Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

Listening to “you say” from lauren Daigle. Love this song, dont let satan cause you to doubt, believe what god says about you!

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
There is a joke here, and it is about distraction.

Security in Christ is to walk like Him and to know His Holy Spirit in ones life.
Those who do not experience this to any degree but have religion, hate this reality.

To them it is like a lie, that shuts them out of heaven. And to be so denied feels like
the enemy, hatred, rejection, condemnation and so those who create this feeling must
be cut down, opposed and corrected.

And my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ so it will be till judgement, because every time
they oppose the word of God, still deeper their opposition grows and the blindness to the truth
about redemption, repentance and confession of sins.

It is why we are called to carry our crosses, to know people will rise up and oppose all we know
and hold dear, to prove it is of God and not of man or this world.

I once saw the hatred and anger from such a religious man, probably not unlike the inquisition
as they used to torture people to gain a confession of guilt. One inquisitor invented a new device
upon which he was put, as the tables were turned and he became its victim.

I just thank Jesus, He keeps my heart and soul secure in Him and the Holy Spirit knowing His
words and His way. And my friends, I hope dearly, you as brothers and sisters in Christ believe
as I do, and am not alone in knowing Jesus Christ our saviour.

E

eternally-gratefull

There is a joke here, and it is about distraction.

Security in Christ is to walk like Him and to know His Holy Spirit in ones life.
Those who do not experience this to any degree but have religion, hate this reality.

To them it is like a lie, that shuts them out of heaven. And to be so denied feels like
the enemy, hatred, rejection, condemnation and so those who create this feeling must
be cut down, opposed and corrected.

And my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ so it will be till judgement, because every time
they oppose the word of God, still deeper their opposition grows and the blindness to the truth
about redemption, repentance and confession of sins.

It is why we are called to carry our crosses, to know people will rise up and oppose all we know
and hold dear, to prove it is of God and not of man or this world.

I once saw the hatred and anger from such a religious man, probably not unlike the inquisition
as they used to torture people to gain a confession of guilt. One inquisitor invented a new device
upon which he was put, as the tables were turned and he became its victim.

I just thank Jesus, He keeps my heart and soul secure in Him and the Holy Spirit knowing His
words and His way. And my friends, I hope dearly, you as brothers and sisters in Christ believe
as I do, and am not alone in knowing Jesus Christ our saviour.
Just more proof. Peter used these same words..

Sadly, He does not see the joke is on him.

Security is in christ, Not in self

If you think you are secure because of your walk. You do not understand christ at all

We have already established you have no desire to see what (in the flesh) or another term, Self Righteousness, is. You think it is certain sins, News flash, Thats wrong

It is an attitude of putting self first at any moment in any time.

One can do a morally good act and still it is sin, because he pr she is doing it with the wrong state of mind (they are doing it for love of self not God)

And no one, I mean NO ONE can 24/7 always put others first. Its impossible.. Because the flesh is always there, Seeking to serve self.. Paul. Who was spiritually mature beyond most people, could not always do what he wanted, His flesh still would overtake him, even though he already crucified it

If paul could not do it, anyone who thinks they can does nto Know God at all.. Or what true sin is..

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,
for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.
Do everything without complaining or arguing,
so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life--in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.
Phil 2:9-16

I wonder if being a friend has a context here.
Do we go to our friends and accuse them so sin (evil) and demand their agreement, tell them
they are wrong, lying, slanderous and then expect them to believe we are being friendly.

It is more like a gang, jumping on an innocent, and leaving them for dead at the side of the road.

Even quoting simple scripture, with plain truths gets a similar response.
So I do not expect anything will create a Godly response, beause the tree can only give what it
knows to be its way.

It sounds like this behaviour has been going on a long time, which is a sad testimony indeed.
But the Lords people will always answer His call, and stand with His word to witness to His love
and His Holy Spirit working in their lives, bringing His victory through the cross to life, like a light
on a hill. Praise the Lord.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Will the real original posters please stand up , please stand up , please stand up ( Slim shady )
If da cap fit , let dem wear it ( Bob Marley )
Ignore please if these song titles do not belong to you ;)

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I met someone who knew the Lord yesterday.
I met someone who did not know the Lord yesterday.

