Open marriage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jarvewilson

Bible says :Marriage is honorable unto the lord, the bed is not defiled. It not good that man should leave alone, so gave a patner, to share each other problem. But If you reach a time that the problem is not be solved. Please do not leave hope. God has a great plan for you, please sumbit your life to the Lord for the purpose he had choosen you. He had choosen you for his purpose. That's why he allows you to go through this path. He teaches you because he wants you to console others who are going through the ways as you go. So submit to the lord continue in prayer very soon you will see the change in your husband and well as in your life, like growing with him. Finally great joy and peace will rest in your house. Then both of you will do a great ministry for the people who are broken family, or about to be broken. God Bless you.

B

bravethea

I cant even imagine :(

R

ROSSELLA

is this question for real? How long have you been born again 3 hours?
It doesn't matter how long someone has been saved. Everyone has gaps in one"s understanding. What's clear to one person may not be clear to another.

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
OP, are you serious? You can't find anything that forbids an "open marriage?" Have you read the Ten Commandments? Thou shalt not commit adultery?

I don't mean to sound condescending, but really... Start reading your Bible, sister.

Jul 27, 2016
I need help I'm so confused. My husband and I love each other so much and he is not a Christian (which he told me he was) but I have learned to accept it cause of how strong our love is. We recently have talked about an open marriage and i finally gave in and said fine for a month only cause I couldn't find anything online about it being against god. But i have been having second thoughts and I need to know if this is against what God would want..... every time I tell him I'm not sure about it he some how convince me it's ok and he will never love anyone more than me...
Open marriage is wrong and evil. It is basically to 5hag anyone you want, it's like not having a relationship at all. God tells us that we can ONLY have sexual relations with the woman we marry. And this? Completely goes against everything. Just satanic and evil.

If he won't accept it, then dump him. Who cares about some loser that only cares about 5ex?

B

Beebecky

Hi sis, love does matter in every relationship but love without God is nothing. I am a victim of this and I tell you my husband and I love each other but because there is no God factor we have divers of issues, as I type to you now, we are on the verge of separation. It is very easy at the beginning when the love is still very strong without anything to worry about but along the way the canality in the man sets in and I tell you its not a good experience. Pray harder for God to lead and direct you. Shalom

O

OldSoldier

Many on here are quick to judge, and quick to claim adultry. However, if you research you will find that in ancient times in Isreal adultry was simply stealing another mans property. Women ranked right up there with his cattle, house and land. A man could not commit adultry unless he had relations with another mans wife or with an engaged woman. A woman (married) committed adultry by having sex with anyone other than her husband. It's that simple. In other words, today, if a married man who is a Christian has sex with an unmarried or un-engaged woman, he has not committed adultry. How do we like that? Jesus mentioned sex 4 times, and always in the realm of adultry. He did not mention it in any other context that I can find. Since Paul admonished women to remain silent in chirch, and ask thier husbands questions at home, why are we not following that advice? It seems we Chtristians pick and choose out "sins" at times. All this being said, I once heard a Rabbi say that "if I loan you me wife, you have not committed adultry. If you steal my wife you have". I assume that in the old days you could loan your oxen to a man and he was not stealing or "coveting" your property. So, I am sort of on the fence regarding this matter, and asking God for more guidence regarding it. But going strictly by Old and New Testament writing, I do not find what you are struggling with addressed. Paul, who was sex neutural, and wished that all could be celibate like him, wrote much on the subject. But Jesus seemed to not have found it such an important matter.

C

CaptainGoat

It is no excuse for a man to have sex with another woman other then his wife. Just by the stress and heartache it would cause the wife should be enough to show this. Didn't Jesus command a husband to love his wife? If he is joining himself in sex with others, he has not loved his wife as he should.

T

Tabitha4thelord

Thank you CaptainGoat
I wanted to say something
because I felt that this was wrong
I don't believe In open marriages
when I marry him, He Is all mine
I wont share my man
I would fight tooth and nail

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Open marriages are just wrong and immoral. Leads to all sorts of sin..

Feb 28, 2016
an 'open-pretend-marriage'
is the same as
a 'fake'-and fool-yourselves-marriage...

