Is marking of Mark of the Beast is literal or just figurative?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 29, 2018
First of all, the second beast, which is the false prophet, does not have a specific time to rule apart from the first beast which is the antichrist. These two beasts will be working together for the same evil cause, which is to deceive the inhabitants of the earth and to lead them to their condemnation. Below is a scripture regarding the first beast waging war against the great tribulation saints:
========================================================
The beast was given a mouth to speak arrogant and blasphemous words, and authority to act for 42 months. And the beast opened his mouth to speak blasphemies against God and to slander His name and His tabernacle—those who dwell in heaven.

Then the beast was permitted to wage war against the saints and to conquer them, and he was given authority over every tribe and people and language and nation.
When the 1st beast wage war against the Saints? Why you said "great tribulation saints"?

May 29, 2018
Both of these scriptures below say the same thing:

Sixth Seal: (Rev.6:16-17)
"They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us f from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?”

Seventh Trumpet: (Rev.11:18)
We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign. The nations were angry, and your wrath has come.

My point being, is that you and others claim that God's wrath only follows after the announcement that their wrath has come and therefore doesn't include the previous seals. Yet, the announcement that the God's wrath has come, is also announced after sounding of the seventh trumpet. However and as I previously pointed out, the words 'has come' is referring to God's wrath in its entirety, which includes the seals which will have taken place prior to the announcement, as well as the wrath that follows via the trumpets and bowl judgments. All of these make up the wrath of God. And since the seals are also apart of God's wrath, then the church must be removed prior to the opening of the first seal.

A fourth of the earths population is killed as a result of the first four seals, which is initiated by the Lamb and which according to our current world population, would be almost 2 billion people dead within that first 3 1/2 years. And that is not including the fatalities mentioned at the sounding of the sixth trumpet, which is a third of what is left. Both of these combined would be over half the earths population. And you don't think that the seals are apart of God's wrath?
You just confusing yourself, do not include me of your confusion.
The opening of the seals is just a replay of the prophecy of Jesus in Matthew chptr 24 and Mark chptr 13 from the false Christ to heavenly signs(moon/sun dark). It happened since the apostle time up to the last days.

In Luke 21:34-38 it is clear the Believers will undergo the Tribulation, and it really needs to their prayers that they may be able to escape all that is about to happen.

May 29, 2018
Both of these scriptures below say the same thing:

Sixth Seal: (Rev.6:16-17)
"They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us f from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?”

Seventh Trumpet: (Rev.11:18)
We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign. The nations were angry, and your wrath has come.

My point being, is that you and others claim that God's wrath only follows after the announcement that their wrath has come and therefore doesn't include the previous seals. Yet, the announcement that the God's wrath has come, is also announced after sounding of the seventh trumpet. However and as I previously pointed out, the words 'has come' is referring to God's wrath in its entirety, which includes the seals which will have taken place prior to the announcement, as well as the wrath that follows via the trumpets and bowl judgments. All of these make up the wrath of God. And since the seals are also apart of God's wrath, then the church must be removed prior to the opening of the first seal.

A fourth of the earths population is killed as a result of the first four seals, which is initiated by the Lamb and which according to our current world population, would be almost 2 billion people dead within that first 3 1/2 years. And that is not including the fatalities mentioned at the sounding of the sixth trumpet, which is a third of what is left. Both of these combined would be over half the earths population. And you don't think that the seals are apart of God's wrath?
New Living Translation-
Keep alert at all times. And pray that you might be strong enough to escape these coming horrors and stand before the Son of Man.”

English Standard Version-
But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

THE WORDS be strong enough & have strength SIGNIFIES THAT THEY WILL UNDERGO TRIBULATION THAT THEY WILL ENDURE(to escape).
Jesus was speaking to his Disciples telling them what will happen to them and the rest of the Believers, it begins with the Apostles one by one they were killed except John...
9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
What verse that says the fourth of the population is killed as a result of the four seals?
========================================

When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

The fourth seal and the sixth trumpet, are the only two places in Revelation that give a percentage of the resulting fatalities, that being a fourth and a third, repectively.

