Do we know how Yeshua lived his life?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
Jhn 9:24So for the second time they called in the man who had been blind and told him, "God should get the glory for this, because we know this man Jesus is a sinner."
Jhn 9:25"I don't know whether he is a sinner," the man replied. "But I know this: I was blind, and now I can see!"

In this exchange we find that some are willing to pass down a conviction due only to their own need to be seen as something they are not. Keep in mind that not long ago, they were saying how HaShem and only HaShem the pwoer to forgive sin, yet here they take on the roll of HaShem in passing judgment on Yeshua. Reminds of many of the things said about my self and others on this sight. So as always, I will let HaShem be my judge, just as we know HaShem judged Yeshua and found Him to be perfect in every way.

Jhn 9:26"But what did he do?" they asked. "How did he heal you?"
Jhn 9:27"Look!" the man exclaimed. "I told you once. Didn't you listen? Why do you want to hear it again? Do you want to become his disciples, too?"
Jhn 9:28Then they cursed him and said, "You are his disciple, but we are disciples of Moses!
Jhn 9:29We know God spoke to Moses, but we don't even know where this man comes from."

Before anyone gets the idea that we are followers of Moses, let me explain something to you. Though you have made clear that you will forget, over look or just ignore it just to bring up the same old worn out argument over the law in any post I open.
Yeshua is our savoir, Yes we do follow the laws of HaShem, as He gave them to the people. Now keep in mind, there is this thing called the 10 utterances. Remember why HaShem spoke to the people, wheen they first got to Mont Sinai? The people were scared after that, so they said Moses you go talk him, and we will do what ever He tells you. Well the 10 utterances is what we call HaShems law to man kind. If anyone would take the time to study this, they would find that HaShem spent the 40 days teaching Moses about the Temple services. The sacrifices, feast, and so on. We will see if anyone has any question on that when we return, for now let us move forward.

Jhn 9:30"Why, that's very strange!" the man replied. "He healed my eyes, and yet you don't know where he comes from?
Jhn 9:31We know that God doesn't listen to sinners, but he is ready to hear those who worship him and do his will.
Jhn 9:32Ever since the world began, no one has been able to open the eyes of someone born blind.
Jhn 9:33If this man were not from God, he couldn't have done it."

If we really look at this, we soon see that the blind man understood one thing for sure. man kind doesn't hold the power to heal anyone. If you were sick and went to the doctor, and he does everything he knows how to, yet can't heal you, do we say the doctor is complainant? Some will for sure. Yet have we ever thought that if HaShem has placed said illness on us, no doctor will be able to help? Yet even with that being placed before them, here is their reply.

Jhn 9:34"You were born a total sinner!" they answered. "Are you trying to teach us?" And they threw him out of the synagogue.

Many people hold this same illogical reaction when faced with a truth they don't want see. Trust me, when a person on here that thinks they can change my understanding is faced with the fact that they simply don't have the understanding to do so, they turn to insults, belittlement, and have even said flat out they will get ride of me. Funny really as the Word tells us there is nothing new under the sun. Ecc. 1:9

Jhn 9:35When Jesus heard what had happened, he found the man and asked, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?
Jhn 9:36The man answered, "Who is he, sir? I want to believe in him."
Jhn 9:37"You have seen him," Jesus said, "and he is speaking to you!"
Jhn 9:38"Yes, Lord, I believe!" the man said. And he worshiped Jesus.

At first the man had no idea Who Yeshua was. He wanted to know Him, and wanted to believe in Him. Once the blind man was told what he wanted to know, he believed, and worshiped Yeshua. So why did this man want to believe? Was it due to his being healed, or did he know the truth of who the Mashiach was already?

Jhn 9:39Then Jesus told him, "I entered this world to render judgment—to give sight to the blind and to show those who think they see that they are blind."
Jhn 9:40Some Pharisees who were standing nearby heard him and asked, "Are you saying we're blind?"
Jhn 9:41"If you were blind, you wouldn't be guilty," Jesus replied. "But you remain guilty because you claim you can see.

This gets into just one reason some think, and we are among them, that John was a kabbolistic Master. Though this is only a small example of this, and we do wish to say, "Please don't get into Kabbolah without the guidance of a true master.

Any way, Yeshua came first to help us better see where we stand in conection to haShem's will. When we are blind to something, it simply means we don't see it for what it really is, Yeshua wished to remove that blindness, so we can see the truth. Does this mean that some on here are blinded to it? Yes it does. Just as it is clear that not one person can ever say, "Not me I know everything." and be standing on the truth.
We know we can be wrong, though we are also sure that not many people hold the kind of understanding it would take to change our hearts and minds. Yet we also understand that if a person with more understanding than us were to confrunt us, we would see that they do have this, and we will hear them out, ask a bagillon questions, in hopes of seeing what we have wrong, or just a part of. In this manner, one learns to be open to others teachings, and seek out THE TRUTH.
Now that last passage holds something most will miss. When Yeshua tells them if they were blind they wouldn't be guilty. He is not speaking of physical blindness. He is speaking of being blind to the true teachings of Scripture. In this case, the Torah. So why the torah? When one speaks of scripture in the Word, they are speaking of the Tanakh. After all, there was no so called N.T. until around 350 AD.
For everyone reading this, I hope you are enjoying it and that you learn something new. May your study be blessed, adn the Spirit guide your heart and mind to THE TRUTH.

