Fustrating ..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 26, 2017
Dear mama, I feel for you. It is not easy to be a mother with the fruit of the Holy Spirit. And that is why I need my redeemer & savior everyday. It is truly a lifelong calling to minister to our family and I'm grateful for that. Our good good Father God never requires us to be perfect, but just to be faithful. I'm sure you are faithful in many of your ways and blessing your family the best as you can. Well done good & faithful servant! Cast your anxious thoughts to Him and He will cover you with His unfathomable peace each day. Big hug to you sister!
Thank you for understanding. I definitely want to be more faithful...thank you for your encouragement! I really appreciate it!

Dec 26, 2017
And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary has chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her (Luke 18:41-42).

Amen! God Bless

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
You may not like this but welcome to LIFE!!!! Working, some of us 40 hours, taking care of children, family, laundry, dinner, grocery shopping, balancing the books, going to the pharmacy, cleaning house,... everything that equals 80+ hours a week. Oh ya try working overtime to make those books ballance... Me time is STUPID THIS GENERATION LOAD OF CRAP!!! WELL, UNLESS YOU'RE ON THE TOILET... Truthfully not even then because someone wants something and you have to yeal hold on I'm BUSY... G-d gives grace.... In fact His Word says, His grace is abounding to me at all times. If you think G-d is going to take away your Salvation you have theological issues... The real deal is He is closer than a brother to you, He is the lover of your soul, and Daddy is well Daddy... The I AM... EVERYTHING YOU NEED HIM TO BE IN THE MOMENT YOU NEED IT!!!!! AND HE NEVER FAILS!!!!!!

M

MissCris

You may not like this but welcome to LIFE!!!! Working, some of us 40 hours, taking care of children, family, laundry, dinner, grocery shopping, balancing the books, going to the pharmacy, cleaning house,... everything that equals 80+ hours a week. Oh ya try working overtime to make those books ballance... Me time is STUPID THIS GENERATION LOAD OF CRAP!!! WELL, UNLESS YOU'RE ON THE TOILET... Truthfully not even then because someone wants something and you have to yeal hold on I'm BUSY... G-d gives grace.... In fact His Word says, His grace is abounding to me at all times. If you think G-d is going to take away your Salvation you have theological issues... The real deal is He is closer than a brother to you, He is the lover of your soul, and Daddy is well Daddy... The I AM... EVERYTHING YOU NEED HIM TO BE IN THE MOMENT YOU NEED IT!!!!! AND HE NEVER FAILS!!!!!!
I didn’t see anyone say anything about needing “me time”. Well, I mentioned finding five minutes to have a shower, but bathing is just as much a service to those around us as it is a small break for ourselves ;)

Dec 26, 2017
I understand that it's life.... Im just venting as well....Me time? I never said I needed that...or ask of that...thank yoU for reminding me ofGods grace I do sometimes forget. Thank you for replying God Bless you :)

stand2

Dec 6, 2017
I remember Mom saying "you can raise 6 kids as easy as one". Now what magic formula did she have ? (lol). She raised nine of her own and God only knows how many others passed through the farm in all those years.......and I never heard my mother complain. My only explanation for this is, she really....really loved God. She prayed faithfully and happily went about her work each day. She saw each of her children as a blessing from God. I am painting a rosy picture, but actually, life was very hard at times. There were serious illnesses and injuries along with financial hardships..........and still Mom kept praying, smiling and praising God. Father in Heaven, we pray for the strength needed every day to do all we can in the best way we can. Bless us with a happy heart as we face the chores of life. We ask you grant us patience that we may see the "good" in all things. We ask all these things in Jesus' Holy Name..............AMEN............Stan.

