People think you have to keep grace on a leash

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

yup

plus, Jonah did not want to go to the city...God insisted on it, so, once again we can see where the real love comes from

all this nonsense about God dropping us on our heads if we sin is borderline blasphemy IMO.

God's character is trodden on and His love is made human rather than holy and divine.

Good thing God knows why we are the way we are and how we got to wherever we are...mistaken or not

Amen.

If we look internally, no matter how GOOD we may think we are. we can only if we are honest with ourselves. admit how wretched we are (like paul did in rom 7)

That is what empowers us to love others. because we realize just how much God loves us. and forgave us. There is no power in their gospel. only hate, judgment, and pride.

E

ember

yes...and we have to be vigilant about that too...so easy sometimes to get those pomegranites and bells going

F

forsha

Well, there is a very peculiar thing about Romans 8:35-39. The only things not listed on that list of things that cannot separate you from the love of Christ is yourself and or sin (Which are internal things of your own choosing). That list you quoted are external things; Not internal.

Also, you have to read Romans 8:1 that says there is no Condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus who WALK after the Spirit and NOT after the flesh. Romans continues to also say, Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God." (Romans 8:7-8).
Jason, About what you have just quoted about, How does the carnal man, void of the Spirit, get eternally saved, if he is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be which goes along with 1 Cor 2:14?

F

forsha

Uh no. There are many unbelievers and or religionists who struggle to keep the Law and or in doing what is right and they are not happy because they fail in doing so. Take for example those who are drunks and or those who struggle with being a sex addict. Besides, we know without a shadow of a doubt that this is not Paul talking as a Christian but before he was one when he was a Jew trying to wrongfully be justified by keeping the Law. We know this because in Romans 7:14 he says he is sold under sin and in Romans 8:2 he says he is free from sin. You can't have it both ways. You are either sold under sin or free from sin. It cannot be both.
Yes, you can have it both ways. Those that Christ died for are free from sin, being washed as white as snow by Jesus's sacrifice and he will raise them all up at the last day, without the loss of even one, John 6:39. Those that were redeemed back to God, by his sacrifice, did not get rid of their fleshly nature, which lives within us along with the Spirit, which is what Paul has just told us in the previous verses. All of God's children do fight the same warfare as Paul did, even yourself, if you would admit it.

B

BradC

Perhaps it be more wise if you focused on the actual topic with some Scripture instead of trying to slander me for a change. That is what I am getting at. You are not really being loving, productive and or on topic.

So with keeping with the topic: What kind of sins can grace cover and not cover according to the Bible?
How does one administer grace personally for themselves according to the Bible?
Every believer learns by grace to unconditionally love themselves as God loves them. No matter what you may do in the flesh you never condemn yourself, yet you judge yourself according to grace and truth through the righteousness of God. There are standards of conduct that we come under by grace and truth and not by law. Whatever comes from the heart through the flesh that involves sin and iniquity, it must be met with grace and the blood of Christ. Grace first, because Christ did not come to condemn and then the blood second to keep fresh in our minds and hearts what Christ has done to sin and iniquity.

Many times we only focus on sin and forget what iniquity is. We refrain from certain sin yet we engage in iniquity without realizing it. Iniquity has to do with meekness. Are we entreatable, can we humble ourselves under the hand of God, can we lay our lives down and esteem others better than ourselves. Meekness also involves how we hear the word and what we do with it. Do we hear it to live by it through faith and allow the Holy Spirit to quicken us in the situations of life or do we become a hearer only and never apply or do what we have been convicted to do or partake of through the word?

Moses was meek because he heard God's word (mouth to mouth) and did what God led and told him to do. He did not resist conviction nor was he sentimental with the people, though he loved them and cared for them. Moses never presumed against God except in the case of the water of Meribah when in anger he struck the rock twice with the rod instead of speaking to it, doing this in the sight of the people. For this he was banished from entering the promised land but was able to see it from afar and then died in the land of Moab (Numbers 20:10-12, Deut 34:1-5).

Psalm 25:8-12

8 Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
9 The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.
10 All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
11 For thy name's sake, O Lord, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great.
12 What man is he that feareth the Lord? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.

F

forsha

Jason you come in here and argue with anyone and everyone who disagrees with you, even if you are wrong most of the time.

We often see you posting comments,... even to your own comments when no one is willing to play your silly games.

