pastoral care is quite a different job to teaching. People tend to lump them in the same category.
Pastors (shepherds, shepherdesses) look after the sheep. Its a caregiving role, not necessarily a teaching one. I know many teachers who just want to impart knowledge and actually dont care about their students (disciples) wellbeing and safety.
Actually Teaching is a different job from Pastoring altogether, As a teacher you would prepare lesson plans and develop a ciriculum for what you your teaching your students. While that is also a part of the duty of the pastor, the Pastor is also responcible for doing services, your sunday service, mid week bible studies, weddings, funerals, Baptisms and ordination services. On top of Doing home visitations, visitor visitations, hospital or nursing home visistations. Plus there are 2 entirely different qualifications as a teacher the position can be filled by a man or woman. The pastor has to be a man, married to a woman in accordance to scripture.
10. He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above the heavens, that he might fill all things.)
11. And he gave some, apostles; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12. For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13. Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of stature of the fullness of Christ.
14. That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lay in wait to deceive;
1st Timothy 3:1-7
1. This is a true saying. If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
2. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3. Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4. One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravety;
5. (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God) (cant make question mark work on this keyboard)
6. Not a novice, lest being filled up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
7. Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
hope this helps.