His Mercy completely blows away the dirt.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
OK.

You are all blind.

I probably wouldn't drink if any of you would open your eyes and see!

But, as it is, I am alone.

You seem to all think it is OK to eat cake while other people are LITERALLY dying for lack of food.

Imagine you had a Father, and you had plenty of food, but your brother didn't have enough, but you kept saying "Father, you are wonderful!". What do you think your Father would think?

OPEN YOUR EYES!!!
I believe that you have an empathic nature and that is a very good spiritual quality to have but also a great burden as you can readily see and feel the pain of others. It does say in the bible though that we all have our cross to bear.

Feb 24, 2019
I sometimes eat cake. Ain't nothing wrong with that. Plus, how am I supposed to give the cake to someone who is starving? Like where would I find these people? Also, just because some people are starving, doesn't mean we need to give up our cake. Sure, we could donate to charities or churches that help starving children. But eating cake isn't a sin.
And why do you drink beer if you could spend all that money (which is a lot for beer) on starving people?
You fools, 'Raca'.
You dummies!
God is a muppet!!!

I gave up everything to serve God.
I have 3 young children I almost never see because I put Love first.
I have no friends and seldom see any family because I put Love first.
I fought the Good Fight, I ran the race, and now I have a crown of Life laid up before me, because I put Love first.

Today, I was wearing my 'Jesus' T-Shirt and a troubled-man came up to me and asked if I was a Christian and I told him "GOD LOVES YOU!!!"
And I can call God a muppet without any fear because I KNOW He can see the thoughts and intents of my heart.

Get Real!!! you fools and you dummies!!!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Well phooey. I was hoping for "chowderhead." I'm hungry and a bowl of chowder would be great right about now.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Well phooey. I was hoping for "chowderhead." I'm hungry and a bowl of chowder would be great right about now.
I had some White Castle sliders earlier this afternoon. I am down with the chowder too, whether corn or clam. Gonna eat a generous slice of a frozen coconut Pepperidge Farms cake later tonight too. I do feel bad about the starving children in Africa though but seriously, not eating cake will do absolutely nothing to feed the hungry.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
And, will you marry me?
Hey, sweet-heart, I've learned kung fu, so I don't really need Christ.
But,
if, you'd like to get married, I haven't got much planned for the rest of my life. :)
Hi Paul,

I've read some of your other posts around the forum and I know you're going through a rough time being separated from your wife and children.

I'm really sorry about that, but as a Christian, wouldn't you want to see a sister in Christ treated with respect and as the lady she is, instead of just hurling drunken proposals at her?

I just caught up on the thread and saw that the tone in your posts has only become more hostile and aggressive... I think you have a good heart, but as said in another post, you can't criticize people for eating "cake" and not feeding the hungry while you're chugging beer with little regard for the consequences (such as the posts you're making in this thread) and not following your own admonitions.

Alcohol consumption, when not regulated or tempered, can truly be a demon in someone's life and I pray you get a hold of its grip before it results in worse things than slinging insults at strangers on the internet.

Did the alcohol play a part in what happened to separate your family? I'm truly sorry, and hope you will seek out the right resources that can help you.

Feb 24, 2019
Hi Paul,

I've read some of your other posts around the forum and I know you're going through a rough time being separated from your wife and children.

I'm really sorry about that, but as a Christian, wouldn't you want to see a sister in Christ treated with respect and as the lady she is, instead of just hurling drunken proposals at her?

I just caught up on the thread and saw that the tone in your posts has only become more hostile and aggressive... I think you have a good heart, but as said in another post, you can't criticize people for eating "cake" and not feeding the hungry while you're chugging beer with little regard for the consequences (such as the posts you're making in this thread) and not following your own admonitions.

Alcohol consumption, when not regulated or tempered, can truly be a demon in someone's life and I pray you get a hold of its grip before it results in worse things than slinging insults at strangers on the internet.

Did the alcohol play a part in what happened to separate your family? I'm truly sorry, and hope you will seek out the right resources that can help you.
OK. First of all, thank you for your kindness.
I use "cake" as a metaphor for 'indulgence.
Beer really isn't an indulgence for me, its a necessity.
It helps me cope, living among 8-billion souls who think cake, while others are starving, is OK.
Mankind will never become One, to the glory of God, while you are all eating cake.

Forgive me anyone who has been offended by my posts in this thread.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
OK. First of all, thank you for your kindness.
I use "cake" as a metaphor for 'indulgence.
Beer really isn't an indulgence for me, its a necessity.
It helps me cope, living among 8-billion souls who think cake, while others are starving, is OK.
Mankind will never become One, to the glory of God, while you are all eating cake.

Forgive me anyone who has been offended by my posts in this thread.
Ok, so you're saying that you are troubled by everyone else eating cake (indulging) while others are starving, but you also say that beer isn't an indulgence for you, but rather, a "necessity"... which pretty much says it all.

I'm truly sorry that you're having such a hard time coping. I know life throws a lot of unwanted situations at all of us, and it's easy to feel there is no one to turn to, even (and sometimes especially) when you're a Christian.

I'm honestly sad for everything you are experiencing. I hope that when you come back and read these posts when you are sober (or at least, more sober than right now), you will be inspired to make a call, visit a center or local church, reach out, go wherever you have to go--to seek out the resources and others who can help you adjust in healthier ways.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
OK. I'm a little bit drunk. But 'mercy' is nonsense. You have to KNOW that.