Dude get a life and stop coming in here to argue. You have become like a broken record and sadly a lot of us aren't willing to give you the time of day because of that........Adios muchacho!....... REPENT!
Take it a little easier on Jason, he has the right to defend his belief, even if it is a false doctrine. Each of us, individually, would be the only one on this forum if we took your stand. When we are confronted with a false doctrine, it gives us a motive to study more when defending our belief, which keeps our heads in the word, and that can not be bad. I love to discuss the bible, even though, I know that the only way anyone can understand the truth of the scriptures is by the revelation of the Holy Spirit.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
How do you know one save / has a grace of salvation?

If one doing God will, love etc than he is in the grace of salvation.

Matthew 7:16-20King James Version (KJV)

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

3Scoreand10

Yeah you keep saying this, I hear this from you people all the time, yet in my almost 50 years on earth, I have never heard one person claim this. I am not saying it never happens, James confronted them, peter chastened them, and Jude outright condemned them. just stating a fact. you say you hear all these people saying it like it is a huge problem. but I have never heard it. maybe it is a problem where you live, because you legalists have pushed them away from God? ( I know I have seen this happen alot)

who says or does this? I have yet to hear a person say this, even a non child of God would look at you like your a hypocrite if you claim you have faith in God, yet claim you never has to do a thing he says. your straw man has no weight, because it is based on a false premise that MAY be true in some people. but the people who would even say this are so few, it does not even amount to anything.

You slandered every one of us the moment you claimed our gospel message was from satan, and not from God.

your blind to your own words. don;t come in here slandering us, they cry like a baby when you get slandered back.

it is a HUGE difference to say you disagree with someone, and this is why, they to condemn them to be from satan! which you have done to every one of us.
Yea, Jason just keeps telling his lies about MOST.
I guarantee for every person that he will name to support his claim, I can name at least 100 who do not.

E

eternally-gratefull

Yea, Jason just keeps telling his lies about MOST.
I guarantee for every person that he will name to support his claim, I can name at least 100 who do not.

I can make up names too.. His so called witnesses mean nothing, But yes, your right.

Sep 6, 2014
Not every OSAS believer is alike. Your opinion and thoughts on sin is not what everyone believes in regards to OSAS. What I am saying is that the commonly held OSAS beliefs are not consistent with God's Word. Especially on the teaching of properly dealing with sin and in promoting holiness. OSAS believers teach the following:

You can sin and still be saved. This is giving a person a license to sin whether they enjoy that sin or not. It is still wrong. Physical death is the result of sin in a believers life and not spiritual death (or the Second Death). You can be out of fellowship with God and still be saved. Which means you can sin and still be saved. A license for immorality (Jude 1:4 NIV). Future sin is forgiven you. Again, no consequences means one can do whatever they want. No believer is ever going to be perfect or without sin. No one can ever stop sinning according to OSAS. Meaning, they support a sin and still be saved doctrine.

In other words, it's a doctrine of pure evil that has no basis whatsoever in Scripture.
Jason you come in here and argue with anyone and everyone who disagrees with you, even if you are wrong most of the time.

We often see you posting comments,... even to your own comments when no one is willing to play your silly games.

Dude get a life and stop coming in here to argue. You have become like a broken record and sadly a lot of us aren't willing to give you the time of day because of that........Adios muchacho!....... REPENT!
Take it a little easier on Jason, he has the right to defend his belief, even if it is a false doctrine. Each of us, individually, would be the only one on this forum if we took your stand. When we are confronted with a false doctrine, it gives us a motive to study more when defending our belief, which keeps our heads in the word, and that can not be bad. I love to discuss the bible, even though, I know that the only way anyone can understand the truth of the scriptures is by the revelation of the Holy Spirit.
So Jason can call saved Christians sealed with the Holy Spirit,who read their bible and trust in Christ Jesus to keep their salvation intact forever and grant them eternal life.......followers of a doctrine of pure evil that has no basis whatsoever in Scripture ?

John 10:27-29

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.

1 John 5:13
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

John 6:47
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 John 1:9-11
9Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, 11for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

Next time you decide to point your finger at someone here and levy judgement against them for telling Jason the truth and wish for them to take it easy on him for promoting a lie. You may want to browse the threads here and see what he is saying lest you prove you are a partaker in his wicked works. :rolleyes: