If Women Can't Have Authority Over Men in the Church, Why Are They Expected to Teach in School?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
The calling of a woman is to become a supporter. While men are to become leaders. A supporter is not an inferior role or a despicable role. God designed the supporter role because man will not be able to fulfill his destiny or the will of God by himself.

In marriage, if the man is worthy, the wife becomes his helper. If he is not worthy, she will be against him. That is why the wife is so loud and becomes a nagger. That is her way of helping the man or reminding the man to fulfill his destiny. That does not necessarily mean that the wife is trying to lead the man. If the wife is not behaving the way God designed her, the husband must evaluate if he is being a worthy leader. If the wife is trying to lead the husband she is not conforming to God's will and the marriage is doomed.

A marriage is just a small institution. If a man can't lead his wife, how can he lead a church? And the wife is subject to the leadership of her husband. So the church is meant to be led by a man in my opinion, since a single woman's capacity to lead a church is most likely questionable.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
The calling of a woman is to become a supporter. While men are to become leaders. A supporter is not an inferior role or a despicable role. God designed the supporter role because man will not be able to fulfill his destiny or the will of God by himself.

In marriage, if the man is worthy, the wife becomes his helper. If he is not worthy, she will be against him. That is why the wife is so loud and becomes a nagger. That is her way of helping the man or reminding the man to fulfill his destiny. That does not necessarily mean that the wife is trying to lead the man. If the wife is not behaving the way God designed her, the husband must evaluate if he is being a worthy leader. If the wife is trying to lead the husband she is not conforming to God's will and the marriage is doomed.

A marriage is just a small institution. If a man can't lead his wife, how can he lead a church? And the wife is subject to the leadership of her husband. So the church is meant to be led by a man in my opinion, since a single woman's capacity to lead a church is most likely questionable.

Amen and they will know where each others hearts are in that house because they will put the farm set together. She will cook the meals and arrange the pictures on the wall and look at curtains at the mall. He will go to work and make sure the tires are good and the windshield wipers aren't worn out and mow the grass so snakes don't bite the kids .It's simple to tell if ones in love because they wont think about the farm set much and the mower wont matter or the curtains one of the two.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I'm not sure what the answer is to this, but I am sure of one thing; Underlying attitudes and motives are what Christ is mainly concerned with. He is the discerner of men's and women's hearts.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I think that's correct in that mankind several years back set fort laws that curbed many peoples thinking as to equality in the work places and changed the roles of men and women.
Could you unpack that please? I'm not sure that I'm following you. I thought we were talking about roles in the church.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
It is interesting to note that it was Paul who said that he does not permit women to speak in church but nowhere does it say that God does not permit it. I believe that Paul was merely stating his personal preference based on the culture and traditions of that era. What is it scripturally, that makes a man eminently more qualified to hold positions of leadership in a church setting than a woman? A lot of Paul's writing is obviously his own personal opinion but perhaps not binding in a spiritual sense in all instances and situations.
I think that is an important point to bring up.

Like the whole of 1 Corinthians chapter 7. I mean this could easily be taken a lot of different ways in regard to opinion/command. At least it is specified in a few instances. Even the strong encouragement for virgins is a little iffy for me. Always has caused some odd personal issues with whether I should get married or not. I won't get into it, but taking in starting a family and declining celibacy is according to paul undesirable...and it's always confused my views on the subject.

Also the passage in ephesians has relevancy to familial matters and possibly this is where people draw the subjection from.

but leadership roles as far as my read of scripture is that it's about working collectively as a body and walking according to your giftings. To not exalt oneself above another.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
Amen and they will know where each others hearts are in that house because they will put the farm set together. She will cook the meals and arrange the pictures on the wall and look at curtains at the mall. He will go to work and make sure the tires are good and the windshield wipers aren't worn out and mow the grass so snakes don't bite the kids .It's simple to tell if ones in love because they wont think about the farm set much and the mower wont matter or the curtains one of the two.

I know right. Those days are long gone. The roles have been mixed up. The forces of evil have a come a long way. It is sad.

oyster67

May 24, 2014

Amen, this is the Biblical ideal. It is so sad that Biblical manhood may not exist on this planet any more. Women were not made to submit to little monkeys (modern man). Even in ancient times, God had to put women in places of leadership because no men could be found. We live in a really messed up world.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Could you unpack that please? I'm not sure that I'm following you. I thought we were talking about roles in the church.

It's as simple as applying for a job the potential boss will ask to have you put these in order of importance,,,Job,family,God.