Dec 26, 2017
I remember Mom saying "you can raise 6 kids as easy as one". Now what magic formula did she have ? (lol). She raised nine of her own and God only knows how many others passed through the farm in all those years.......and I never heard my mother complain. My only explanation for this is, she really....really loved God. She prayed faithfully and happily went about her work each day. She saw each of her children as a blessing from God. I am painting a rosy picture, but actually, life was very hard at times. There were serious illnesses and injuries along with financial hardships..........and still Mom kept praying, smiling and praising God. Father in Heaven, we pray for the strength needed every day to do all we can in the best way we can. Bless us with a happy heart as we face the chores of life. We ask you grant us patience that we may see the "good" in all things. We ask all these things in Jesus' Holy Name..............AMEN............Stan.
Amen! Thank you for your reply. Yes they are blessings truly. I thank God for them all, I just get overwhelmed. God Bless you

Nov 26, 2012
As a father of four competitive athletes, who has ran the gauntlet for almost 20 years now, here are some tips;
1. Get only one type of socks, per colour. White, black and whatever. You will lose hours and your mind sorting through the sock basket wondering where the matches went.

2.If it’s not dirty, it’s not dirty. When the kids throw their clothes in the wash, if it’s not dirty I just refold it. Towels that haven’t been used more than once go straight to the drier. They don’t know and after a year of telling them to hang up their towels, I don’t care.

3. Food is food. I’m not blaming June Cleaver (a character from an old tv show) for setting an unattainable standard, but I’m not saying she’s innocent. Each night their family would sit around a perfectly set table as she would happily serve her family a delicious meal while everyone eats every morsel without complaint. Spending more time in arenas and dance studios, than in our house, causes nutrition to be a challenge. Every Sunday I make a pot of chili, or stew, or speghetti sauce and a pot of soup. This becomes the meals on the go or quick meals. We usually have cooked chicken breast in the fridge that can be used in salad or topped with salsa and cheese, chicken fried rice or a sandwich. By nature we are hunter gatherers, a cheese string, baby carrots and hummus, even just a piece of fruit is enough to get by. In all honesty the body’s digestion functions better when you eat only one type of food at a time. Protein and fats or carbs, not together.

4. Remember Christ said if something causes you to sin get rid of it. Pluck out your eye, cut off your hand.....cross off unnecessary “to dos” from the list. Don’t make the cupcakes just because Billy’s mom did. They only liked Billy more for about a couple of hours. Way too much time spent these days doing things that don’t need to be done, while we struggle. So don’t major in the minor things.

5. Don’t do for your kids what they can do for themselves. When my wife went to work full time I told my kids they needed to make their own lunches. The first week was bumpy getting into routines, they didn’t pack them as I or my my wife would. At the same time there wasn’t as much coming back home at the end of the day either.

6. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Kids screw up, do stupid stuff and will embarrass you. My good friend texted me while I was away at a hockey tournament and asked why my younger son (12) was in front of his church with his pants pulled down. Obviously, I was baffled. When I asked my son about the incident, apparently he and his friends were talking about underwear (for whatever reason) and he pulled down his jogging pants and said, “I’m Batman!” It wasn’t a shining moment in parent history but it’s a funny story. That’s all we are going to have one day, stories. Kids aren’t going to remember how hard we worked, as much as they will remember how hard we laughed. Our family laughs hard.

There’s a couple tips to keep you in the game. Are you aware that in the 1950s, doctors prescribed amphetamines (speed) to moms to keep them going. Mamas little helpers, they called them, inspiring the Beatles song. Back then we should have opened our eyes to the unnecessary stressors and unachievable expectations placed on our women. Last tip, don’t get sucked into social media like “Bragbook”. They are addictive like food and sex, filling your brain with the same chemicals. That “like” button seriously triggers the humans need for acceptance to be fulfilled. Serotonin and dopamine are released just like eating sugar and sex. As well, it causes people to compare their hot mess to the photoshopped lives of others. Be blessed, you’re doing awesome.

Dec 26, 2017
As a father of four competitive athletes, who has ran the gauntlet for almost 20 years now, here are some tips;
1. Get only one type of socks, per colour. White, black and whatever. You will lose hours and your mind sorting through the sock basket wondering where the matches went.

2.If it’s not dirty, it’s not dirty. When the kids throw their clothes in the wash, if it’s not dirty I just refold it. Towels that haven’t been used more than once go straight to the drier. They don’t know and after a year of telling them to hang up their towels, I don’t care.

