Eating Swine (hogs)?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 28, 2016
don't even think of crossing us Fran, because we both Love you, where you are
right now...

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
ADJUSTING incorrect ideas is NOT BICKERING.
1. Well introducing Mary into this thread -- no matter who did it -- was totally inappropriate.

2. Saying anything derogatory about Mary was also totally inappropriate and unacceptable.

3. Trying to promote the veneration and worship of Mary is also totally inappropriate and unscriptural.

4. You could have easily told the offender to keep all discussion of Mary out of this thread, and not pursued that topic.

Feb 28, 2016
this is very true, Neh,

but sometimes it just can't be helped, and we have to make exceptions out of our
Love for Christ and His Mother and for those of us who Love Her for bearing God in the flesh...

Last edited:

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
This is horrible for two reasons I can think of immediately.
There are probably more.

1. Jesus said a house divided against itself cannot stand. When did he say this? When he was exorcising demons from persons and being accused that He was doing so by the power of Satan.

So when people pray to Mary, do you think they have God on their mind or Satan?

2. This is the mother of Jesus. What if someone called your mother Satan?
Ask forgiveness of her SON and have some respect!

Your opinion of horrible not mine.
1. Rome's image of Mary is not Mary. It's just an image promoted as being Mary. God doesn't like idols. His house is not divided, He keeps it together.

Only one praying could answer that, however, when someone prays Hail Mary I'm sure they know they aren't praying to God.

2. No it's not the mother of Jesus, it's an idol. Once again, God doesn't like idols.

So this is a photo of Mary the handmaid of the LORD you say? nope it's just an idol.
What if someone called my mother satan? Well my mom is dead but when she was alive she would probably say that she had been called worse.

Your turn, what if someone called your mom satan and you a son of the devil?
As far as respect goes...... you should take your own advice!

Ok, here is the post that looks like where the fight began.

Fran, you said this:

~So when people pray to Mary, do you think they have God on their mind or Satan?

If people are praying to Mary, they have Mary on their mind. I have heard enough though maybe it's gossip, but I've heard that catholics believe Mary is the intercessor. We know from scripture this is wrong.

Then the bad guy (LOL, teasing) said this:
~2. No it's not the mother of Jesus, it's an idol. Once again, God doesn't like idols

What is wrong about this? It's a picture. Not a photograph of Mary. And even if it were, it's not her bodily. We don't worship statues of Jesus either.

and this:

Only one praying could answer that, however, when someone prays Hail Mary I'm sure they know they aren't praying to God

Why would you be offended Fran? These things are true...according to scriptures in the OT, and the truth revealed about Jesus in the NT.

We owe no allegiance to any church. Only to God, His Son, and His Holy Spirit. Mary was the vessel chosen and she was blessed to be chosen to do this. An honor. But, other than this...not a part of our salvation.

If anyone has been born from above, and filled with Holy Spirit...I extend my hand of kinship for we are brothers and sisters through Sonship.

Apr 30, 2016
1. Well introducing Mary into this thread -- no matter who did it -- was totally inappropriate.

2. Saying anything derogatory about Mary was also totally inappropriate and unacceptable.

3. Trying to promote the veneration and worship of Mary is also totally inappropriate and unscriptural.

4. You could have easily told the offender to keep all discussion of Mary out of this thread, and not pursued that topic.
I agree with all of the above.
Except the offense was too great. It's in post no. 90.

When the time comes, I will also defend YOU when someone speaks against what you believe in such a manner as that poster did.
We are ONE TEAM here. We should respect each other more - even when we don't agree.

Discuss, not insult and argue.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
Where in Scripture does it’s now okay to eat swine?

If you can, please document your answer.
If you're against eating it, don't eat it.
As for me and my house, please pass the pork chops!

Dec 12, 2013
Yes. Dcon.

You Always have VERY IMPORTANT things to say.
I know I try not to skip ONE WORD.

BTW,

You have blasphemed the Holy Spirit.

You KNOW ALL ABOUT BIBLICAL MATTERS.

Did you figure out how?

Do you CARE how?
Study more Fran...blasphemy of the Spirit.is to equate the work of Christ to the power of the devil....which I did not do...and will say again....TO PRAY TO MARY IS IDOLATRY!

Dec 12, 2013
Oh. And ONLY YOU know the truth?
Dcon, you don't know the first letter of the word TRUTH.

You're so far from truth you coudn't see it with a telescope.

Here's the truth:

A day will come when all will be called out of their tombs and will hear His voice.
They will come forth, those who did GOOD DEEDS to a resurrection of life...

Those who committed evil deeds to condemnation.
John 5:28-29

ANYTHING derogetory said of the mother of Jesus is an evil deed and one which You and the other posters who agree with you will be judged on.

Jesus is the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God.
You blasphemed the Holy Spirit by agreeing to vile remarks made about the mother of the ONE WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT.

IF you believe in the Trinity, of course.
You made derogatory statements of the mother of the 2nd person of the Trinity when become flesh.

Do you and the other posters here believe Jesus is HAPPY about the remarks made about HIS MOTHER???

And you want to "teach" Others.
First teach yourself.
Blah blah blah....truth starts with a T.....and PRAYING TO MARY IS IDOLATRY.......

Sep 6, 2014
It's all about God in Christ Jesus!

1 Timothy 2:5

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Hebrews 7:25
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Colossians 1:9
For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Isaiah 45:22
Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Don't be deceived by crafty men. Trust in the God of Truth and not in dumb idols!

Revelation 14:10

The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Habakkuk 2:18-20
What profiteth the graven image that the maker thereof hath graven it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of his work trusteth therein, to make dumb idols?
19Woe unto him that saith to the wood, Awake; to the dumb stone, Arise, it shall teach! Behold, it is laid over with gold and silver, and there is no breath at all in the midst of it.
20But the LORD is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him.

2 Corinthians 11:12-15
But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we. 13For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
1. How do YOU know that image is not the mother of Jesus? Have you met her?
We have PLENTY of images of Jesus. Is that also idolatry?

MAYBE WE SHOULD ELIMINATE ALL IMAGES OF JESUS TOO?????

4. THIS IS BLASPHEMING THE HOLY SPIRIT. Yes. Blaspheming, not grieving.

CAN YOU FIGURE OUT HOW?

Funny- You like to receive grace but you sure don't like giving it out.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH WILL BE REQUIRED.
YOU have been forgiven, how about showing some love for those whom YOU have to understand and maybe forgive.

THINK ABOUT HOW THIS IS BLASPHEMING THE HOLY SPIRIT.
If you can't figure it out,
scratch everything you know and start from the beginning.

How IGNORANT are you anyway?

Have you ever seen a BLACK JESUS?

Mary is represented according to the CULTURE that is representing her.

Have you ever travelled anywhere? Looks like you haven't.

FIND OUT SOME THINGS BEFORE YOU POST silly ideas.
Yes it is wrong to make images of Jesus as well as Mary. Especially of Jesus because of what scripture has to say about Him. Isaiah 53 describes Jesus and no artist has captured anything close to His real image even His real earthly image.

You want Mary to look like you so you can relate to her.

Overall your tone reveals you have way too much hostility in your posts to be good for you. You are becoming even more judgmental than those you criticize for being judgmental.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
For what purpose did God teach His people to only eat the clean and why did God make it plain?
Was it just a law to test their obedience, was it symbolic, or was it that the animals were clean and unclean.

Human Science or studies back up Gods laws. Pigs store 7 times more uric acid (urine) in their muscle than humans. Thats probly why it tastes so good.

Sure there are symbolic spiritual lessons but that doesn't change the animals physical make up. God gave us a guide to healthy living and i believe time has not changed those pronciples.
Read the verses in context. The people were often fanatical about the laws and made them a burden. There were lots of conservative Jews around.

If i obey the laws given by God and count it a blessing knowing I'm healthier for it, it isn't a burden to obey but a delight.

AllenW

Apr 20, 2016
It's all about God in Christ Jesus!

1 Timothy 2:5

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Hebrews 7:25
Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Colossians 1:9
For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Isaiah 45:22
Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Don't be deceived by crafty men. Trust in the God of Truth and not in dumb idols!

Revelation 14:10

The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Habakkuk 2:18-20
What profiteth the graven image that the maker thereof hath graven it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of his work trusteth therein, to make dumb idols?
19Woe unto him that saith to the wood, Awake; to the dumb stone, Arise, it shall teach! Behold, it is laid over with gold and silver, and there is no breath at all in the midst of it.
20But the LORD is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him.

2 Corinthians 11:12-15
But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we. 13For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Don't you work or something?
You started this whole thing with hatred toward catholics.
Why don't you just go away.

AllenW

Apr 20, 2016
Yes it is wrong to make images of Jesus as well as Mary. Especially of Jesus because of what scripture has to say about Him. Isaiah 53 describes Jesus and no artist has captured anything close to His real image even His real earthly image.

You want Mary to look like you so you can relate to her.

Overall your tone reveals you have way too much hostility in your posts to be good for you. You are becoming even more judgmental than those you criticize for being judgmental.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
We're only human Roger.
Sometimes evil hateful remarks bring the worst out in us.
It's an area of our lives that needs work, nothing more.
It would help if the evil hateful remarks came from somewhere other then a Christian forum.

Apr 30, 2016
We're only human Roger.
It would help if the evil hateful remarks came from somewhere other then a Christian forum.
Right.

And, this is all this poster does.
Such hatred is shown instead of the peace of God.

Apr 30, 2016
We're only human Roger.
Maybe some feel they're perfect and are not in need of any work at all.
They come to these threads only to argue instead of contributing some useful dialogue.