My CC Encounters

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Susanna

After having spent almost seven years in the CC trenches I have to say that it is interesting to observe how people are treating each other here.

I’m no Saint myself, let that be clear.

However, regardless of everything, in my years here I have more often than in active duty been called ‘evil’, ‘stupid’, ‘ignorant’, ‘wicked’, ‘false teacher’, ‘idiot’, ‘jerk’, ‘intellectually challenged’, ‘not able to be thinking abstract’, ‘eyelash flapping’, ‘not the sharpest knife in the drawer’, ‘delusional’, ‘dishonest’, ‘gullible’, ‘strange’, ‘gaylover’, ‘raving mad’, and etc etc etc.

Many people have been judging me on even more levels.

What does this say about the debates here?

notuptome

May 17, 2013
After having spent almost seven years in the CC trenches I have to say that it is interesting to observe how people are treating each other here.

However, regardless of everything, in my years here I have more often than in active duty been called ‘evil’, ‘stupid’, ‘ignorant’, ‘wicked’, ‘false teacher’, ‘idiot’, ‘jerk’, ‘intellectually challenged’, ‘not able to be thinking abstract’, ‘eyelash flapping’, ‘not the sharpest knife in the drawer’, ‘delusional’, ‘dishonest’, ‘gullible’, ‘strange’, ‘gaylover’, ‘raving mad’, and etc etc etc.

Interesting question but how much of what has been said it true? Always examine your self in the mirror of Gods word. Who cares what others say or think as long as what you say and think aligns with Gods word?

If you are guilty then correct yourself. You cannot change others only yourself.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

It says that we are still human beings that are on various levels of maturity on our Christian walk.

That’s why it’s important for more mature brothers and sisters in Christ to lead by example in love, and show kindness and patience to their siblings.

S

Susanna

Interesting question but how much of what has been said it true? Always examine your self in the mirror of Gods word. Who cares what others say or think as long as what you say and think aligns with Gods word?

If you are guilty then correct yourself. You cannot change others only yourself.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I’m not concerned about how people label me, sometimes it’s true, sometimes it’s not, but I have seen too many brawls on here where people are getting banned because they are saying something nasty in a heated debate.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I've been on the receiving end of a lot myself. Even as far as a mod outright attacking me in a thread. Calling me names and falsely accusing me of things. And there were no repercussions for that mod, so what example does that set for the rest of the site?
I was surprised, in the past, that I was never banned. I sometimes have a hard time controlling my frustrations, and even more so a few years back. But somehow I always slid by. While I was grateful I often wondered why.
And, apparently, I used to get reported a Lot hahaha.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
'You are experiencing real people in the 'real' world. Many are in contempt of 'brotherly love'.
'Just a thought'
enact - Copy - Copy (11) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy...jpg

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
Susanna. you certainly deserve respect and appreciation for your service, thankyou.
I am sorry for judging you, but until you prove you are not intelligent whitty
and beautiful then I must stick with my initial assessment.
Once again, Im sorry.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Oh Susanna, don't you cry for me
I'm from ol' Virginia and I'm glad you're on CC!

;) :love:

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I thought he came from Alabama with a banjo on hi knee.

I know the weather was a abit wonky. "It rained so hard the day I left, the weather it was dry, and I said I'm coming from the south, Susanna, don't you cry."

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.

Thank you for sharing. I to have been called a gay lover because I don't see gays as being any worse than adulterers, whore mongers or habitual liars. But I've also been called a white hater, a radical fundamentalist, a troll and many times a Liberal. Well if you'd consider some of the greatest presidents we ever had, James Monroe, Abraham Lincoln, and F. D. Roosevelt liberals I'll admit to that. Oh and a drunkard because I identify as a recovering alcoholic. I guess the don't know that alcoholism is a combination of a long recognized biological disease as well as a certified mental illness. we can get it by over indulgence like maybe diabetes but after it crosses the line long term recovery relies on abstinence we can't go back to social or recreational drinking again. Abstinence is a treatment not a cure.

In fact I've also been told that my attitude about sexuality is unfit for the young that may read some of my posts. My own children had more sex education at 15 years old, than I did at 50!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Many people have been judging me on even more levels. What does this say about the debates here?
Your Jubilee year starts this coming January! Hopefully you will have more to celebrate then in the goings on in cyberspace among people who profess to love God while displaying a dismaying lack of kindness for which they show no remorse.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2019

DEALING WITH INSULTS AND LIES

Jesus always spoke the truth. He encouraged people to follow Him because He is the way, the truth, and the life. He said some things that are very difficult to do and do not seem to fit into the category of comfort and encouragement.

Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. (1 Peter 3:9 NIV)

Does Jesus really mean this? We see examples of situations like road rage and know that quick-flash anger lives in most of us and can be triggered very quickly. Isn’t it enough that we don’t act violently in response to what others say and do or spread vicious rumors about them to others? Not only does the Bible teach us to not react and return evil for evil but it challenges us even further when we are taught to find a way to bless the one who is speaking badly about us.

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. (Matthew 5:11 NIV)

As Jesus hung on the cross, He blessed and forgave those who put Him there, even while they were busy mocking Him and making fun of Him. Jesus knew it was better to focus His actions on fulfilling what God wanted Him to do rather than be distracted by the sinful words or behaviours of others.

While it may be a challenge, it is true that God will help us when we choose to stop the cycle of insults with kindness. This does not mean that we smile while our fists are clenched. It does mean that we give up the desire for revenge. We let God speak truth to our hearts and give us peace within so the insults and evil lies of others wash off us like oil on a non-stick pan surface. When we do this, we can then ask others to tell us what their problem is and listen long as they offer an explanation. Sometimes it is the right thing to simply walk away in peace and pray a blessing on the wounded angry person.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, I can’t imagine not insulting someone back when they insult me but I’m willing to do things Your way. With Your help I will do my best to bless someone who, either in the past or even today, speaks evil to me or about me. Remove all lies from my mind and heal my wounded heart and help me to see myself and others as You see them. Amen.

(co; Partner in Hope.)

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I think people feel powerful behind their computer screens. Of course in the BDF they are always right and everyone else is wrong.

I have had snowflake, liberal, judaizer, demon, and a few other choice names thrown my way and why? Because I believe in Gods 10 commandments that they are still valid today showing us the way of sin and lighting our path to the cross where Jesus paid the price because in my book if they are not valid today then there is no sin and no sin needs no sacrifice so God's commandments still have to be valid today.

If we met each other in real life face to face I dare say we would not be throwing names at each other but would probably act more civil and have a decent conversation but for some unknown strange reason it seems o.k. to throw names at each other as we type on our keyboards.

It is a form of bullying and an unchristian thing to do. It makes the typist somehow feel powerful while at the same time showing all of us their ignorance. Grown up people and especially Christian people should treat each other better after all shouldn't name calling be left on a child's playground? Just a thought....

The Golden Rule should still apply.... Do unto others the way you would have them do unto you.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
CC rule 1: Never go to the BDF. Just don't.

CC rule 2: If BDF refugees leak into more sane corners of the forum, treat them as trolls and starve them of the attention they need. It works just as well on lost BDF members as on trolls and they will wander back to their arguments.

CC rule 3: Whatever you are called by whomever, you are being called it by a person you will never meet. There isn't one opinion on this whole forum that matters unless the person expressing the opinion has earned the respect to listen to his opinion.

I am reminded of a kid on the church bus who was getting really upset because another kid said he was eight years old. Well he was in fact nine, not eight.
"But he keeps saying I'm eight!"
"Does that make you eight?"
"No."
"Then he's wrong. Ignore him."
I've reminded myself of that many times since then. There's a lot of people who are wrong and very vocal. I can argue with them or I can get on with my own life.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Someone once told me, every one gets stones tossed at them. I found that to be helpful to remember....

It is not that others being on the receiving end of tossed bitterness or unkindness brings comfort, just that when I remember it is just an unfortunate part of living in this fallen flesh for all of us, I can accept it without internalizing as much, lest I become a victim to my response.

I am so guilty of licking my wounds to the point of excessive detriment, causing inflammation to my heart and mind.

I suppose we just need to try harder to make sure we are gathering those stones tossed, then putting them in the forgiven pile, letting God do the rest, not keeping them to toss ourselves at others.

Sep 20, 2019
People can't seem to disagree civilly any more. Being RIGHT is more important than being polite. It's a shame. We should spend as much or MORE time listening as we do talking...

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

For the cause of Christ
Roger

For the cause of Christ
Roger
None of those derogatory terms are true. Someone calls you an idiot so you look in a mirror to see if that' true? Seriously?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Susanna. you certainly deserve respect and appreciation for your service, thankyou.
I am sorry for judging you, but until you prove you are not intelligent whitty
and beautiful then I must stick with my initial assessment.
Once again, Im sorry.
She is all of the above without a doubt.