Is The Earth Flat Or Round?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is The Earth Flat Or Round?

• Total voters

lonelysummer

Nov 30, 2022
That might be your conscience talking to you.

At least that's how I've always thought of it. It would be wonderful to have a direct line to God, so I could ask him all the questions that I've had throughout my life; but I don't think it's that easy.
There's a lot of things we won't know or understand until the next life.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
That might be your conscience talking to you.

At least that's how I've always thought of it. It would be wonderful to have a direct line to God, so I could ask him all the questions that I've had throughout my life; but I don't think it's that easy.
There's a lot of things we won't know or understand until the next life.
While that is possible, there have been too many cases where the guidance I receive leads to "divine encounters" that my conscience by itself could not foresee. :)

Debbiere

Sep 5, 2022
The horizon always appears perfectly flat 360 degrees around the observer regardless of altitude. All amateur balloon, rocket, plane and drone footage with it show a completely flat horizon over 20+ miles high. Only NASA and other government “space agencies” show curvature in their fake CGI photos/videos.

View attachment 246809
Wow, I've never seen drone photos of the earth before. It's possible that drones can't fly high enough to capture the curvature, but it's still an interesting fact.

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
So you are contradicting what others have stated here? There is a relationship? Or just reading a book written thousands of years ago? So you hear the voice of Jesus when he talks to you? I wonder what his voice sounds like. Does he have an accent or something? Is it a booming, powerful voice, or a soft, gentle voice? And you can ask him questions and he answers you directly? I'd love to have that kind of one on one relationship with God.
My sheep hear my voice...

lonelysummer

Nov 30, 2022
I hear His voice, just as He promised. :giggle: And so grateful to know Him.
Okay, that's great. I hope someday I will hear the audible voice of God. I wonder if other people around me will here Him too? It will be strange if He starts talking to me at work, or at the mall, and other people are looking like "where is that voice coming from?" Maybe He can talk during my concerts, that would be great, draw more people to Him. I'm not a great talker. Singing I do fine with, but the talking part is always awkward.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Jan 26, 2023
The interaction between Earth and Sea is not always related to geology in scripture, but symbolizes the division between the chosen people on the land of Israel, and those that are outside of it. "Earth" seems to refer to the Promised Land/Israel, and "sea" being the rest. "Waters", or "many waters" are also related to this similar idea of the "sea".

In Revelation we see the two beasts, one coming out of the earth, the other out of the sea:

----
And the dragon stood on the shore of the sea. Then I saw a beast with ten horns and seven heads rising out of the sea. "
"Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon.
----

The beast that rises out of Israel, is the false prophet, that convinces everyone to worship the beast that is not of Israel.

Some more examples of waters, sea being symbolic to nations:

-----
This is what the LORD says: "See how the waters are rising from the north and becoming an overflowing torrent. They will overflow the land.." - Jeremiah 47:2

Then one of the seven angels with the seven bowls came and said to me, "Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits on many waters." - Revelation 17:1

Then he said to me, “The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues. - Revelation 17:15

Woe to the multitude of many people -Who- make a noise like the roar of the seas, And to the rushing of nations -That- make a rushing like the rushing of mighty waters! - Isa 17:12
-----

There is also an idea that the great flood was a local event.. this would explain it..

What about Jeremiah 4:23? He certainly does not talk about the Earth in a geological sense..
----
I looked at the earth, and it was formless and empty; and at the heavens, and their light was gone.
----

There is also the idea of the (4) corners of the Earth, and the (4) winds (of heaven) which I think relates to this phenomena also.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
This thread is an absolute rollercoaster ride. It doesn't fill me with hope for humanity.
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome To Chat.
Correct, 'biting and devouring one another' about non - essentials is offering
NO hope...

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II).

...The Only 'hope for humanity' is to faithfully defend and dispense
God's Gospel Of Grace:

Grace, Peace, And JOY!...

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
This thread is an absolute rollercoaster ride. It doesn't fill me with hope for humanity.
"It will always give a Christian the greatest calm, quiet, ease, and peace, to think of the perfect righteousness of Christ. How often are the saints of God downcast and sad! I do not think they ought to be. I do not think they would if they could always see their perfection in Christ. There are some who are always talking about corruption, and the depravity of the heart, and the innate evil of the soul. This is quite true, but why not go a little further, and remember that we are "perfect in Christ Jesus." It is no wonder that those who are dwelling upon their own corruption should wear such downcast looks; but surely if we call to mind that "Christ is made unto us righteousness," we shall be of good cheer. "

-Spurgeon

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
BTW....I think it likely that the moon landings did actually take place. Its probably too difficult a hoax to pull off.