You have to wonder about some of these postersWell then, it must be true!
I keep telling you man, you're playing it wrong. You should get out the popcorn, mixed nuts and soda, kick back and watch the show.You have to wonder about some of these posters![]()
I saw it. We went to Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa, various times over the years starting in the 70's. I never met Lonnie Frisbie, but I "knew" Pastor Chuck, and Greg Laurie. He'd shared his story a number of times. He'd also written a book about his life.Did anyone see this movie? What did you think of it?
Yea it's a movie, mostly for entertainment it's not really a sermon.I keep telling you man, you're playing it wrong. You should get out the popcorn, mixed nuts and soda, kick back and watch the show.
That's... Um... Not what I meant. But yeah, that too.Yea it's a movie, mostly for entertainment it's not really a sermon.
At first I thought it was kidding me about the hippie Jesus, but that's who they really thought Lonnie Frisbee was.
Also Frisbee was his real name, not making that up!
Have you actually seen the movie Lynx, or are you just responding to my thread to make jokes about me?That's... Um... Not what I meant. But yeah, that too.
Saw it with my wife when it came out. I think it is a reasonable account of what happened. IMHO it was a part of a natiionwide outpouring of Holy Spirit with emphasis on praise and worship. Through my reasearch for a blog here, I found the outbreak happened around the same time in at least 3 different locations. Southern Cali, Eugene Or and Hamption Roads Virginia. There were probably more. Started easry 1960's and slowly morphed into something totally different starting around the mid 1980's with the worship wars.Did anyone see this movie? What did you think of it?
Conversion therapy is manmade. Real transformation is through the Holy Spirit. HE is the way outmm don't think so, also, conversion therapy is now banned/illegal at least in my country.
It doesn't seem to have lasting effect.
It didn't for Lonnie Frisbee anyway.
yep. It sounded suss the way conversion therapy is prescribed. Also young christians who had grown up in church but worried they were gay had the hardest time.Conversion therapy is manmade. Real transformation is through the Holy Spirit. HE is the way out
I've just followed this whole threadWho was Jerry Garcia? I suppose I could google.