Funny guy gets the woman?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
I always hear these words "I like someone who has good sense of humour" Humour matters more than good looks? which do you find more attractive in a man/woman? Good looks or good sense of humour?

Can a funny woman gets the guy too? Or it is only the other way around... 🤔

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
no the funny woman only gets the guy to laugh
the funny man cottons on to write childrens books and makes a zillion bucks so..maybe?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
By many people's account I am a pretty funny guy. I have never yet so much as been on a date.

Either that theory is wrong or all the people who say I am a funny guy are wrong.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
The guy with money and the hot looking lady typically wins in the dating game/marriage rituals.

Game over.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
The guy with money and the hot looking lady typically wins in the dating game/marriage rituals.

Game over.
Right. Because when you go out and look around all the married couples are hot and rich.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
I have friends who are good looking. When they were not married yet, well, they got plenty of admirers and some of them were quite good looking and have money but they ended up marrying the ones with great sense of humour and intelligence 🤔

I noticed funny people especially men get women's attention most of the time... And Personally they are nice to be around lol they can turn any dull moment into full of good laughs. 😅

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Humor does a few things for people.

1. Humor can make almost any bad situation more bearable. It indicates who may be more tolerable for the long haul, hahaha.

2. Humor brings out someone's essence in a way. The Mask is a loose allegory for how humor works it can take you and make a "super you" in a way. It makes you more attractive to some and more off-putting to others.

3. Humor is often an indicator of verbal intelligence. Verbally intelligent people are more likely to come off as confident and they're more likely to say the "right" thing. They also realize that saying the "right" thing is often a matter of chance and take more chances while meeting strangers.

Just a few thoughts. Dr. Des over and out.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
IMHO, a person who incites joyful laughter in others probably has some advantage, but ultimately, attraction is a highly personal thing, and any one trait is only part of the package.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
By many people's account I am a pretty funny guy. I have never yet so much as been on a date.

Either that theory is wrong or all the people who say I am a funny guy are wrong.
Something funny going on that's for sure.

May 25, 2015
I always hear these words "I like someone who has good sense of humour" Humour matters more than good looks? which do you find more attractive in a man/woman? Good looks or good sense of humour?

Can a funny woman gets the guy too? Or it is only the other way around... 🤔
I've always been kind of the person who tends to go for the humor. You could be so good looking, but if you don't have a sense of humor, I'm usually not game. There's more attributes I look for, but if we're just talking about good looks and good sense of humor - I'll go with good humor.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
The most effective strategy i have for making yourself appealing to women.

Only talk when absolutely needed, stay reserved and in thought during conversations, and don't be like a little kid and have extreme expressions.

Thats all it takes.

And for some reason I have no idea why, women will attribute to you personality traits you do not have but they want you to have.

Also no matter how stale your personality is, women will find you hilarious if they are attracted to you.

I have absolutely 0 funny bones in my body. I cannot make old women laugh, I cannot make children laugh, no one laughs at my jokes.... Except women who find me attractive. They turn into a hyena and it completely baffles me because we both know I'm not funny yet they laugh.

up

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
shy and nervous
to post in here :

oh!
just did😅

BTW, love new avatar picture so adorable
🤗

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Yeah, a big key is not trying and not being over-invested in every interaction. If you do try, make it look like you're not trying.

The most effective strategy i have for making yourself appealing to women.

Only talk when absolutely needed, stay reserved and in thought during conversations, and don't be like a little kid and have extreme expressions.

Thats all it takes.

And for some reason I have no idea why, women will attribute to you personality traits you do not have but they want you to have.

Also no matter how stale your personality is, women will find you hilarious if they are attracted to you.

I have absolutely 0 funny bones in my body. I cannot make old women laugh, I cannot make children laugh, no one laughs at my jokes.... Except women who find me attractive. They turn into a hyena and it completely baffles me because we both know I'm not funny yet they laugh.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
IMHO, a person who incites joyful laughter in others probably has some advantage, but ultimately, attraction is a highly personal thing, and any one trait is only part of the package.
Awesome thread, Kireina!

I have to agree with Dino -- humor is very attractive and something I would deem necessary, but it's only one part of the person.

Some people I've been around always seem to fuel their humor at the expense of other people's feelings. Now I'm sure we've all make a joke that we later had to apologize for because we hurt someone's feelings, but some people seem to only be able to "be funny" by making fun of others, and I don't want to be around that attitude (I'm more than enough of my own bad influence.)

There are also some people who are the life of the party, but can never take anything seriously. If anyone remembers the movie "Mrs. Doubtfire," there are a few critical scenes that illustrate this. Sally Fields plays a woman who is married to Robin Williams' character, and they are having serious marital problems. Every time she tries to talk to him about resolving their issues, he makes a joke, and eventually, she just gives up.

After they are divorced, she confides to Mrs. Doubtfire (Robin Williams in disguise) that one of the reasons she fell in love with her husband to begin with was because he made her laugh so much. But, "He never wanted to talk about anything serious, and after a few years, the jokes stopped being funny," as she found herself taking on all of their adult responsibilities alone.

I like to describe my personality as a "dichotomy." One half of my personality loves to quip and make jokes and try to get people to laugh and smile. The other half is bile black serious, and, as an example, I was watching a video earlier about "The Silence of the Lambs" because I've always had an interest in serial killers and trying to understand what makes people snap.

I've also always found it fascinating that many famous comedians admit to struggling with bipolar disorder and/or substance abuse, or that they grew up in terrible childhood conditions. What the general public doesn't realize is that they developed their humor as a shield from the reality they were facing, and the damaged, hurting person still exists under all of the jokes.

This is one of the reasons why I tend to make friends on the surface, but have a hard time forming deeper relationships. Most people want me to be one thing or the other, and certainly not both at the same time, so I basically have to chop off half of my personality in order to be around them. However, I also realize that it can cause great confusion and hurt feelings when I'm caught somewhere between my serious and silly moods (or hitting the "switch" tab continuously,) so I'm trying to work on that.

At the end of the day, I'd love to find someone who can find the humor in a serious situation, then also be able to turn around and have a deep discussion about what happened -- maybe even all in the same conversation.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
My husband has a great sense of humor...

And I really enjoy looking at him! Hehe.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
How about a well rounded person? A little of everything? Strong where I am weak and likes me for who I am?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
There are also some people who are the life of the party, but can never take anything seriously. If anyone remembers the movie "Mrs. Doubtfire," there are a few critical scenes that illustrate this. Sally Fields plays a woman who is married to Robin Williams' character, and they are having serious marital problems. Every time she tries to talk to him about resolving their issues, he makes a joke, and eventually, she just gives up.

After they are divorced, she confides to Mrs. Doubtfire (Robin Williams in disguise) that one of the reasons she fell in love with her husband to begin with was because he made her laugh so much. But, "He never wanted to talk about anything serious, and after a few years, the jokes stopped being funny," as she found herself taking on all of their adult responsibilities alone.
I just wonder if Robin Williams wrote those lines himself...

I remember a talk show with him as the guest. The topic of psychologists came up, and the host asked if it was tough for him to visit one without holding all the serious subjects at bay by cracking jokes. Robin said, "Well eventually you have to get down to serious talk, or you have to ask yourself "What's the point of coming here?"