Doctrine of Unconditional Election

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
No one can see until born again.

[Jhn 3:3 KJV] 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Great verse, no bearing however

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Jesus is talking to Thomas about seeing Him in the physical realm, not spiritual, but those that don't see in the physical and believe are blessed. You left out several important verses for context.

[Jhn 20:27-29 KJV]
27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust [it] into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed [are] they that have not seen, and [yet] have believed.
That’s called faith…believing with no evidence other thanGod’s word.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
That’s called faith…believing with no evidence other thanGod’s word.
Faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit given when born again. No one can manufacture it of themselves. Our faith does not
bring salvation.

[Gal 5:22 KJV] 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Dec 21, 2020
If that's true, then everyone MUST be saved.
No.

Is that what you believe?
No.

The verses says Christ will raise them on the last day
Everyone will be resurrected and acknowledge Christ. The unsaved will understand that they were wrong to reject him, and be thrown into the lake of fire (die the second death). The saved will be welcomed into the kingdom. (there's more. That's the abbreviated version. :) )

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
No.

No.

Everyone will be resurrected and acknowledge Christ. The unsaved will understand that they were wrong to reject him, and be thrown into the lake of fire (die the second death). The saved will be welcomed into the kingdom. (there's more. That's the abbreviated version. :) )
Nope. Only those taught of God and have learned of the Father "cometh unto me". No one else can.

[Jhn 6:44-45 KJV]
44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Dec 21, 2020
Nope. Only those taught of God and have learned of the Father "cometh unto me". No one else can.

[Jhn 6:44-45 KJV]
44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
I'm convinced that one day you'll change your view. All Calvinists will.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
I'm convinced that one day you'll change your view. All Calvinists will.
I am not so sure of the same about you, but it's up to God. Maybe you will, but if you do it will only be
the gift of God, not man.

Dec 21, 2020
I am not so sure of the same about you, but it's up to God.
God wants people to know the truth. One of us will change our view. That much is certain.

Maybe you will, but if you do it will only be the gift of God, not man.
I believe you'll simply be told you were wrong. :)

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
God wants people to know the truth. One of us will change our view. That much is certain.
Only those He has chosen will know the truth - He will make it so.

Dec 21, 2020
Everyone will one day stand before the Lord Jesus Christ and be judged. People who did not accept Christ will realize they should have. Some will be sorrowful, some will be pissed (weeping and gnashing of teeth). ALL of the saved will come to know the truth. Any false doctrines they may have held to will be corrected. IE: we'll all find out where we were wrong.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Biblically, the word elect is in the context of service.
Salvation is unto service. Heb 9:14

How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Rom 7:6

But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

So Election is to service, Spiritual service !

Rev 1:5-6

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father
; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

1 Thess 1:4,9

4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
In context, this is aisrael God’s elect people elected as the seed of the Messiah. Paul had a heart to see them saved.
No its the elect, mainly Gentiles. Paul was sent mainly to the Gentile elect, In fact Timothy was a Gentile, or had Gentile father.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
Clam chowder with cheesy bread sticks :) Still real cold up here.
Now that sounds nice and cozy on a cold day. I sure am ready for spring, once I get my Christmas decor in the shed. By the time I get it in it will be time to come out again. smh

What choice did the children who died make
None, the same as the Holocaust. Their deaths we the result of evil mans plans, not because God created them to die.

Jos 21:43 And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
Jos 21:44 And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.
Jos 21:45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.
Right but they lost the use of the land for disobedience, but they never lost the deed. Israel has never fully possessed all the land promised to them, but they will. Mosaic Covenant was conditional, Abrahamic wasn't

Our Bibles are not written / put together in chronological order nor were they written in chapter and verse .
Yes I realize that. That's why 48 and Israel back in the land is so significant. Even now God is beginning to fulfill promises He made to Abe all those years ago. Amazing.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023

How can people stand before the judgement throne of God at the end of their lives who are not elect? How can they be judged when they were created to do what they did? How is that a just God?

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
How can people stand before the judgement throne of God at the end of their lives who are not elect? How can they be judged when they were created to do what they did? How is that a just God?
By Satan's Adam's and Eve's actions, not by God's. of ourselves, we should all be in that situation. Only by God's
choice, mercy and grace, are a remnant saved.

[Rom 5:19 KJV] 19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Scriptures that set forth election unto salvation:

Jn 6:37
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

2 Thess 2:13

But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Election is the blessed reality that God the Father, before the foundation of the world, from the very beginning, chose a specific number of depraved sinners out of Adam's sinful lineage and obligated all of their salvation on their surety, His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. Eph 1:3-4

Blessed the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Nothing in the sinner, real or foreseen, nothing outside of God Himself, motivated or persuaded God's choice of sinners unto salvation. God justifies the ungodly, and all whom God elected unto salvation are and were, before being born again and conversion, ungodly and by nature children of wrath as other, deserving nothing but Gods wrath ! Eph 2:1-3

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 5

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
What is the doctrine of divine election unto salvation? It is that Biblical truth that God, in sovereign mercy, before the world began and without any consideration of the actions of any man, decreed a specific number of people to be the objects of His great salvation in Christ Jesus. “...And as many as were ordained unto eternal life believed” (Acts 13:48). These would be reconciled, redeemed, justified, sanctified and gloried to “the praise of the glory of His grace” (Ephesians 1:3-6). “For He saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom Iwill have compassion” (Romans 9:15). It is obvious from the language of Scripture that God has an elect or chosen people. “Who shall lay anything to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth” (Romans 8:33). “...Ye are a chosen generation” (1 Peter 2:9). “God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation” (2 Thessalonians 2:13). If the Holy Spirit ever shows a man his sinfulness and what abundant mercy God has showered upon him in choosing him to be an object of saving grace, such a sight will have definite effects Authored by Jim Byrd