How To Be Un-Saved

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Chester

May 23, 2016
I have heard people say they have known people who stop believing. Can you tell my why, or what they stopped believing? 0r why YOU think we can lose faith?
I have a brother-in-law who made a clear confession of Christ, believed in Him, and his joy and peace were evident, and his life changed.

It was a gradual shift, influence from wrong places, etc. -- now he is a clear agnostic, atheist, etc. - all mixed up - no profession or hint of believing or wanting to believe in Christ.

For me to say he is a believer going to heaven -- ??? He does not believe . . .
For me to say he was not ever a believer?? He sure seemed like one who made a real change - of heart and of action - of course I realize God, not man is the judge. But to say he could not have been a believer is passing judgment: something that only God can do.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I have a brother-in-law who made a clear confession of Christ, believed in Him, and his joy and peace were evident, and his life changed.

It was a gradual shift, influence from wrong places, etc. -- now he is a clear agnostic, atheist, etc. - all mixed up - no profession or hint of believing or wanting to believe in Christ.

For me to say he was not ever a believer?? He sure seemed like one who made a real change - of heart and of action - of course I realize God, not man is the judge. But to say he could not have been a believer is passing judgment: something that only God can do.
Then stop judging him and start praying for him.

Mt 13:22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

Unfruitful is not unsaved.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

E

eternally-gratefull

So in other words, He is an anti-christ. (according to Johns defenition, not EG's defenition)

1 John 2:
[SUP]22 [/SUP]Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. [SUP]23 [/SUP]Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

And also, I understand you THINK he really believed, But I KNOW people who made it appear they believed also, because they stopped a few sins for a time, and even tried to play this church stuff. But I can only go by what John says,

[SUP]18 [/SUP]Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the[SUP][c][/SUP] Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. [SUP]19 [/SUP]They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

According to John, your brother was never saved, Period.

I agree, You and I have no right to pass judgment, But I think John has the ability to pass judgment, as he was inspired by God, and he did He said IF your brother departed, and and now Denys the father and the son, he was never saved, period.

you can question me all you want, I am just a person you never met, But I pray you listen to John, He was a man who wrote 5 books of scripture and walked with Jesus for three years.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
Are we to believe an absolute unknown?

I don't know who he is, neither can I get on the site he's posting on.

Disqus is a service where one can post comments on various websites. As a user, you have the option of keeping your posting history private. CS Berean has that setting. He's simply a person, like you and I, who posts comments. I don't know the guy from Adam.

Frankly, I don't know why you're getting so bent out of shape regarding the guy who posted it originally.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him,
we shall also live with him:
12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him:
if we deny him, he also will deny us:
13 If we believe not, yet he abides faithful:
he cannot deny himself.
2Timothy 2:

38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back,
my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition;
but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.
Hebrew 10:

D

Depleted

Are we to believe an absolute unknown?

I don't know who he is, neither can I get on the site he's posting on.
Dude, you really have to get over yourself. There is NOT a spy behind every bush, there isn't a creep behind every post, and frankly. you're become the creep for asking constantly without bothering to look first.

"Deal with it."

https://disqus.com/by/CSBerean/

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Make sure you read promises correctly: The promise in John 6:37 is given to those who are believing and are coming to Christ. It is not given to those who are not believing. He never casts out those who are believing in Him.

Yes let's read it properly

John 4:13-14

13 Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”

John 6:35-40

35 And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.
36 But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe.
37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.
38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.
39 This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.
40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

D

Depleted

The only thing I learned is that Deade & Depleated are in agreement with OSAS/hyper-grace by putting their "likes" on the Op.
And lying about people isn't winning you admiration or respect. (Considering you've got as little understand of OSAS and hyper-grace as a toad.)

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through
the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ,
they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is
worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of
righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the
holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb,
The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was
washed to her wallowing in the mire.
2Peter 2:

E

eternally-gratefull

Disqus is a service where one can post comments on various websites. As a user, you have the option of keeping your posting history private. CS Berean has that setting. He's simply a person, like you and I, who posts comments. I don't know the guy from Adam.

Frankly, I don't know why you're getting so bent out of shape regarding the guy who posted it originally.
sadly some people can not argue with truth, so they have to go around and discredit people who disagree with them, because it is all they have.

Since he can not argue with the things the person says, he has to go after his character or discredit him.

E

eternally-gratefull

11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him,
we shall also live with him:
12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him:
if we deny him, he also will deny us:
13 If we believe not, yet he abides faithful:
he cannot deny himself.
2Timothy 2:

38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back,
my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition;
but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.
Hebrew 10:
Who are we? Those who truly believe, as apposed to those who just give lip service, but never really believed.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
The only thing I learned is that Deade & Depleated are in agreement with OSAS/hyper-grace by putting their "likes" on the Op.
Why do you pick on only 2 people when 7 people liked the OP?

Sep 14, 2017

So you quoted someone you didn't know from Adam and we're just gonna believe it?

OK. That means I can do that too.

Don't cry that you don't know the people I post.:)

N

NoNameMcgee

i take it you're believer of the flimsy grace doctrine and putting your faith in an incomplete sacrifice where you need to heap your own works on top of the cross to earn salvation?

D

Depleted

Why do you pick on only 2 people when 7 people liked the OP?
Considering I just went into full-blown rant against OSAS a couple of days ago, can't say that's the only question I have of him. lol

Chester

May 23, 2016
So in other words, He is an anti-christ. (according to Johns defenition, not EG's defenition)

1 John 2:
[SUP]22 [/SUP]Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. [SUP]23 [/SUP]Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

And also, I understand you THINK he really believed, But I KNOW people who made it appear they believed also, because they stopped a few sins for a time, and even tried to play this church stuff. But I can only go by what John says,

[SUP]18 [/SUP]Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the[SUP][c][/SUP] Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. [SUP]19 [/SUP]They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

According to John, your brother was never saved, Period.

I agree, You and I have no right to pass judgment, But I think John has the ability to pass judgment, as he was inspired by God, and he did He said IF your brother departed, and and now Denys the father and the son, he was never saved, period.

you can question me all you want, I am just a person you never met, But I pray you listen to John, He was a man who wrote 5 books of scripture and walked with Jesus for three years.
So if you or I go the same route as my brother-in-law and wind up as a rebellious agnostic or atheist, that is evidence that we were never truly saved?

Or maybe neither you nor I have the moral capability to become a "rebellious agnostic or atheist"?

N

NoNameMcgee

Considering I just went into full-blown rant against OSAS a couple of days ago, can't say that's the only question I have of him. lol
wait a second

do you believe born again believers can lose salvation?

i may have to ask for that invite to my birthday party back

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Ooh I didn't see that rant.

What thread was it on?

E

eternally-gratefull

i take it you're believer of the flimsy grace doctrine and putting your faith in an incomplete sacrifice where you need to heap your own works on top of the cross to earn salvation?
well he believes your not washed and still in sin until you allow some man to immerse you in water, if that helps any.