R

RBW8

I need help I'm so confused. My husband and I love each other so much and he is not a Christian (which he told me he was) but I have learned to accept it cause of how strong our love is. We recently have talked about an open marriage and i finally gave in and said fine for a month only cause I couldn't find anything online about it being against god. But i have been having second thoughts and I need to know if this is against what God would want..... every time I tell him I'm not sure about it he some how convince me it's ok and he will never love anyone more than me...
An open relationship is still very much an unfaithful relationship. Being with only your spouse is literally the very basis of marriage.

R

RBW8

Adulterous or not, (it is) abaraham showed a lesson in being with another. Even mutually agreed, they both knew it was wrong. Both immediately regretted it and it caused long term problems.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Many on here are quick to judge, and quick to claim adultry. However, if you research you will find that in ancient times in Isreal adultry was simply stealing another mans property. Women ranked right up there with his cattle, house and land. A man could not commit adultry unless he had relations with another mans wife or with an engaged woman. A woman (married) committed adultry by having sex with anyone other than her husband. It's that simple. In other words, today, if a married man who is a Christian has sex with an unmarried or un-engaged woman, he has not committed adultry. How do we like that? Jesus mentioned sex 4 times, and always in the realm of adultry. He did not mention it in any other context that I can find. Since Paul admonished women to remain silent in chirch, and ask thier husbands questions at home, why are we not following that advice? It seems we Chtristians pick and choose out "sins" at times. All this being said, I once heard a Rabbi say that "if I loan you me wife, you have not committed adultry. If you steal my wife you have". I assume that in the old days you could loan your oxen to a man and he was not stealing or "coveting" your property. So, I am sort of on the fence regarding this matter, and asking God for more guidence regarding it. But going strictly by Old and New Testament writing, I do not find what you are struggling with addressed. Paul, who was sex neutural, and wished that all could be celibate like him, wrote much on the subject. But Jesus seemed to not have found it such an important matter.
Create an account. CHECK Search out a 3 month stale thread on open marriage. CHECK Make an absurd comparison between wives and oxen with your very 1st post. CHECK-MATE!!!

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
Have you bothered to read the stories of Abraham, David, Solomon? Good luck having it end any better than these chosen men of G-d. G-d told us in Torah a man shall leave his parents and become one with his wife and to not commit adultery. Our forefathers did what was socially acceptable in that time. But you will never find where it was blessed to have more than one wife, in fact every time it ended badly. And if you gust agreed to commit adultery, well you'll never be blessed on purpose being disobedient to G-d. Adultery is sin, the wages of sin is death in one form or the other.

D

DarkRose

But...in bible times didn't men commonly have more than one wife?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Thank you CaptainGoat
I wanted to say something
because I felt that this was wrong
I don't believe In open marriages
when I marry him, He Is all mine
I wont share my man
I would fight tooth and nail
I don't believe in sharing either.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
But...in bible times didn't men commonly have more than one wife?
Yes, but that didn't make it right. I wonder how the first wife would feel knowing that her husband has now married another? Was it acceptable for a woman to have more than 1 husband? Don't hear much about that.

presidente

May 29, 2013
The Bible says 'Thou shalt not commit adultery.'

Why would you agree with him sleeping with other women?

presidente

May 29, 2013
Many on here are quick to judge, and quick to claim adultry. However, if you research you will find that in ancient times in Isreal adultry was simply stealing another mans property. Women ranked right up there with his cattle, house and land. A man could not commit adultry unless he had relations with another mans wife or with an engaged woman. A woman (married) committed adultry by having sex with anyone other than her husband. It's that simple. In other words, today, if a married man who is a Christian has sex with an unmarried or un-engaged woman, he has not committed adultry.
Then you should call it fornication. And God gets vengence on those who commit such sins as Paul wrote to the Thessalonians.

How do we like that? Jesus mentioned sex 4 times, and always in the realm of adultry.
I can think of a couple of passages where he mentioned fornication as well.

All this being said, I once heard a Rabbi say that "if I loan you me wife, you have not committed adultry. If you steal my wife you have".
This man was no rabbi. If you have sex with another man's wife, it doesn't matter if you stole or borrowed her; you would still be committing adultery.

I assume that in the old days you could loan your oxen to a man and he was not stealing or "coveting" your property.
Sex and borrowing labor aren't the same thing. If your neighbor had his wife cook you some loaves of bread, that's not adultery. If he consented to you having sex with her, it's still adultery. Adultery is a sin against God. His consent doesn't make it not a sin. Neither does hers.

Leviticus 18:20
20 Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbour's wife, to defile thyself with her.