And, 'Justice', is nonsense too, and no part of Love.

And, nobody 'deserves the pits of hell'!

Why don't you jump on a plane and fly to England and I'll buy you a coffee.

:)
You probably shouldn't come on here when you're drunk.

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016
May we grasp the nectar of sweetness that comes with His Mercy.

I have known great internal torment, suffering and pain. As most who are blessed enough to breath also know. He who is given much also is expected much. I have been on the receiving end of beatings, of many kinds, dealt with lots of loss and much more. I reckon many, if not all, of you have too. I have also made many choices that were destructive to my well-being, and more unfortunately, to others. Oh me oh my, I am so guilty.

I fall to my knees when I think about His Grace. I mean really, can you think of anything as valuable and precious as His forgiveness? The One who created us is the only One with the true power to wash us clean. Do you ever start to go down guilt lane, all those winding roads of regret and shame, leading to a cliff of utter doom? There is another road that is filled with scenery beyond the sweetest landscape you can imagine, to destinations beyond your greatest thrill. It is fresh and it is clean and what's even sweeter is knowing the way is not through having all the direction. You can now sit in the passenger's seat and just get to know the driver.

Feel His mercy, know His pardon, walk in His victory and then feel the change. Take on His estate and keep moving forward, not backwards. Don't you see... His forgiveness is a gift that leads to a life well lived and well loved, because it is beyond ourselves. I am so grateful. He is so good and His forgiveness leads to a heart full of love and mercy, producing fruits that are evident and so beautiful because they are His paid forward. Love does, and we see that in Him and His work and action of Grace.

May our lives, each and every breath, reflect His Mercy and may we rejoice in His fullness in all that we say, think and do.
Well written and expressed with great honesty. Regardless of where
we are in our lives, we can always get better with Christ. He is always
wit us and those who would say "God abandoned me" are saying they
abandoned Him. He gives us all His gifts but if we don't accept them
then it is our problem. I admire your acceptance and understanding
of redemption. God doesn't ask us to be the best but that we should
be the best we can be. We keep trying without ceasing and beautiful
things come to us. God bless you and sit in His arms of endless joy.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
May we grasp the nectar of sweetness that comes with His Mercy.

I have known great internal torment, suffering and pain. As most who are blessed enough to breath also know. He who is given much also is expected much. I have been on the receiving end of beatings, of many kinds, dealt with lots of loss and much more. I reckon many, if not all, of you have too. I have also made many choices that were destructive to my well-being, and more unfortunately, to others. Oh me oh my, I am so guilty.

I fall to my knees when I think about His Grace. I mean really, can you think of anything as valuable and precious as His forgiveness? The One who created us is the only One with the true power to wash us clean. Do you ever start to go down guilt lane, all those winding roads of regret and shame, leading to a cliff of utter doom? There is another road that is filled with scenery beyond the sweetest landscape you can imagine, to destinations beyond your greatest thrill. It is fresh and it is clean and what's even sweeter is knowing the way is not through having all the direction. You can now sit in the passenger's seat and just get to know the driver.

Feel His mercy, know His pardon, walk in His victory and then feel the change. Take on His estate and keep moving forward, not backwards. Don't you see... His forgiveness is a gift that leads to a life well lived and well loved, because it is beyond ourselves. I am so grateful. He is so good and His forgiveness leads to a heart full of love and mercy, producing fruits that are evident and so beautiful because they are His paid forward. Love does, and we see that in Him and His work and action of Grace.

May our lives, each and every breath, reflect His Mercy and may we rejoice in His fullness in all that we say, think and do.

I feel ya, sister, from the male equivalent to what and where you've been. Praise God we are His today!

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Well written and expressed with great honesty. Regardless of where
we are in our lives, we can always get better with Christ. He is always
wit us and those who would say "God abandoned me" are saying they
abandoned Him. He gives us all His gifts but if we don't accept them
then it is our problem. I admire your acceptance and understanding
of redemption. God doesn't ask us to be the best but that we should
be the best we can be. We keep trying without ceasing and beautiful
things come to us. God bless you and sit in His arms of endless joy.
I concur.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
You fools, 'Raca'.
You dummies!
God is a muppet!!!

I gave up everything to serve God.
I have 3 young children I almost never see because I put Love first.
I have no friends and seldom see any family because I put Love first.
I fought the Good Fight, I ran the race, and now I have a crown of Life laid up before me, because I put Love first.

Today, I was wearing my 'Jesus' T-Shirt and a troubled-man came up to me and asked if I was a Christian and I told him "GOD LOVES YOU!!!"
And I can call God a muppet without any fear because I KNOW He can see the thoughts and intents of my heart.

Get Real!!! you fools and you dummies!!!
I have been praying for you. God gave me a strong command to do so, so know that He loves you enough to command me to pray for you!

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I have been praying for you. God gave me a strong command to do so, so know that He loves you enough to command me to pray for you!
I don't know your hurts and pains, but God does. I've had many throughout my life, and God has healed them all. I'm no one special, so if God can do that for me, he can do it for you. If He would do that for me, I believe He will do that for you.