3. Food is food. I’m not blaming June Cleaver (a character from an old tv show) for setting an unattainable standard, but I’m not saying she’s innocent. Each night their family would sit around a perfectly set table as she would happily serve her family a delicious meal while everyone eats every morsel without complaint. Spending more time in arenas and dance studios, than in our house, causes nutrition to be a challenge. Every Sunday I make a pot of chili, or stew, or speghetti sauce and a pot of soup. This becomes the meals on the go or quick meals. We usually have cooked chicken breast in the fridge that can be used in salad or topped with salsa and cheese, chicken fried rice or a sandwich. By nature we are hunter gatherers, a cheese string, baby carrots and hummus, even just a piece of fruit is enough to get by. In all honesty the body’s digestion functions better when you eat only one type of food at a time. Protein and fats or carbs, not together.

4. Remember Christ said if something causes you to sin get rid of it. Pluck out your eye, cut off your hand.....cross off unnecessary “to dos” from the list. Don’t make the cupcakes just because Billy’s mom did. They only liked Billy more for about a couple of hours. Way too much time spent these days doing things that don’t need to be done, while we struggle. So don’t major in the minor things.

5. Don’t do for your kids what they can do for themselves. When my wife went to work full time I told my kids they needed to make their own lunches. The first week was bumpy getting into routines, they didn’t pack them as I or my my wife would. At the same time there wasn’t as much coming back home at the end of the day either.

6. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Kids screw up, do stupid stuff and will embarrass you. My good friend texted me while I was away at a hockey tournament and asked why my younger son (12) was in front of his church with his pants pulled down. Obviously, I was baffled. When I asked my son about the incident, apparently he and his friends were talking about underwear (for whatever reason) and he pulled down his jogging pants and said, “I’m Batman!” It wasn’t a shining moment in parent history but it’s a funny story. That’s all we are going to have one day, stories. Kids aren’t going to remember how hard we worked, as much as they will remember how hard we laughed. Our family laughs hard.

There’s a couple tips to keep you in the game. Are you aware that in the 1950s, doctors prescribed amphetamines (speed) to moms to keep them going. Mamas little helpers, they called them, inspiring the Beatles song. Back then we should have opened our eyes to the unnecessary stressors and unachievable expectations placed on our women. Last tip, don’t get sucked into social media like “Bragbook”. They are addictive like food and sex, filling your brain with the same chemicals. That “like” button seriously triggers the humans need for acceptance to be fulfilled. Serotonin and dopamine are released just like eating sugar and sex. As well, it causes people to compare their hot mess to the photoshopped lives of others. Be blessed, you’re doing awesome.

Thank you for the tips! Yes it's like they are 1 and 2, about 16 months apart. One has therapy for a speech delay so I'm always doing. His therapy. They are also picky at times(I'm assuming is normal for their ages). I try to have them help me with different things like sticking a shirt in the basket or washer to be a helper. But then I look and toys and baby dolls go to lol also they are in the fridge lol

I was laughing very hard about Your son and his underwear, kids are so funny. I guess I see other people seem to hve t together or not to struggle and be overwhelmed. I see I was wrong. Thank you for the encouragement and advice again

Nov 26, 2012
Thank you for the tips! Yes it's like they are 1 and 2, about 16 months apart. One has therapy for a speech delay so I'm always doing. His therapy. They are also picky at times(I'm assuming is normal for their ages). I try to have them help me with different things like sticking a shirt in the basket or washer to be a helper. But then I look and toys and baby dolls go to lol also they are in the fridge lol

I was laughing very hard about Your son and his underwear, kids are so funny. I guess I see other people seem to hve t together or not to struggle and be overwhelmed. I see I was wrong. Thank you for the encouragement and advice again
Those are challenging years. What sucks is we live life forward but only learn looking in reverse. All I can tell you is that it doesn’t get easier, it just gets to be a different kind of hard. You will get accustomed to chaos. I had to go out of town for work a few years ago. When I would return everybody seemed crazy and the house was chaotic. I realized after awhile the only difference was me. I would step off the treadmill for a bit and when the plane touched down, I had to hit the ground running. When the kids were younger I would say, “I can’t wait until they are older, and when they are out of diapers, or when this stage passes, or looking forward to them going to school to get a break. It’s a mindset that prevents you from living in the present. I lost a lot of “could have been” special moments wrapped up in my negative outlook instead of cherishing each and every minute. I would give a fortune to have just one more of those hugs that lasted forever because the kids didn’t want me to go back to doing my chores. I should have played longer, and gone for more walks without purpose. Still I find myself doing more than I should knowing in a few years this season will end.