The answer is simple actually God is the head of my family (and) part of my family stucture so there's not three things to put in order only two,,,,,job's second.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Please read the linked articles that Magenta posted.

In marriage, if the man is worthy, the wife becomes his helper. If he is not worthy, she will be against him. That is why the wife is so loud and becomes a nagger. That is her way of helping the man or reminding the man to fulfill his destiny.
Sorry, but that's utterly ridiculous! She nags because she hasn't learned how to encourage, empower, and edify, and probably hasn't submitted her desires to the Lord, but instead expects her husband to do or deal with everything she finds distressing, "difficult" or distasteful. Nagging is always bad.

If the wife is not behaving the way God designed her, the husband must evaluate if he is being a worthy leader.
That's feminist (anti-biblical) thinking at work, putting the blame for the woman's wrongdoing on the man. If the wife is not behaving the way God designed her, it's her fault, not his. Just like it's the husband's fault if he is not behaving in a godly way. They influence each other, of course, but each is responsible for her or his own sin. When there are problems in a marriage, both should seek the Lord's input and be willing to accept fault.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
Please read the linked articles that Magenta posted.

Sorry, but that's utterly ridiculous! She nags because she hasn't learned how to encourage, empower, and edify, and probably hasn't submitted her desires to the Lord, but instead expects her husband to do or deal with everything she finds distressing, "difficult" or distasteful. Nagging is always bad.

That's feminist (anti-biblical) thinking at work, putting the blame for the woman's wrongdoing on the man. If the wife is not behaving the way God designed her, it's her fault, not his. Just like it's the husband's fault if he is not behaving in a godly way. They influence each other, of course, but each is responsible for her or his own sin. When there are problems in a marriage, both should seek the Lord's input and be willing to accept fault.
I read what magenta posted about ezer kenegdo. Ezer/helper if worthy. Kenegdo/against if not worthy. If the wife becomes a kenegdo it means something. The wife can be the husband's indicator of his own behavior. Nagging must be the wrong term. It must be reminding. That's why I said if the wife is trying to lead the husband she is not doing her role. Her role is to help, support, remind, nag or whatever term you want.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I think it might be best to examine this on a case by case basis.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I read what magenta posted about ezer kenegdo. Ezer/helper if worthy. Kenegdo/against if not worthy. If the wife becomes a kenegdo it means something. The wife can be the husband's indicator of his own behavior. Nagging must be the wrong term. It must be reminding. That's why I said if the wife is trying to lead the husband she is not doing her role. Her role is to help, support, remind, nag or whatever term you want.
Thanks for explaining. Nagging is definitely the wrong word...

Judges 16:16 (Delilah and Samson) With such nagging she prodded him day after day until he was sick to death of it.

Proverbs 21:19 Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and nagging wife.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
A good wife is like a good mirror to her husband, and vice-versa.

K

Kim82

God designed the supporter role because man will not be able to fulfill his destiny or the will of God by himself.
So in order for a man to succeed, he needs a wife?
The calling of a woman is to become a supporter.
Supporter? You mean like a cheerleader? So if a woman's purpose is to be her husband's cheerleader, does that mean a single woman has no purpose?

the wife becomes his helper
A helper is a paid person in the home that does domestic choirs.
That is why the wife is so loud and becomes a nagger
So when a woman is loud it is the fault of the man? If the man is loud, is it the fault of the wife?

That is her way of helping the man or reminding the man to fulfill his destiny
Really? Maybe that's just her way of being a nuisance.

And the wife is subject to the leadership of her husband.
You mean she's in prison and she has to have his permission for everything?

since a single woman's capacity to lead a church is most likely questionable.
Do you also find single men leading the church questionable?

If the wife is trying to lead the husband she is not conforming to God's will and the marriage is doomed.
If the wife gives her opinion the marriage is doomed? Really?

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
I don't mean this as a personal attack... Do you argue the same for an abusive husband?

I think it"s like I said about the farm set,,,,If he is an abusive husband then he's not in love and so he's not worried about or considering the farm set. As an example if he cheats on his wife(as people word this) he in truth cheated on God, his wife and his children(but the other two are usually not mentioned)...

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
And to the OP,,,,

See 1 Timothy 5:2,,,that is even Timothy who was being given advice by the apostle Paul remembered that honor your mother and father is important and instructed Timothy to see the older women as "mothers" and so irregardless of the age(twice their age as in your OP) even an Bishop appointed by Paul is reminded of her role in Gods view,. So don't feel small or unqualified our house needs you .