They live in different kingdoms and understanding, based on the works and experiences that guide them.
At the last judgement, Jesus will divide them

He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34: "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.
35: For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
36: I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
37: "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
38: When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?
39: When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
40: "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
41: "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
42: For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,
43: I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'
44: "They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'
45: "He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'
46: "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."
Matt 25:33-46

Jesus lays out the people of the Kingdom are loving and helpful, the people of the world are uncaring and cold.
What the heart is full of, so it expresses itself.

N

NoNameMcgee

for the record.... i liked peterjens a lot back when i was a sinless perfectionist.... we shared many messages

i have them saved

but when he was banned
and when i came to understand the gospel and Gods promises and peter came back as LLH

he lied so many times
had so many false accusations against me

and was acting completely void of a drop of love....

since then i knocked the dust off and have no desire to speak scripture with someone who not only rejects the truth

but justifies their own sin as righteousness...

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
1. Having a body
2. Not doing something you think you should do, or doing something not based on faith
3. Doing a sinful action as defined by Gods moral law
In re: 2

James 4:17
If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn't do it, it is sin for them.

Romans 14:23
But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

N

NoNameMcgee

Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,
for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.
so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life--in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.

Do we go to our friends and accuse them so sin (evil) and demand their agreement, tell them
they are wrong, lying, slanderous and then expect them to believe we are being friendly.

It is more like a gang, jumping on an innocent, and leaving them for dead at the side of the road.

So I do not expect anything will create a Godly response, beause the tree can only give what it
knows to be its way.

It sounds like this behaviour has been going on a long time, which is a sad testimony indeed.
But the Lords people will always answer His call, and stand with His word to witness to His love
and His Holy Spirit working in their lives, bringing His victory through the cross to life, like a light

I would like to ask for the second time, how many accounts have you used to post on this thread in total?

You claimed you currently have 1 account to answer me.....

but that is not an answer to my question.....

"How many accounts have you used to post in the not by works thread in total?"

E

eternally-gratefull

knows to be its way.

Work out the salvation you already have

Not work to earn salvation. (again, misrepresentation of scripture)

ps. A friend confronts a friend who is in sin, If he continues to allow his friend to live in sin, he is not a friend at all.

See, This person is in self preservation mode, He does what he always does, Tries to put the blame on others.

This is called seeking after the flesh. Not after the spirit.

A person who seeks after the spirit would try to find out why he can not understand what others are saying, he does not defend himself at all cost. Thats pride, not humility Price says I must defend, Humility says what am I missing.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
post's wife is caring for Nebula, who is enjoying some sunshine :) with purrs

we thank you for your prayers

MMS_95.jpeg

E

eternally-gratefull

for the record.... i liked peterjens a lot back when i was a sinless perfectionist.... we shared many messages

i have them saved

but when he was banned
and when i came to understand the gospel and Gods promises and peter came back as LLH

he lied so many times
had so many false accusations against me

and was acting completely void of a drop of love....

since then i knocked the dust off and have no desire to speak scripture with someone who not only rejects the truth

but justifies their own sin as righteousness...
this is what humility does. It is open to the fact he may be wrong, and seeks to understand why.

It is why you, as well as many of us, have changed many of our views since being here

Some are the same, no matter how many times they come

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
this is what humility does. It is open to the fact he may be wrong, and seeks to understand why.

It is why you, as well as many of us, have changed many of our views since being here

Some are the same, no matter how many times they come
This is true , they are easily recognized , yet deny it , where is their conscience ?...xox...

N

NoNameMcgee

post's wife is caring for Nebula, who is enjoying some sunshine :) with purrs

we thank you for your prayers

View attachment 194979

that is one of the most beautiful cats ive ever seen in my life... doesnt look a day over 7😃

praise God for keeping her kicking for so long😏

(24 years.... such a blessing)

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I would like to ask for the second time, how many accounts have you used to post on this thread in total?
You claimed you currently have 1 account to answer me.....
but that is not an answer to my question.....
"How many accounts have you used to post in the not by works thread in total?"
Lol. I claimed I have one account duhhhhhh, enough said. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
you never used a different account other than "followhissteps" to post on christianchat?
Sounds like you want to know something, I wonder what that is?
May be reassurance that you are right about something for once ...... lol