Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
Go back and really read my Posts from the resent past.

I have been through this MANY TIMES with other people.

Here are a few of those verses, and if you don't believe these few, then I doubt if you would listen to any of the rest of the verses I could post.

Philippians 1:6 (HCSB)
6 I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Philippians 2:13 (HCSB)
13 For it is God who is working in you, ⌊enabling you⌋ both to desire and to work out His good purpose.

Ephesians 1:11-14 (HCSB)
11 We have also received an inheritance in Him, predestined according to the purpose of the One who works out everything in agreement with the decision of His will,
so that we who had already put our hope in the Messiah might bring praise to His glory.
13 When you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and when you believed in Him, you were also sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.
14 He is the down payment of our inheritance, for the redemption of the possession, to the praise of His glory.

2 Timothy 2:19 (ESV)
19 But God’s firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: The Lord knows those who are his,”
and, “Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity.”

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (HCSB)
19 Don’t you know that your body is a sanctuary of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,
20 for you were bought at a price. Therefore glorify God in your body.
Why are you now avoiding the very specific scriptures I posted. Yes I know you post all these others. I am zoning on what 2 Peter 1v5-11 specifically means to you. It won't take too long to respond. I hope this is not another to-and-fro avoidance. That would be dissappointing.

iymus

Feb 15, 2016
John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Jesus is God.
This is total abomination.

You are saying or implying that Jesus is God because he put on the flesh of men.

Jesus is God because he was made flesh????? Critical Thinking please

---------------------------

Jesus was God because " All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. "

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Jesus is the Son of God because John bare record/ testified of this.

Joh 1:34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.
-----------------------

was God as in being appointed the authority of God to do the will of God.

is Son of God because he is the same yesterday, today and forever

The Father is God.

The Word is the Son of God

Sep 6, 2014
1Co 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

1Co 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

your bias has no foundation and is not in alignment with the oracles of God and volume of the book.

This is essentially what you are doing:

5+5 = 10 yes

5*5 = 25 yes

However 5+5*5 equals 30.

But you are arguing with me that it is 50.

The reason 5+5*5 is equal to 30 is because the foundation or order of operations or natural order is that you are required to multiply before you add. it does not matter that we read left to right in the English language. the order of operations or foundation is precedent / expedient.

the Commandments of God or Love of God or will and works of The Father all trump the Triniarian doctine of men or interpretations of man.

The Trinitarians doctrine of Men is a man made creed not a commandment of God.

Therefore Deu 6:4 trumps which is the first part of the greatest commandment trumps it

Therefore the will of the Father trumps it.

Jesus never said that he is I AM That I Am. That lie needs to stop being told

If I AM THAT I AM were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from If I AM THAT I AM; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Is what John 8:42 would equate to.

Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

Joh 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

-----------------------------------

It only breaks my heart that you are not going to get it.
John 20:28-29
And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!

29Jesus said to him, [f]“Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
So in your opinion,... Thomas was mistaken?

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
Long winded version

iymus, what are your thoughts on comparing these two scriptures:

Exodus 20
3 “You shall have no other gods before Me.
4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor [b]serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God,

Matthew 28
9 And [b]as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, “Rejoice!” So they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him.

Dec 6, 2019
Perhaps your Spirit is willing yet your flesh is weak. rebuke principalities and powers. read it again. i numbered and divided it a bit but won't tell you which number is which. Out of 100 that will read perhaps only two will grasp it anyways.

Mat 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
There are three phrases in John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word

The Word was with God

The Word was God.

We know that the Word existed in the beginning eternal (John 1:1), made all things (John 1:3), is the Light of men (John 1:4), made the world (John 1:10), became flesh (John 1:14) and took away the sins of the world (John 1:19)

This Word was in the begining with God (distinct person from Father and Holy Spirit) and was God (Diety).

Dec 12, 2013
If people would stop worrying about what everyone else is doing, and start worrying about their own situation, they would wake up and see true grace because they would finally see their own sin, instead of hiding behind the fact they are not as bad as these others so they must be ok

thats a lie fabricated by satan himself
100% agree

E

EleventhHour

Jesus never said that he is I AM That I Am. That lie needs to stop being told
Jesus clearly identified with this statement and you sir are in DENIAL.

14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.”1 And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘I am has sent me to you.’

Exodus 3:14

Sep 6, 2014
This is total abomination.