Side note: give your kids laundry basket rides through the house. It’s fun for them and great for the glutes.

Dec 26, 2017
Those are challenging years. What sucks is we live life forward but only learn looking in reverse. All I can tell you is that it doesn’t get easier, it just gets to be a different kind of hard. You will get accustomed to chaos. I had to go out of town for work a few years ago. When I would return everybody seemed crazy and the house was chaotic. I realized after awhile the only difference was me. I would step off the treadmill for a bit and when the plane touched down, I had to hit the ground running. When the kids were younger I would say, “I can’t wait until they are older, and when they are out of diapers, or when this stage passes, or looking forward to them going to school to get a break. It’s a mindset that prevents you from living in the present. I lost a lot of “could have been” special moments wrapped up in my negative outlook instead of cherishing each and every minute. I would give a fortune to have just one more of those hugs that lasted forever because the kids didn’t want me to go back to doing my chores. I should have played longer, and gone for more walks without purpose. Still I find myself doing more than I should knowing in a few years this season will end.

Side note: give your kids laundry basket rides through the house. It’s fun for them and great for the glutes.
Thank you! I appreciate that seriously. I will do a lot better cherishing every moment. They are stuck to my hip it's so funny lol accept when you need to use the restroom or need a shower.

I will definitely be doing the laundry basket ride! Thank you!

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
I feel myself getting so frustrated with them because I feel I can't get enough done. I get so frustrated I feel the Lord will take my salvation... or that I'm loosing my faith... with being so overwhelmed...how did you get through it?
I've been overwhelmed with responsibilities, frustration is a natural emotional response. But having a 3 day per week job and one child shouldn't over-burden you, it sounds like your frustration is coming from something else (wanting more)? Study people who have twice your workload and learn how they cope. Copy what makes them more efficient, how they prioritize and schedule things, and cut nonessential things out of their life. God will not take what He has promised (salvation), its the one thing in life we can count on. Just don't surrender your faith.

Dec 26, 2017
I've been overwhelmed with responsibilities, frustration is a natural emotional response. But having a 3 day per week job and one child shouldn't over-burden you, it sounds like your frustration is coming from something else (wanting more)? Study people who have twice your workload and learn how they cope. Copy what makes them more efficient, how they prioritize and schedule things, and cut nonessential things out of their life. God will not take what He has promised (salvation), its the one thing in life we can count on. Just don't surrender your faith.

Thank you for that encouragement! I feel insecure at times about my faith that it isn't as great as others .. or strong as I want it to be

Feb 28, 2016
Christ's Love is the KEY to all of our situations as we are growing up along
with our children and all those whom Jesus puts into our lives = READ what
He has instructed us to do in each and every situation, since you have asked...
He will never disappoint you, if you obey His teachings instead of the worlds...

Dec 26, 2017
Christ's Love is the KEY to all of our situations as we are growing up along
with our children and all those whom Jesus puts into our lives = READ what
He has instructed us to do in each and every situation, since you have asked...
He will never disappoint you, if you obey His teachings instead of the worlds...
Amen. I agree

D

Depleted

And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary has chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her (Luke 18:41-42).

LOL

All I can imagine is if wives/mothers/women only sit at Jesus' feet 24/7, as you describe, what the husband, children, and house will look like in a month's time.

Seriously, Jesus was there at that moment. He was not telling Martha to sit at his feet forever. Even Mary got to the dishes once Jesus left that day.

D

Depleted

Me-time has a biblical phrase for it -- Sabbath Rest.

D

Depleted

I didn’t see anyone say anything about needing “me time”. Well, I mentioned finding five minutes to have a shower, but bathing is just as much a service to those around us as it is a small break for ourselves ;)
You can take a shower in five minutes?

That hormonal change during pregnancy really sticks around, huh? And I thought I was fast at 15 minutes. lol