Dating web-sites?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TheIndianGirl

Which dating website is everyone using? I have tried Match, OKcupid, and ChristianMingle. I don't like ChristianMingle, maybe because I'm not using it correctly. They guys on my "Browse" page have not been updated in years. There are also not too many matches. The other two sites has more guys, but of course most of them are non-Christian.

K

Kim82

They all seem to be a grand big waste of time.

Whichever one you decide to use, don't get your hopes up and use Goodly wisdom and discernment.

T

TheIndianGirl

Yes, they have been a waste of time but I don't really see another option of meeting people. No one at church or work.

Dec 8, 2019
CC is an awesome dating site. Specifically the singles forum. Now before I get jumped on I have to say I'm kidding, well... Kinda

K

Kim82

CC is an awesome dating site
CC is an awesome Christian fellowship site. If anyone happens to meet someone special here, that's great, but I think there are enough dating sites around.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The dating sites that work well have a lot of people in a given area; large cities are the optimal places. Whichever one you use, just be clear about who you are and what you want, and don't be afraid to ignore or even block people who are inappropriate.

There are pros and cons to each. I've found Match to be a complete waste of time, as the costs are very high and you can't communicate with others for free. POF is free to use and communicate, though it seems to attract a higher percentage of low-quality people. Zoosk is relatively inexpensive, but its search tools are very limited. Christian Mingle and other highly focused sites are just about useless unless you're in a large-population area, or are willing to start with a long-distance relationship and later, to move. I haven't tried Tinder; it has a reputation as a hookup site, but apparently you can specify that that is not what you're looking for.

L

LittleMermaid

I prefer to find a guy "naturally" in the wild. I haven't caught any yet but I only need one! :LOL::p

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I prefer to find a guy "naturally" in the wild. I haven't caught any yet but I only need one! :LOL::p

Go out into the woods and setup your man trap - you'll need a pizza, a football, and a big steel cage. Additional bait may improve your prospects. To set the trap - hang big steel cage in a tree, make sure you can release it quickly and easily , then place pizza, football and any additional bait below cage. Wait for man to come along and when he comes to get the pizza and football drop the cage.

If you're worried that this method may make the guy a flight risk, I recommend bringing along a preacher so that guy has to marry you before he gets out of the cage.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Which dating website is everyone using? I have tried Match, OKcupid, and ChristianMingle. I don't like ChristianMingle, maybe because I'm not using it correctly. They guys on my "Browse" page have not been updated in years. There are also not too many matches. The other two sites has more guys, but of course most of them are non-Christian.
Sounds like you've hit most of the big ones except eharmony. I have yet to use a dating site so I don't think I can be much more help than that.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Perhaps if there are no options right now that may be telling you something? Like maybe stop looking for now?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
The only website I used for dating purposes was Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
CC is an awesome dating site. Specifically the singles forum. Now before I get jumped on I have to say I'm kidding, well... Kinda
Actually, there is an element of truth to your statement as there have been a few marriages that happened as a result of this site.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Actually, there is an element of truth to your statement as there have been a few marriages that happened as a result of this site.

Unfortunately, we have to be realistic though...

There have been a few divorces as well.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I’ve personally used eharmony, match, Christian mingle, and a sort of ofd brand one called fusion101. Also I use the Facebook one every so often. I had the most “success” during my paid stint with eharmony as far as getting interaction. Match was ok but it tended to be a little easier to get ignored. It was nice having the ability to search however by distance. Christian Mingle ironically was the worst. Worst interactions, creepers, eh. Fusion has been a very long haul thing, since it takes a long time not only to get verified but also to find someone. It’s based mostly in the UK so you can image that for me being in US it’s a tad difficult. All communication is free totally though, so that is an awesome plus.

Finally Facebook. That one is...interesting. It’s nice because you can look through hundreds of people in the area, including friends of friends and whatnot. The thing is they have the most base sorting system ever. I can’t even change sorting by faith, smoking, or drinking habits. At times it can be a bit frustrating, but it’s nice knowing it’s almost always someone near.

So yeah. Still single, not using anything currently except Facebook.