Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
In Recent Years, there has been a RECENT INCREASE in UFO type of TV programs. I have to chuckle every time someone thinks it is a Conspiracy to Hide UFO's have Visited earth. I was in the U.S. Air Force between 1968-1972. One of the Top Secret Air Craft at that time, that arrive on our Base the SR71 BlackBird. In a briefing they actually said, "If anyone want to believe they saw a UFO on our Base; let them. It is the perfect cover up story, then you can honestly say there is no such thing."

Now how many of those were reported as UFO's in the early 70's. So much for UFO's.

Another Myth you hear about usually in early September is the legend of BIG FOOT.

Now look at the fall colors on the leaves. So if you want to keep people out of the woods, during the Marijuana Harvest, dress a tall but up in a gorilla costume, take a video of him, and MOST PEOPLE WILL STAY OUT OF THE WOODS for a few weeks.

So what does the bible about those kind of MYTHS.

They will return unto MYTHS.
If I saw anyone man in the woods, I probably be running out of there. Whether he is dressed up as a big foot or not that's just freaky to me.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
If I saw anyone man in the woods, I probably be running out of there. Whether he is dressed up as a big foot or not that's just freaky to me.

That is why the do it, to keep them out of the woods at harvest time for the marijuana. I used to live in northern California, and the next town south of us was a large marijuana growing grounds in the woods. We, most of the locals, knew that was why they did it, and most Americans just get spooked and do not go in the woods that time of the year.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Oh, just go over to the Calvinite thread where the following errors are peddled....

God only saves the extra special chosen ones while choosing .ost men for hell.

Salvation is a God willed and forced product with no chouce and no need for the gospel to he preached

Regeneration takes place before fsith anf salvation which are a product of "a"above.
That would be a thread I will absolutely stay away from. Sounds like false teaching to me.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Yep I get angry to the core whenever the Power of our Lord is questioned and I will hurl whatever I feel is necessary to cut in half such sacrilegious actions

Feb 28, 2016
the one thing that we, hub and I most value is the 'peace' that our Saviour has Blessed us with,
especially is the knowing and living in the knowing that His Grace is sufficient for us in every
situation that is set before us and that all will bear fruit in the end...

Dec 12, 2013
the one thing that we, hub and I most value is the 'peace' that our Saviour has Blessed us with,
especially is the knowing and living in the knowing that His Grace is sufficient for us in every
Peace is great, but two cannot walk together unless agreed.

Truth n lies
Light n dark
Christ n Belial
Good n evil
etc......

They cannot blend, mix, socialize, harmonize, fellowship, have concord etc....

This whole, swallowed farce that we are all believers, all Christians, all biblical is exactly that....a farce....

There are defining rock solid truths that lay the groundwork and position of being biblical. The GOSPEL is the first on the list. If the GOSPEL is wrong, conflated, in error, false....it has NO POWER, is anti-GOD, Antichrist, opposes the truth and demands to be confronted with the truth.

The problem on a page with just words....attitude, anger etc. gets read in where there is none.....we have gotten to the point (humanity, Americans) where people are so easily offeded that we need to have idiotic (SAFE SPACES).....A DISSENTING view automatically = harassment, or venom or anger......instead of warriors standing for truth we coddle evil for the sake of unity....instead of love for the truth we coddle error for the sake of so called false Christian unity....

Our society, churches, people that name Jesus are in the SAME BOAT JUDAH was in right before being judged by God via the Babylonians....a complete compromise of truth, Faux Christian appeasement and the suppression of those that will decry foul and warn those who have wandered!!!!

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
yes, Jeremiah tells us that the people told him ( paraphrase) " everything was fine when we were worshiping the queen of heaven , now that we stopped, things have gone really wrong...

the people could not understand that the reason things were going really bad was BECAUSE they were worshiping other gods..

just like folks today..

E

EleventhHour

Peace is great, but two cannot walk together unless agreed.

Truth n lies
Light n dark
Christ n Belial
Good n evil
etc......

They cannot blend, mix, socialize, harmonize, fellowship, have concord etc....

This whole, swallowed farce that we are all believers, all Christians, all biblical is exactly that....a farce....

There are defining rock solid truths that lay the groundwork and position of being biblical. The GOSPEL is the first on the list. If the GOSPEL is wrong, conflated, in error, false....it has NO POWER, is anti-GOD, Antichrist, opposes the truth and demands to be confronted with the truth.

The problem on a page with just words....attitude, anger etc. gets read in where there is none.....we have gotten to the point (humanity, Americans) where people are so easily offended that we need to have idiotic (SAFE SPACES).....A DISSENTING view automatically = harassment, or venom or anger......instead of warriors standing for truth we coddle evil for the sake of unity....instead of love for the truth we coddle error for the sake of so called false Christian unity....

Our society, churches, people that name Jesus are in the SAME BOAT JUDAH was in right before being judged by God via the Babylonians....a complete compromise of truth, Faux Christian appeasement and the suppression of those that will decry foul and warn those who have wandered!!!!
Amen!

......for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
AKJV 2Cor 6:14

So much so that false teachers are not on the periphery but inside because of the very reasons you stated above.

Feb 28, 2016
'wow' DC,
I was talking about Hub and myself -
did you just 'go-off' about me using the word (all)???
I was still referring to hub and myself and ALL that truly
belong to Jesus Christ...

come-on Brother, seems as though someone is influencing you and
dragging you to places that are not productive, your personality has
changed a bit... -

wondering if you have an 'alter-ego', or just someone who feedd your ego
at every corner...
you really need to let this thread GO to the graveyard, and hopefully
start anew another...

we Love you much and only pray that you will 'move-on' and do some
really wonderful ministering without a monkey on your back...

Dec 12, 2013
yes, Jeremiah tells us that the people told him ( paraphrase) " everything was fine when we were worshiping the queen of heaven , now that we stopped, things have gone really wrong...

the people could not understand that the reason things were going really bad was BECAUSE they were worshiping other gods..

just like folks today..
Kind of like a god that....

Makes men for hell
Wills salvation with no choice
Accepts a gospel-less salvation

etc.....!!

Dec 12, 2013
'wow' DC,
I was talking about Hub and myself -
did you just 'go-off' about me using the word (all)???
I was still referring to hub and myself and ALL that truly
belong to Jesus Christ...

come-on Brother, seems as though someone is influencing you and
dragging you to places that are not productive, your personality has
changed a bit... -

wondering if you have an 'alter-ego', or just someone who feedd your ego
at every corner...
you really need to let this thread GO to the graveyard, and hopefully
start anew another...

we Love you much and only pray that you will 'move-on' and do some
really wonderful ministering without a monkey on your back...
I am sorry that you took my post wrong....I was not going off on you just laying out the general state of Christiandom today......sorry!

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Amen. John 15.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Kind of like a god that....

Makes men for hell
Wills salvation with no choice
Accepts a gospel-less salvation

etc.....!!
hell is for the devil and his angels. God is not willing that any should perish, but that all come to repentance. I am grateful that at one time I was unwilling, but God drew me with ropes of love. The Good News is the power of God to save for everyone who believes.

Dec 12, 2013
hell is for the devil and his angels. God is not willing that any should perish, but that all come to repentance. I am grateful that at one time I was unwilling, but God drew me with ropes of love. The Good News is the power of God to save for everyone who believes.
Amen.....it is open to all, but only those that believe will be saved...

unfortunately we have some here that peddle a God willed, forced salvation with no choice by man and the unlucky ones out of luck because God hates all lost men and only loves the saved.....

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
Amen.....it is open to all, but only those that believe will be saved...

unfortunately we have some here that peddle a God willed, forced salvation with no choice by man and the unlucky ones out of luck because God hates all lost men and only loves the saved.....
I would not agree with that.

The Father draws men to believe on the Son and those who believe are born of the Spirit.

OIC1965

Sep 19, 2020
I would not agree with that.

The Father draws men to believe on the Son and those who believe are born of the Spirit.
Eleventh hour, I was disagreeing with the doctrine he was speaking against, the one that says that some are doomed from the womb, not what he was saying.