The scripture states that Death and Hades are given power to kill a fourth of the earth by sword, famine, which is exactly what happens with the second seal rider on the red horse who is given power to take peace from the earth so that men kill each other. Following that is the third seal rider on the black horse which is famine. Therefore, the fourth seal is the resulting fatalities from those previous seals.
Hades following close behind death, would be referring to where the spirit of those people go who are killed from these plagues See the fate of the rich man in Luke 16:22-23.

As far as the reference to people being killed by "the wild beasts of the earth," after the flood in Genesis 9:2, God put the fear of mankind into the animals. It may be that during the tribulation period that God removes the fear of man from the animals so that they begin to attack and kill mankind. That is one possibility, but there is just not enough information given.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
When the 1st beast wage war against the Saints? Why you said "great tribulation saints"?
I say that the first beast wages war against the great tribulation saints, because the church is no longer on the earth.

If you will notice from chapter 1 thru 3 in Revelation, the world ekklesia translated as church, is used 19 times. Then after Rev.4:1 the word church is never used again. It switches to saints, which is referring to the saints who come out of the great tribulation who are introduced in Rev.7:9-17 as that great number of white robed saints which no man can count. This group is not the church and is never referred to as such. But will be those who will believe in Christ after the church has been gathered and during the time of God's wrath, as described below:

=========================================

After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

Then one of the elders asked me, “These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?”

I answered, “Sir, you are the one who knows.”

And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

The very fact that the elder is asking John who this group is demonstrates that it is not the church, which John previously wrote the seven letters to. In addition, when the elder asks John who this group is, he says that he doesn't know, ergo, they are not the church.

May 29, 2018

When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.
Thanks for that verse, I overlook this passage.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
You just confusing yourself, do not include me of your confusion.
My friend, it is not confusion, but it is just that you have not done enough study on this topic. It sounds as though your knowledge is from what you have read in the books written by men and not God's word.

The opening of the seals is just a replay of the prophecy of Jesus in Matthew chptr 24 and Mark chptr 13 from the false Christ to heavenly signs(moon/sun dark). It happened since the apostle time up to the last days.
Below are the scriptures from Matthew 24:19 and Revelation 6:12-13

Matt.24:19
Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Revelation 6:12-13
I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of hair, the whole moon turned blood red, and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind."

In Matthew 24:19, the sun and moon are darkened, where in Revelation at the opening of the 6th seal, the sun is darkened and the moon is turned blood red. So there is a difference between Matthew and Revelation.

In Matthew 24:19 the darkening of the sun and moon is immediately followed by the Lord's return to the earth to end age. In opposition, in Revelation there is a great earthquake mentioned which is not mentioned in Matthew 24:19. Also, after the sun is darkened and the moon is turned blood red, there is still the opening of the 7th seal, seven trumpet judgements and seven bowl judgments which must take place prior to the Lords return to the earth to end the age.

The conclusion is that though these events are similar, they are different events which take place at different times. In Matthew 24 right after the sun and moon are darkened and the stars (meteorites/asteroids) fall to the earth, the Lord immediately returns to the earth. At the opening of the 6th seal in Revelation, you have the seventh seal, the seven trumpets and the seven bowls which must still take place. Therefore these two events cannot be the same.

To be clear, you cannot fit the seventh seal, the seven trumpets and seven bowl judgments as taking place in between Matthew 24:19 and 24:30-31.

Matthew 24:19 = Sun and moon darkened
Revelation 6:12-13 = Sun being darkened and moon being turned blood red

Matthew 24:19 = The sign of Jesus' immediate return to the earth to end the age
Revelation 6 = The seventh seal, seven trumpets and seven bowl judgments must still take place

These two events are different and take place at different times. It just has to do with doing a deeper study on these prophetic end-time events.

In Luke 21:34-38 it is clear the Believers will undergo the Tribulation, and it really needs to their prayers that they may be able to escape all that is about to happen.
"Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you suddenly like a trap. For it will come on all those who live on the face of the whole earth. Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.”

In the scripture above, Jesus is speaking to His disciples and to all believers, especially those who will be living just prior to the Day of the Lord, referred to above as "that day." Jesus is saying to them and all believers to keep watch, that is, to remain faithful and look for His coming so that we don't get caught up in the cares of this life, indulging in the desires of the sinful nature, so that when He appears believers will be in a right state to escape by being caught up and taken back to the Father's house. Otherwise, if a believer has gone back into living according to the sinful nature, the Lord will not take them out of the world to escape the wrath of God, which Jesus says is going to come upon the whole earth. It is those great tribulation saints who become believers after the church has been gathered, who will go through the tribulation period and that because they will not have been believers prior to the Lord's appearing to remove His church.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
The content of the gospel preached by Angel's is given in rev 14

But in your opinion is it the same Gospel Paul is speaking of in Galatians or is it another Gospel that the angel in Revelation preaches? If not then those who hear it when the angel in Revelation 14:6 delivers it will remember what Paul said in Galatians 1:8 and view it as cursed as Paul says will they not?

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
New Living Translation-
Keep alert at all times. And pray that you might be strong enough to escape these coming horrors and stand before the Son of Man.”
There will be no such thing as being strong enough, because by the time the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments have completed, the majority of the earths population will have been decimated and all human government dismantled.

English Standard Version-
But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

THE WORDS be strong enough & have strength SIGNIFIES THAT THEY WILL UNDERGO TRIBULATION THAT THEY WILL ENDURE(to escape).
Jesus was speaking to his Disciples telling them what will happen to them and the rest of the Believers, it begins with the Apostles one by one they were killed except John...
9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
You just don't have enough study in all of the scriptures regarding end-time events, which is why you are not understanding what I am sharing with you.

Matthew 24 is about Israel during the time of God's wrath and all related events. The church will not be on the earth during that time because the following is going to take place prior to God's wrath:

==========================================================
"My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

"For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever."
===========================================================

The two scripture above are speaking about the same event, which is when the Lord comes to gather His church, those who have died and those who are still alive. If we remain faithful, this event is how we are going to escape the Day of the Lord, by being caught up to meet the Lord in the air.

When Jesus ascended into heaven, He went to prepare places for every believer in His Father's house. When it is time, He will return and the dead in Christ will rise first, then we who are still alive will be changed immortal and glorified and will be caught up with those who will have just resurrected to the meet the Lord in the air. At this point the entire church from beginning to end, will all be gathered together to meet the Lord in the air where He will take us all back to the Father's house, which is in heaven. After that, God's wrath will begin to be poured out upon the whole earth which we will have escaped.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Thanks for that verse, I overlook this passage.
You are welcome. Below are the only two places in Revelation where a percentage is given of the resulting fatalities. However, there are much more that will result which are just not mentioned from trumpets 1, 2 & 3, as well as the fatalities which will result form the seven bowl judgments.

"I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth."

"It said to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, “Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.” And the four angels who had been kept ready for this very hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind.

Fourth Seal = A fourth of the earths population is killed by sword, famine, plagues and by the wild beasts of the earth

Sixth Trumpet = A third of the earths population is killed by those four angels and their demonic army of 200 million

May 29, 2018
I say that the first beast wages war against the great tribulation saints, because the church is no longer on the earth.

If you will notice from chapter 1 thru 3 in Revelation, the world ekklesia translated as church, is used 19 times. Then after Rev.4:1 the word church is never used again. It switches to saints, which is referring to the saints who come out of the great tribulation who are introduced in Rev.7:9-17 as that great number of white robed saints which no man can count. This group is not the church and is never referred to as such. But will be those who will believe in Christ after the church has been gathered and during the time of God's wrath, as described below:

After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

Then one of the elders asked me, “These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?”

I answered, “Sir, you are the one who knows.”

And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

The very fact that the elder is asking John who this group is demonstrates that it is not the church, which John previously wrote the seven letters to. In addition, when the elder asks John who this group is, he says that he doesn't know, ergo, they are not the church.
We cannot agree with your interpretation regarding the Church and the Saints.
Because the Church are called out ones, as the scriptures says..."There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.'
Millions of Believers were already killed since from Rome(the 1st beast) persecution, middle ages Inquisition and slaughter of millions of Jews during the Holocaust of the revived Roman empire(Axis Power).

The Fall of Babylon already fulfilled since Roman Catholicism no longer in power of holding nations as the Holy Roman Empire.

It is now the reign of the 2nd beast with the 1st beast revived Roman empire the United Europe or European Union that will hate the Harlot(see Revelation 17:16), together with the Image of the Beast which is the United Nations.

Do you know who is the 2nd beast who is responsible for the creation of the Image of the Beast? Where now the headquarters of the Image of the Beast is located

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
We cannot agree with your interpretation regarding the Church and the Saints.
Because the Church are called out ones, as the scriptures says..."There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.'
Millions of Believers were already killed since from Rome(the 1st beast) persecution, middle ages Inquisition and slaughter of millions of Jews during the Holocaust of the revived Roman empire(Axis Power).
Yes you are correct, many have been killed and slaughtered. However, that was not from the wrath of God. One of the on-going misconceptions, is when people don't recognize the difference between the trials and tribulation which Jesus said believers would have because of our faith in Him vs. God's coming wrath. These are not the same. The trials and tribulations that the church has experienced come at the hands of men and the powers of darkness. In opposition, the coming wrath of God will be directly poured out upon a Christ rejecting world. Those who believe in Christ are not appointed to suffer this coming wrath of God and therefore, the church must be removed prior to the beginning of God's wrath. This information is what you are not understanding.

To be clear, Paul, Peter and the other apostles and the first century church, did not suffer the wrath of God, but the tribulation and persecution which came at the hands of men from their faith in Christ. The wrath of God that is coming, will be in the form of the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments which will be directly from God upon an Christ rejecting, unrepentant world. There is a big difference between these two.

The Fall of Babylon already fulfilled since Roman Catholicism no longer in power of holding nations as the Holy Roman Empire.
Babylon the great, the woman who rides the beast, which is the church of Rome, will come back into power once that antichrist appears, which is meaning of "the woman who rides the beast." Roman Catholicism and her pope will use the beast (ride her) to regain her power and will establish her authority forcefully through the authority of the beast. Rome and her counterfeit church, will revive during those days of the beast and she will regain the power that she once had and more.

It is now the reign of the 2nd beast with the 1st beast revived Roman empire the United Europe or European Union that will hate the Harlot(see Revelation 17:16), together with the Image of the Beast which is the United Nations.

Do you know who is the 2nd beast who is responsible for the creation of the Image of the Beast? Where now the headquarters of the Image of the Beast is located
Your question above is for someone who has not studied the book of Revelation or end-time events. The information that I have been sharing with you comes from over 45 years of personal study of God's word and end-time events. I live in the book of Revelation and am always quoting from it. Suffice to say, if I didn't know that it is the 2nd beast/false prophet who is the one who commands the inhabitants of the earth to make an image unto the 1st beast, then I shouldn't be teaching these things. So, here is a question for you: where else is the image of the beast mentioned in scripture and what will it be?

The 2nd beast is the false prophet, who will exercise all of the authority of the 1st beast, the 1st beast being the antichrist. They will work together to achieve the same evil purpose. The 2nd beast/false prophet, is also the one who will cause everyone to receive the mark of the first beast in their right hand or forehead.

The 2nd beast does not reign, but will work on behalf of the 1st beast by performing signs, miracles and wonders to give credibility to the 1st beast who will be proclaiming himself to be God.

Sometime during the last 3 1/2 years, God is going to put it into the hearts of the beast and the ten kings to destroy the woman, Babylon the great, with fire so that no one will ever be able to inhabit that city ever again. Babylon the Great's destruction by the beast and the ten kings, will be apart of God's wrath using evil to destroy evil. I believe that the fire that they destroy her with will be a nuclear weapon, which is why no one will ever be able to inhabit that city again.

May 29, 2018
Yes you are correct, many have been killed and slaughtered. However, that was not from the wrath of God. One of the on-going misconceptions, is when people don't recognize the difference between the trials and tribulation which Jesus said believers would have because of our faith in Him vs. God's coming wrath. These are not the same. The trials and tribulations that the church has experienced come at the hands of men and the powers of darkness. In opposition, the coming wrath of God will be directly poured out upon a Christ rejecting world.
What it says in the introduction of the book of Revelation..."The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John".
It is very clear that what is written in the book of Revelation it will soon take place even began during the Apostle's time, not your beliefs that until now not yet fulfilled for many centuries and you are still awaiting for your so-called Seven Years Tribulation. How many more decades it will happen it from now on?? Let us see in the vocabulary what is mean must "SOON" take place:

((((Yes you are correct, many have been killed and slaughtered. However, that was not from the wrath of God.In opposition, the coming wrath of God will be directly poured out upon a Christ rejecting world.)))
You believed that many are killed and slaughtered in the past, but you don't want to believe the book of Revelation had already foretold that. Sad to think that the coming tribulations of the Saints will be the wrath of God. How come that the wrath of God will be poured out upon a Christ rejecting word, when the Saints will come to suffer and satan will be powerful?? It is silly to think about it.

The truth it is the satan's wrath when regarding to the Tribulation of the Saints(began from the Roman persecution), and it is the God' wrath for His vengeance against the cruel world which is the Judgement against the wicked(will begin after the heavenly signs).

May 29, 2018
Those who believe in Christ are not appointed to suffer this coming wrath of God and therefore, the church must be removed prior to the beginning of God's wrath. This information is what you are not understanding.
Yes of course, the wrath of God who believes in Christ are not appointed to suffer this coming wrath of God, because that is the Day of the Lord for Judgement against the wicked. Not satan(antichrist) will rule the world and will be marking the 666.

May 29, 2018
Babylon the great, the woman who rides the beast, which is the church of Rome, will come back into power once that antichrist appears, which is meaning of "the woman who rides the beast." Roman Catholicism and her pope will use the beast (ride her) to regain her power and will establish her authority forcefully through the authority of the beast. Rome and her counterfeit church, will revive during those days of the beast and she will regain the power that she once had and more.
The Babylon will no longer come back, it is very clear that Ten Nations will hate her when the Ten nations begin to rule(the last revived Roman empire).

[

May 29, 2018
Suffice to say, if I didn't know that it is the 2nd beast/false prophet who is the one who commands the inhabitants of the earth to make an image unto the 1st beast, then I shouldn't be teaching these things. So, here is a question for you: where else is the image of the beast mentioned in scripture and what will it be?
"Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed."

May 29, 2018
The 2nd beast is the false prophet, who will exercise all of the authority of the 1st beast, the 1st beast being the antichrist. They will work together to achieve the same evil purpose. The 2nd beast/false prophet, is also the one who will cause everyone to receive the mark of the first beast in their right hand or forehead.

The Beast represents Kingdom or nation, go back to old prophecies like in the book of Daniel.

The 2nd beast does not reign, but will work on behalf of the 1st beast by performing signs, miracles and wonders to give credibility to the 1st beast who will be proclaiming himself to be God.
The Beast will reign as a kingdom or nation.

May 29, 2018
In the book of Revelation never said that the mark will be imposed on the saints, but rather on all.
Revelation 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Either the whole Nation accept the Mark of the whole Nation rejects the Mark.
Are there People within the Nation that accept the Mark, that reject it? Yes!
Are there People within the Nation that reject the Mark, that accept it? Yes!

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
The mark of the beast will be mark at the foreheads or in a forehand, while the vaccine is only injected at the side arms like this...
And yet, already there's talk that you can't buy or sell (or indeed, work or travel) without this "vaccine".

It's a mere stroke of the pen that will change where this "Certificate Of Vaccination IDentification" (COVID) is injected.

Apr 9, 2020
I quote this verse..."I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

Can you show you to me that during the 2nd beast and the image of the beast reign there will be a Christian persecution or war of the Saints?? Because what I only read only the time reign of the 1st beast with the Harlot engaged war of the Saints.
Further, it is the 2nd beast who is responsible of enforcing the MARK.
I've never studied the book of revelation, so according to my limited knowledge Christians will not be on the earth during the great tribulation. We will be raptured off the earth to meet Jesus in the clouds.

It sounds to me that those Saints mentioned in the scripture passage, could be all of those who were martyred for their testimony throughout the ages. It sounds like a multitude of Saints from every generation and I believe that all those who will be left on the earth after the rapture are damned, with no hope of salvation. So maybe that's why the Bible says that all those who receive the mark, will be cast into hell.

There are large numbers of Christians being killed and persecuted in the world right now, so for them it is the Beast system killing them. The beast system can be any Antichrist Government or rulers, we know that Christians are the most hated people in every country in the world. So countless Christians have been murdered because they refuse to renounce their faith in Jesus and serve an Antichrist system or it's Image.

The Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ is highly offensive to all unbelievers, Christians would be wiped out off the earth if God didn't restrain the hands of the enemy. We know that between 50 and 100 million Christians were murdered during the Roman catholic inquisitions. So every martyr was murdered for refusing the "mark of the beast". Christians have always been forced to accept the mark or be executed.