You are saying or implying that Jesus is God because he put on the flesh of men.

Jesus is God because he was made flesh????? Critical Thinking please

---------------------------

Jesus was God because " All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. "

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Jesus is the Son of God because John bare record/ testified of this.

Joh 1:34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.
-----------------------

was God as in being appointed the authority of God to do the will of God.

is Son of God because he is the same yesterday, today and forever

The Father is God.

The Word is the Son of God
So you openly deny the deity of Christ?

Titus 2:13
looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
www.youtube.com
All I posted was pure scripture. Emphasising areas often overlooked. So what is the "nice try Sherlock" all about?
False pride. What is it that pride goes before
I actually trust Jesus unlike you and your salvation losing working for pals
False. You have no idea of my relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and His great goodness and grace manifested in my life. Your maxims are maxims of ashes and your judgements will fall upon your own head.

iymus

Feb 15, 2016
So in your opinion,... Thomas was mistaken?
I am simply going to paste these verse below. Perhaps reading comprehension will be used and a fuller context will be received.

Joh 20:16 Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Joh 20:18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

Joh 20:30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:
Joh 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

----------------------------

1Jn 5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

1Ti 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

2Jn 1:3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

Rom 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Dec 12, 2013
No disagreement here. Thank God for His faithfulness

But now that our salvation is secure, the next thing to address is what we’re going to do with it. I want to receive everything that Jesus died to give me. But my laziness or distraction or whatever, may cause me to neglect the gift God has given me, so there is a need to be dilligent

Not to retain salvation, but so that God is glorified in us and our joy may be full. I know you know that, but just speaking to everyone in general.
To set this straight and as I have pointed out in the VOLUME of this thread the saved will include...

a. Non workers that have the wood, hay and stubble crispy fried, yet saved

b. Those that labor and have works of gold, silver and precious stones

c. Weak, unfaithful saved that bear little if any fruit

d. Very faithful that bear an abundance

e. Those faithful over a Few things and made ruler over much

f. Saved that sell out to sin and are cut loose for the destruction of the flesh

g. Saved that sin horrifically like David, chastened his whole life because of it yet saved

h. Those that lose faith and become faithless, yet saved because JESUS CANNOT deny himself!

The gift is irrevocable by God and he may whip the crap out of us, but does not cast us away, keeps us by his power and NOTHING can separate us from his love......!

Dec 12, 2013
False pride. What is it that pride goes before

False. You have no idea of my relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and His great goodness and grace manifested in my life. Your maxims are maxims of ashes and your judgements will fall upon your own head.
Sure I do, by the dogma you peddle genius!

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
Hebrews 1
8 But to the Son He says:
Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A [f]scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
10 And:
“You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
1 John 5
7 For there are three that bear witness [b]in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

Dec 12, 2013
If someone looses their faith, what then?
The bible answers this....IF WE BECOME FAITHLESS, HE abides faithful because he cannot deny himself....

What you guys cannot grasp....to say we can lose salvation by losing faith makes Jesus a liar....

He begins, finishes and COMPLETES the work of faith in us BECAUSE HE ABIDES FAITHFUL AND CANNOT DENY HIMSELF EVEN IF WE BECOME FAITHLESS!!!!!

wake up man.....salvation is secure!

Sep 6, 2014
2 Timothy 1:9
who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
Genesis 1
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness [a]was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.

God - Elohim (Plural)

Word: MIDL@

Pronounce: el-o-heem'

Strong: H430

Orig: plural of 433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative:--angels, X exceeding, God (gods)(-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty. H433

Use: TWOT-93c Noun Masculine

Grk Strong: G2304 G2316 G2316 G2962

1. 1) (plural)
    1a) rulers, judges
    1b) divine ones
    1c) angels
    1d) gods
    2) (plural intensive-singular meaning)
    2a) god, goddess
    2b) godlike one
    2c) works or special possessions of God
    2d) the (true) God
    2e) God

iymus

Feb 15, 2016
So you openly deny the deity of Christ?

Titus 2:13
looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,
denying that he is the Anointed of God our Father is denying Christ.

1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

---------------------------------

1Co 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
---------------------------------

The son is an appointed saviour. If not he would have came in his own name but he couldn't because only the name and authority of the Lord our God The Father can save.

Isa 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

-------------

Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
Joh 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Act 5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
Act 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Isa 45:15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.

Joh 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.