Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
And that's what I'm saying........not a lot of godly people in the church today.
Judge, you just stated that God’s grace is not a get out of jail free card and then you stated that it is a get out of jail free card.

On another note, there are no perfect people but there are more godly people in the church than ungodly people in the church. Besides, what your definition of godly?

Dec 12, 2013
Salvation is free...and along the path of righteousness which the saved tread, when a saint comes under Holy Spirit conviction of sin yet refuses to repent of it, he proves that the low low cost of "free" has become too high a price to pay for eternal life. God's love is conditional, salvation is not.
If you think God's love is conditional...I suggest you are in error and do not KNOW WHAT YOU are talking about....

It is NOT that we LOVED HIM, BUT that HE LOVED US and GAVE HIMSELF FOR US......and he did this while we were DEAD IN TRESPASSES and SIN.....

Dec 12, 2013
The following quote is false....not of God and straight from the pits of hell....Folks....do not believe the religious bs peddled by this dude in the following post....his dogma leads straight to the many that claim Chirst, but are rejected because of the false gospel he embraces and peddles!
...as long as you are still doing the believing you started out in.
All the promises are for those with present tense, uninterrupted believing, not for those who never believed or who used to believe.

Unbelievers do not inherit the kingdom of God.

Dec 12, 2013
Judge, you just stated that God’s grace is not a get out of jail free card and then you stated that it is a get out of jail free card.

On another note, there are no perfect people but there are more godly people in the church than ungodly people in the church. Besides, what your definition of godly?
He is a walking talking biblical contradiction.....as false as they come!

Dec 12, 2013
Your theology is horrible.
Time constraints have kept me from addressing it in full in the 'James' thread.
Your dual gospel is easily debunked.

Justification/salvation has ALWAYS been by faith.
The Covenant of faith existed before there was even any Israelites and the law, and the covenant of law can not in any way shape or form change or replace or nullify the Covenant made before it.
The above, if not such a tragically inept false statement would be hilarious....Listen pal....go look in the mirror and repeat that to yourself....your gospel and theology does not even equate to anything biblical.....you just wait...your time will come....and when you stand before Jesus and boast how YOU MAINTAINED YOUR FAITH....we all know what he will say....reference the MANY that he denies!!!!

Dec 12, 2013
Of course I want to be righteous.
I love righteousness, don't you?
That's why God's grace in the forgiveness of my sins is so precious to me and why I cling to it.
It cleanses me of the unrighteousness I hate.
And His Spirit gives me the righteousness I long for.
Not just in a legal declaration of right standing with Him.
But in the righteousness of a holy life, too.
And where I fail that, I have His continuing forgiveness through my continuing faith to cleanse that failure away.

So many Christians think God's grace is a declaration of righteousness. The end.
They don't seem to seek or care about acting out God's righteousness in daily living and being righteous that way.
They make grace a license to NOT have to seek or care about that.
It's very discouraging to see that in the church today.
I'm not going to pretend not to know what the Bible says about those who do that.
Then actually trust Jesus by faith instead of your self pal!

E

EleventhHour

I've been saying this all along.
The BELIEVER--not the unbeliever, and not the person who has stopped believing--has the life that is eternal. The believer receives eternal life the moment he starts believing. This is not in dispute. What you disagree with is you have to continue that believing in order to continue to have what that believing lays hold of.

Matthew 18:21-35 dispels all myths that somehow 'gifts' can not be taken back:

32“...‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ 34In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

35“This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.” - Matthew 18:32-35

dispels all myths that somehow 'gifts' can not be taken back:
Only in your dictionary "gift" means loan, reward or bribe...:rolleyes:

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
how about this - I do not care about Hebrews 3. yes, I said it, I mean it,
because Hebrews 3 is NOT a stand alone directive.

the Bible is to be taken as a whole. not chopped into pieces and theology be built around those pieces.

and, since Israel walked through a sea with walls of water on each side (or if was the reed sea, and the wall was 4 feet high, that is still impressive) and saw with there own eyes God's awesome presence descend on Sinai, yet STILL complained and doubted, that would indicate a lack of a strong inner belief.
Amen! Jude 1:5 - Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who (stopped believing? NO) did not believe.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Amen! Jude 1:5 - Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who (stopped believing? NO) did not believe.
We are either in Christ =Saved
We are either out of Christ ( Dead ) unsaved

This judges thinks we can flip flop in and out...

He does not believe the words of our LORD when Jesus said in John 6:37
"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.

God keeps us , we cannot keep ourselves , if we could , then everyday we would lose our Salvation...

Great is His faithfulness Amen...
...xox...

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
We are either in Christ =Saved
We are either out of Christ ( Dead ) unsaved

This judges thinks we can flip flop in and out...

He does not believe the words of our LORD when Jesus said in John 6:37
"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.

God keeps us , we cannot keep ourselves , if we could , then everyday we would lose our Salvation...

Great is His faithfulness Amen...
...xox...
Amen! Salvation is not probation. Eternal life is not temporary life. Jesus is the door. He is not a revolving door. :)

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Amen! Salvation is not probation. Eternal life is not temporary life. Jesus is the door. He is not a revolving door. :)
He is doing nothing to build the Kingdom up and it is so noticable...
I can only imagine Jesus saying to him
" Well what did you teach to babes in Me "
and all is he can say at this moment was
" Well I was tearing down Your Kingdom , and saying the complete opposite to what You said "

We will all have to give an account of such things , life is a struggle , the narrow path is tight enough without judges being a scare monger to those who are weak in the faith ...

He is not a comforter at all , he is a naysayer...
...xox...

E

EleventhHour

One act of believing that continues uninterrupted to the very end is sufficient to save eternally. All the promises of salvation and eternal life are to those who presently believe, not to those who never believed, or who have stopped believing.

]One act of believing that continues uninterrupted to the very end is sufficient to save eternally.
You change your story about every other minute.... where is this in scripture?

I guess Peter was in big trouble then and others in the scripture as well.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Not a lot of "godly people in church today." Who is to decide the heart of mankind? God Himself will do the judging . But it is worth repeating that the pot may be calling the kettle black. If one peddles that Christians have to "hold onto" in order to "keep their salvation", how can that person judge who is godly and who is not?