Apr 2, 2024
How many of you think Yeshua kept the fest? Do you know why, and what feast have been fulfilled by Him to date?
Yeshua kept all the feasts, fulfilled the spring feasts, the rest are fulfilled after the second coming

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
Jhn 10:1"I tell you the truth, anyone who sneaks over the wall of a sheepfold, rather than going through the gate, must surely be a thief and a robber!
Jhn 10:2But the one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.
Jhn 10:3The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep recognize his voice and come to him. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
Jhn 10:4After he has gathered his own flock, he walks ahead of them, and they follow him because they know his voice.
Jhn 10:5They won't follow a stranger; they will run from him because they don't know his voice.

This chapter as we understand it, tells us of Yeshua, and His followers. As we should know Yeshua is the shepherd, His followers are the sheep. So here a question I love to see you answer. How will you know His voice, if you don't Him, His life, His faith, and teachings?
The reason we ask this is simple. When it comes to a study of Yeshua, based only on the books that teach us His ways, some wish to turn to Paul to try and nullify the sound teachings of Yeshua. In our minds this shows that they will looking for the wrong leader. After all, if one was to open a school on lets say survival, and they teach you to filter, and boil all water, they are teaching sound and proven facts to go with this. Like the fact that any water from a river holds bad things that can make you really sick, or even kill you. They will also teach that from it's source, (i.e. where it comes out of the ground, or is melted from snow or ice ) that water is clean and ready to drink with out the above being done.
Now you read something about fast moving water being clean, so who do listen too? In one of my classes this came up, and we did a simple test to find the truth. I sent one student to find a spring, (where the water comes out the ground ) and the one that stood firm on the idea that fast moving water was clean to find what he seen as clean water. They were both told not to trust anything they were told, and not to drink any of the water.
We then sent both samples to be tested. The fast moving "clean" water came back with some nasty things in it, which include bacteria, protozoa, viruses, and parasites. Like I said nothing good.
The spring water, ( where it came out of the ground ) held some higher than normal minerals, small amounts of electrolytes, and trace elements of none harmful bacteria.
So why an odd analogy? We use this to try and get to point Yeshua made. If we have a great teacher, one that only uses proven methods, when a question comes up, we turn to their teachings. In other words, we hear that teachers voice in our head giving us sound teachings, and understanding. So we can say we know that teachers voice. When we let others lead us away from that sound doctrine, we may end up really sick, or dead.
So when anyone tries to dismiss the teachings of HaShem, they become that river water. It may look the same, just as we should understand the spirit of the antichrist will appear much like Yeshua. Yet when tested, we will see the truth nature of this spirit.
We look forward to no real answers coming to the above question. Just as we understand that some will try to say we are wrong, with no real evidence to back the claim. Once again I find it ever so sad that the topic of Yeshua, is pushed aside, and so few are willing to even look at Him.

Jun 17, 2017
Jhn 10:6Those who heard Jesus use this illustration didn't understand what he meant,
Jhn 10:7so he explained it to them: "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep.
Jhn 10:8All who came before me were thieves and robbers. But the true sheep did not listen to them.
Jhn 10:9Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. [fn] They will come and go freely and will find good pastures.
Jhn 10:10The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.
Jhn 10:11"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep.
Jhn 10:12A hired hand will run when he sees a wolf coming. He will abandon the sheep because they don't belong to him and he isn't their shepherd. And so the wolf attacks them and scatters the flock.
Jhn 10:13The hired hand runs away because he's working only for the money and doesn't really care about the sheep.
Jhn 10:14"I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me,
Jhn 10:15just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep.

There is a lot to unpack in the passages given. However as we know we are dealing with many that know so little about Yeshua, we will keep it simple.
Many today seem to have over looked the meaning found here, so in a simple explanation, Yeshua is telling us 3 things for sure.
1 He is the sacrifice that opened the door for us to find true salvation.
2 He is the only way to said salvation.
3 He has left us a promise of a good life.

Now some teach that this means we will have everything we want on this earth. I think the lable for this is prosparity doctrine. Something we will look a bit more closely in time. For now it should be known that if we store up all our riches on earth, we a part of the earthly kingdom. When in fact we should, (as will be seen in time) we should strive to use what we have on this earth for the betterment of others. Does this mean don't buy a house, car, and what ever we need to make life a bit better on this earth? Not even. Even the Hebrew people were given land, built homes, and even wealth. Just kep in mind, the more you do for others with you have, the more you have to do for others.

With Yeshua being the only way to find salvation, and knowing that He is the way, the truth, and the light. We as His followers, and holding onto the faith of His, and HaShem's promises, would it not us good to understand Who He is, what He said, did, and followed? That answer is YES. I know some on here think the Jewishness of Yeshua simply isn't a thing, and that anything Jewish is sinful. I hold them in my prayers, and pray they will come to see the wrong in this. After all, we can't walk as He walked, with out a little of His faith showing through in our lives.

There is a teaching that the Jews killed Yeshua, and another that says the Romans did. Both are wrong, He gave His life, so that we may live. As we will see more clearly if we simply look at His words, and set aside our own understanding. I know someone is wanting to say, I teach my own understanding. They would be wrong, I do everything I can to keep my own stinking thinking our of it. That is why we study not as individuals, rather as a whole. This keeps us grounded, and focused on THE TRUTH, over my truth or yours.
There is so much more in the passages given, yet when one feeds a bay they don't give them meat, milk is what is needed. Don't get offened if you truly are ready for mean, Like I said, many on here are not. I never said no one is, so don't go down that road, please. If you are ready, then by all means give us that meat, and lets learn together. If not, then stay around, as meat is on the menu, just not yet.

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest