Is there ANYBODY ...OUT THERE!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I know from your other posts that you believe that the way our Lord sees our works in regard to salvation cancels all need to work for the Lord. I agree with your #7, it is not our works that God sees for our salvation but our faith.

In your other posts you continue with this to say salvation through faith cancels our need for works.

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
The gift of tongues was in fact the spiritual gift of supernaturally speaking known human languages without ever having learned them (see Acts 2).

Had the KJV translators simply used the word *language (s)* they would have been perfectly in accord with what is revealed. However, since *tongues* was a common translation for languages at that time, we find it used in Scripture.

So you have not made any earth-shaking discovery, but simply confirmed that babbling is NOT the spiritual gift of tongues. That is why an interpreter was necessary as confirmed by Paul. And that spiritual gift would cease when the Bible had been completed.

That is a nice attempt and I do give you some credit for trying to understand. But even the English version explains this rather well. Look at verse 10...

1 Corinthians 13:
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there betongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

This is speaking when Christ returns (verse 10 which is PERFECT is come), this is when this will end, not when the Book of Revelation's was written or added to the Canon.

At the time of this writing, Christ had already ascended and the Holy Ghost had already arrived. So what would be the only thing left that is PERFECT still to come? The Second Coming of Christ. Since that has not yet happened, the gifts of the Holy Spirit are still 100% active and alive today!!

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
The prodigal son Had to Return to His father and acknowledge his sin.. If the prodigal son had never come back and died in that foreign land he would have never received an inheritance..

Some people abandon the Father and never come back..
if they leave us they were never of us 1 John 2:19

God was never their father; some "sons" were posers, imposters, make-beleivers; people can't just invite themselves to join a family they have to be adopted by the Father, then they are truly "IN"

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
There is no such thing as "replacement theology". That Israel is the church in the new covenant is obvious from the scriptures I posted

Galatians 3:28-29 (KJV)

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
There is no such thing as "replacement theology". That Israel is the church in the new covenant is obvious from the scriptures I posted

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
In the current dispensation after the resurrection, the above verses you quoted are true. But, there are specific promised the Lord has given to the nation of Israel that cannot be placed upon the body of Christ. He will continue His plan for that nation after catching up of the church.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
In the current dispensation after the resurrection, the above verses you quoted are true. But, there are specific promised the Lord has given to the nation of Israel that cannot be placed upon the body of Christ. He will continue His plan for that nation after catching up of the church.
Dispensationalism is a farce. God has never changed in how He deals with His people. Only two covenants were made by God with His people,....the old covenant with the Jews and the new covenant of grace with all believers. (the new replacing the old)

K

Kim82

Just about anyone can call them self a Christian these days. And believe me, they have the scripture to back up their position.

Even an atheist can use the Bible to back up his position it seems.

The Bible is open to a lot of different interpretations. I myself don't have a perfect understanding so I'm still trying to understand.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Dispensationalism is a farce. God has never changed in how He deals with His people. Only two covenants were made by God with His people,....the old covenant with the Jews and the new covenant of grace with all believers. (the new replacing the old)
Do you make sacrifices? Have you built an ark lately? Why not? God's required that of His people in the past. Have you been confronted with the mark of the beast?

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Chester, do you ever see any earthly father reject an adopted child? How can you think God's adoption of His children would be any less permanent. The Father in the parable welcomed His errant son with a feast, so happy to have him home again.

We are not perfect and some who are adopted into God's family will find it hard to totally leave sinful situations for awhile, but eventually the desire to please God (the Father)wins out.

If they never change (or 'come home') it is because they were never really OF the family. 1 John 2:19

You are in a sorry state to believe it can all be lost.
Can you never sin? or how much sin is allowed? or how perfect can you be? Even our thoughts show us as imperfect and unworthy.
What assurance do you have of anything you believe?

Jesus said HE would lose NONE that the Father gives to Him. NONE
NOone can take them out of His hand......that no one includes yourself.

Just some thoughts for you to think about if you will.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Do you make sacrifices? Have you built an ark lately? Why not? God's required that of His people in the past. Have you been confronted with the mark of the beast?
You make little sense.
ONE covenant is now in effect. Effective at the cross.
......and I don't buy into the crazy views of Darby and Scofield (father of dispensationalism) who promoted that idea of a premillenianism

Dis;pensatioonalism is a product of the 19th and 20th century,.......beware of NEW doctrine, it comes from the pit of hell.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Just about anyone can call them self a Christian these days. And believe me, they have the scripture to back up their position.

Even an atheist can use the Bible to back up his position it seems.

The Bible is open to a lot of different interpretations. I myself don't have a perfect understanding so I'm still trying to understand.
The bible is only truly understandable by the light of the Holy Spirit.
Keep reading the bible, the light might go on.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
You make little sense.
ONE covenant is now in effect. Effective at the cross.
......and I don't buy into the crazy views of Darby and Scofield (father of dispensationalism) who promoted that idea of a premillenianism

Dis;pensatioonalism is a product of the 19th and 20th century,.......beware of NEW doctrine, it comes from the pit of hell.

Are the two covenants the same? Did God change the way He dealt with man under the two covenants? Simply put, yes, God does change, but His character does not. God destroyed the earth with a flood. God declared He'll never do that again. God changed the way He deals with man.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think with the first five would you say are MILK and the rest are MEAT.
Not everyone can swallow or digest the rest of what God tells us in His word but that is why we must grow in faith. There are bound to be a few misunderstandings. As with meat we need to chew on it or cut it up into smaller portions we cant just drink it straight up like we can with milk.

K

Kim82

The bible is only truly understandable by the light of the Holy Spirit.
Keep reading the bible, the light might go on.
I see. So you're saying that because I don't understand the Bible perfectly, it means I don't have the holy spirit?

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
I see. So you're saying that because I don't understand the Bible perfectly, it means I don't have the holy spirit?
Hi sis! Haven't talked to you in a long time! How's "Dad"?

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Cool. Jamaican.

How are you? What church do you go to?

Do you have a gorgeous hair like that in the avatar?

These are the important questions.

K

kaylagrl

Yes,there is a theology called replacement theology. The church is the church and Israel is Israel. They are not one and the same. God still has promises He will keep regarding Israel.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Are the two covenants the same? Did God change the way He dealt with man under the two covenants? Simply put, yes, God does change, but His character does not. God destroyed the earth with a flood. God declared He'll never do that again. God changed the way He deals with man.
Just told you, God does not change anything, His character is immutable.
God's justice is still only satisfied by the blood of the perfect lamb (old covenant) and provided the Perfect Lamb in the new covenat.
Man's sins are still forgiven by the blood making atonement to God (propitiation)
It is still the blood that appeases the wrath of God.
It is by that blood be are covered, God sees His people through that blood and sees us a sinless because we are IN Christ Jesus.
In the flesh we may still sin but God's justice was satisfied by the blood of the One for all of His people.