FLAT EARTH

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
I was watching "What on Earth" and it was documented an island just disappeared. Not under the ocean but a well documented, for over 100 years, island just disappeared. Granted this island was in the Bermuda Triangle. What do we really know about the Bermuda Triangle... Maybe it is the edge!?!

Joseppi

Jan 4, 2018
God created the earth to present a flat earth view. The earth being a sphere and suspended on nothing doesn’t change the view God gave us.

Sure scientists present technical truth about physical objects and the behavior they exhibit. But science hasn’t changed a thing on earth except to multiply the evil of mankind. Man uses science to run faster around the earth, storing up information more voluminously, accumulating knowledge faster and ends up making man’s perception of the world flatter than it ever was before.

The flat earthier points this strange thing out to us. That after all the revolution in sciences the earth still appears flat from where I sit watching the world.

I can go up and see the earth as a sphere if I want but it doesn’t produce any useful knowledge that helps anyone escape the flat earth predicament of man’s world on earth, under the sun.

So, man’s science is rather useless really.
Like at Babel when man set out to achieve the construction of a itty bitty tower on earth. Not a momentous achievement at all except to say, as a indicator of how the world will end up vainly striving against God on a lonely, lost planet, in some unknown region somewhere.

Might as well accept the flat earth view since nothing profound occurs when or after a man has had his head in the clouds, dreaming away his life.

Just saying.

M

Miri

I was watching "What on Earth" and it was documented an island just disappeared. Not under the ocean but a well documented, for over 100 years, island just disappeared. Granted this island was in the Bermuda Triangle. What do we really know about the Bermuda Triangle... Maybe it is the edge!?!

Maybe the earth is a giant toblorone and one piece got eaten! 😆

Musicus

Oct 26, 2017
God created the earth to present a flat earth view. The earth being a sphere and suspended on nothing doesn’t change the view God gave us.

Sure scientists present technical truth about physical objects and the behavior they exhibit. But science hasn’t changed a thing on earth except to multiply the evil of mankind. Man uses science to run faster around the earth, storing up information more voluminously, accumulating knowledge faster and ends up making man’s perception of the world flatter than it ever was before.

The flat earthier points this strange thing out to us. That after all the revolution in sciences the earth still appears flat from where I sit watching the world.

I can go up and see the earth as a sphere if I want but it doesn’t produce any useful knowledge that helps anyone escape the flat earth predicament of man’s world on earth, under the sun.

Like at Babel when man set out to achieve the construction of a itty bitty tower on earth. Not a momentous achievement at all except to say, as a indicator of how the world will end up vainly striving against God on a lonely, lost planet, in some unknown region somewhere.

Might as well accept the flat earth view since nothing profound occurs when or after a man has had his head in the clouds, dreaming away his life.

Just saying.
Reading Lamentations lately?:)

KDM1

Jun 9, 2018
I'm going to guess flat earthers have never been in a commercial aircraft. If you're up at least 37,000 feet you can see a slight curvature to the earth.
And they will "educate" you on their mantra answer that it is the window you are looking out of causing it to look that way.. LOL, when I tell them there was no window at 10 thousand feet when I jumped from a plane and it still had the curvature they didn't know what to say.

KDM1

Jun 9, 2018
Have you even seriously considered looking into it? Unbiased and wholeheartedly?

If not, then you cannot talk down on it because then it is you that ends up looking like a fool.
IF the earth were flat, there would be edges, and I can assure you there would be about 1 billion selfies from that edge by now.. there are not because the earth is quite clearly round, and those who have flown all the way around it and travelled all the way around it, some who I know, would have told someone otherwise if they could have gone no further.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

Just saying.
So I guess the science that led to the computer systems which allowed you to post this are useless?

Can you say, "Self-defeating argument", boys and girls?

A

AuntieAnt

Sorry that video is not accessible on this site. It is certainly a beautiful, phenomenal site.

To view it directly, just type into Google or YouTube this phrase:

NASA Live - Earth From Space (HDVR) ♥ ISS LIVE FEED #AstronomyDay2018

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
IF the earth were flat, there would be edges, and I can assure you there would be about 1 billion selfies from that edge by now.. there are not because the earth is quite clearly round, and those who have flown all the way around it and travelled all the way around it, some who I know, would have told someone otherwise if they could have gone no further.
The member you are replying to has stated in the past that the reason that no one has ever been to the edge is because it is a hard thing to do. Apparently, flat-liners lack ambition and sense of adventure. I'm sure that if the earth was flat that you and I pooling our own limited resources could get to the edge in less that a week. We'll tie ropes around us and drive a stake into the ground to prevent falling off the edge into parts unknown. Another excuse offered was that, even though no one has ever been to the edge it is known that there is no oxygen there. On the way there we'll stop at a dive shop and rent a couple tanks of oxygen so we won't be out of breath during the hard, arduous journey. You can do a selfie too if you chose, all I want to do is peek over the edge and enjoy the view. Not to worry though, since we are secured with ropes I won't be floating off into space. That would prove problematic.

Joseppi

Jan 4, 2018
Is the above image correct?

Note: perfect alignment of the sun onto the earth
Is that Australia to the North on left side the image?
If so, where is Antarctica?
If the image is perhaps reversed, then where are the Southern parts of Asia?

Maybe it’s not Australia? But then what?

Joseppi

Jan 4, 2018
Is the above image correct?

Note: perfect alignment of the sun onto the earth
The equator essentially must be right down the middle top to bottom.
So I’d like some clarification of where on earth the sun is shining in the image from the moon.

Joseppi

Jan 4, 2018
Also, I think the best argument that the earth is a sphere is that on a flat earth the North Star should be visible from all points not providing a close mountain range blocking the view.

J

J70x7

I am asking this question to people who believe the earth is a globe and to people who believe the earth is flat. With an unobstructed view, what is the furthest distance we should be able to see on earth?