men that younger ladies are not the way to go.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Good luck convincing men that younger ladies are not the way to go.
Oh I have no problem with a man wanting a younger lady. I just feel like there should be a line of how young and that’s up to the man. 1-15 years difference I have no problem with whatever. But 40 years? Hmmm....

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Well, I hear there is a woman's movement...Maybe you can get a law passed?

Honestly, CC has a tendency for topics to be more or less headed towards marriage, dating, and relationships. It's quite annoying. Maybe I need to disappear for awhile again.

You know what they did to the wisemen in Biblical times?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
This post is just my opinion, wether it be true or false, it seems true in my mind.

There is nothing wrong with an older man dating/marrying a younger woman as long as she 18 and older in the U.S.. There is no law against this. Just bias opinions that are mostly made popular by Hollywood. Honestly, children from older fathers and younger mothers have a much better chance of having a stable home than two young parents. If you don't agree, see the divorce rate. An older father would generally bring more wisdom and wealth to help raise a family, and a younger woman would bring a healthier body to help conceive and raise children.

According to some traditions Joseph would of been a senior citizen and Mary would of been a teenager when Jesus was born. This seems to be totally outrageous in todays age, but once again marriage is a business in my mind. If this tradition was true, Joseph would be been scorned and mostly likely thrown in prison for statutory rape in the U.S., if it happened in our modern era. I'm not saying the tradition is true, but it seems likely in my mind.

If you don't think marriage is a business, why does a man have to offer a engagement ring that is normally the price of a used or new car? Not to mention that some Christian faiths believe that wearing jewelry is the opposite of being modest. (Read the book of Enoch for more information on that topic.) Why don't single ladies look for grown men living with their parents? Would it be because of money? Marriage has become so diluted from it's original purpose, that it's almost impossible to have successful one.

Another cultural bias in married couples today, is woman are choosing men about the same age. The downfall of this cultural acceptance would be that, by the time the couple is ready to have kids financially in many cases, the woman is passed her prime. If you notice, the amount of kids per household has dropped dramatically over time. Why is this do you presume? The cost of living maybe?

The best age for a woman to have children is in her 20's, but I'm sure this is debatable. You need at least 18-20 years to raise the kid/kids, so that would make the mother about 40 about the time the kids are off to college. People tend to have more energy in their 20's and 30's, than their 30's and 40's; Which is good, because kids sort of tax parents financially, emotionally, time wise, and their energy. I know exceptions apply, but generally this seems true. So, why is it wrong to marry an older man again? Because he is old and creepy?!?! Seems rather shallow.

Older ladies that are close to age 40 are spending thousands (15-25 thousand dollars) to have medical treatments done to get pregnant for their first child in their same age marriage. The rate of infant deaths in older mothers seems to be very high from what I hear from family and friends.

Generally, a man likes adventure, travel, pursuing goals, accomplishing tasks, and enjoying hobbies. Raising kids would pretty much erase any chance of enjoying life's pleasures. A man may feel trapped in a family situation when he really wants to say, go drinking with the boys, vacationing, or pursing life dreams. Maybe when a man is 50, he is pretty much partied out, and ready to settle down at that point.

Many woman crave security and normally wants to bring children in the world, if the conditions are right. Being an older lady in the late 30's, or early 40's, and conceiving kids makes everything harder. So, why wouldn't a woman want a man that is ready to settle down, who is financially secure, and is in his 50's again? Because he is old and gross?!?! This world is mad!!!!

I don't want to get married, so this isn't for personal gain. It's really stating logical opinions to help promote a better life for both man and woman.

Okay now you sound like Adstar... or maybe AgeOfKnowledge...

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I never joined dating sites, so I have no stories to contribute. I hope others can join the convo :)

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I tried a Christian site, and it had nobody closer than 300 miles away from me. I tried one secular site, and a couple of ladies showed interest and claimed to be Christian, but when I talked with them I discovered they clearly weren't. Otherwise, every single time I initiated contact, I received no response at all.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014

Parts of this do sound logical, but only if you've really bought in to other cultural ideas like the need to be finanically prepared before you have kids or that a man in his 20's or 30's isn't mature enough to want to settle down into a marriage. I also wonder where that would leave all those poor men in their 20's and 30's who want to get married if all the women their age are looking for men who are so much older than they are. And how unequal is this idea that men should get to enjoy their hobbies and pursue their interests until they're in their 50's but women should settle down and start having kids around the age of 20 while they're still young and energetic? Methinks your ideas are several hundred years out of date.