Personality Types?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 9, 2014
I am really bored, and a lot of those times I end up taking a personality test. No, this isn't a post asking you take a personality test. On the other hand, wondering if you were to share what your personality type was? Now on to the interesting part first off I am according to the personality type an INFJ which means I an introvert. Although, I feel like I am part introvert and extrovert. in which I can talk to people for a longer period of time. Continuing on, I want to discuss have you ever felt like there is a laid back and driven personality type. If so if you were driven do you think you need a laid back person in your life?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I'm an observer. I'm always watching my surroundings because I never know what I will learn.

If you take personality type tests when you are bored, does the boredom affect the tests? Would your personality test come out different if you took it while you were worried about something or in a hectic situation or if you just came home from a friend's birthday party?

Jul 9, 2014
I wonder because I not type of person to go to a party, although if I am in public I am open to talking to people. On another note ( I need a new transition here.) I am merely shy (introverted) around my "crushes" or the ladies I like to say. It is harder for me to talk to them I still do. Although, it seems like it is small talk which I not a huge fan. I rather talk about the universe, talk about goals, weather if aliens exist or not and so forth...

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
... steps in with the joke about taking personality tests...

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hi Milo,

I can really relate to your beginning post because I always like to say that I am an introvert who can masquerade as an extrovert when needed--but only for short amounts of time.

I agree that small talk can be a challenge and that my favorite conversations are ones that go a little bit more in depth. A while back, I was telling a friend about watching the final movie in The Maze Runner trilogy and how I didn't really like the ending because, although it was a stereotypical happy ending, it just didn't seem very realistic. My friend also keenly pointed out that viruses mutate, and even if with a supposed cure, it probably wouldn't last long because the virus would change into a form that would be immune to the antidote anyway. These are the kinds of conversations I'd rather be having, but unfortunately, it can take a while to build that kind of rapport.

I've only taken personality tests a couple of times and to be honest, I forget what I was classified as but I know it was something a bit out of the ordinary because I tend to be a mix of extremes.

This is also the reason why yes, I agree with you in that I would probably need to be around someone with an easy-going personality. I can be very intense, so if I were with someone with the same personality type, it would depend on whether our reactions to life challenges wound up bringing us closer together or launching an emotional war between the two of us.

U

Ugly

I wonder because I not type of person to go to a party, although if I am in public I am open to talking to people. On another note ( I need a new transition here.) I am merely shy (introverted) around my "crushes" or the ladies I like to say. It is harder for me to talk to them I still do. Although, it seems like it is small talk which I not a huge fan. I rather talk about the universe, talk about goals, weather if aliens exist or not and so forth...
Shy is different than introverted. Introverts are not always shy.
Introversion and extroversion are not flat types. Some people can have more, or less, of these aspects.
Introverts prefer deeper conversations and dislike small talk.
Introverts are social creatures they simply require time alone to recharge.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Hi Milo,

I can really relate to your beginning post because I always like to say that I am an introvert who can masquerade as an extrovert when needed--but only for short amounts of time.

I agree that small talk can be a challenge and that my favorite conversations are ones that go a little bit more in depth. A while back, I was telling a friend about watching the final movie in The Maze Runner trilogy and how I didn't really like the ending because, although it was a stereotypical happy ending, it just didn't seem very realistic. My friend also keenly pointed out that viruses mutate, and even if with a supposed cure, it probably wouldn't last long because the virus would change into a form that would be immune to the antidote anyway. These are the kinds of conversations I'd rather be having, but unfortunately, it can take a while to build that kind of rapport.

I've only taken personality tests a couple of times and to be honest, I forget what I was classified as but I know it was something a bit out of the ordinary because I tend to be a mix of extremes.

This is also the reason why yes, I agree with you in that I would probably need to be around someone with an easy-going personality. I can be very intense, so if I were with someone with the same personality type, it would depend on whether our reactions to life challenges wound up bringing us closer together or launching an emotional war between the two of us.
I think you and i are a lot alike..because i know myself..i too can get passionate and intense in a lot of things but more laid back bout others..i need someone funny..level headed..patient..detail oriented..mostly traditional..etc...these things compliment my personaliy or can be opposite of me..and if he can cook and appreciate board games would be great too..lol (btw..doesnt have to be a "he"..my best friend is like i described) lol

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Shy is different than introverted. Introverts are not always shy.
Introversion and extroversion are not flat types. Some people can have more, or less, of these aspects.
Introverts prefer deeper conversations and dislike small talk.
Introverts are social creatures they simply require time alone to recharge.
Yup..thats me :)

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
The only personality test i took was at a place where i worked where the boss was stressing teamwork and the necessity for different personalities to COMPLETE the team and not to be afraid if someones personality isnt like yours because everyone had a purpose..was quite fun and interesting..

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
I'm introverted, and I'm kinda shy as well. I've taken the Myers-Briggs test twice; the first time I was an ISTJ and a ISFJ the second.

U

Ugly

I took the D.O.P.E Personality test and turned out that I’m a Owl, and close behind that was a Dove/Eagle.

You guys should try it: https://richardstep.com/dope-personality-type-quiz/

But, keeping in with the OP, I’m a introvert.
Dope test? How fitting. :p:LOL:

The Meyers-Brigg test is quite popular and well known. Over the years we've had numerous threads and posts on it.

U

Ugly

Dope test? How fitting. :p:LOL:

The Meyers-Brigg test is quite popular and well known. Over the years we've had numerous threads and posts on it.
I took the D.O.P.E Personality test and turned out that I’m a Owl, and close behind that was a Dove/Eagle.

You guys should try it: https://richardstep.com/dope-personality-type-quiz/

But, keeping in with the OP, I’m a introvert.
45 owl
40 dove
15 peacock
0 eagle

Couldn't find an explanation of dove, peacock or eagle.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
45 owl
40 dove
15 peacock
0 eagle

Couldn't find an explanation of dove, peacock or eagle.
Oh wow, nearly the same as me! :p

• Dove – peaceful and friendly.
  • Owl – wise and logical.
  • Peacock – showy and optimistic.
  • Eagle – bold and decisive.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yo homie, that is so dope, dawg.

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
Hmm, several things to say here... (since its four o'clock in the morning and I can't sleep, even though I have to leave early in the morning)...

One is I have found those tests to be accurate sometimes, but wrong most of the time. My daughter and I took the same test, opposite answers, and we both got the same result. But I find them fun, so I don't care. I mean who doesn't want to find out which M&M they are, lol. (We take both silly tests and serious tests).

I am an introvert most of the time, (accept when it comes to my daughter, we talk constantly) but I have times when I lead others in conversation, and I got an A in speech class.

I’m a type A personality
I like things tidy and organised, with lots of empty floor space
I care more about truth than people’s sensitivities to the truth
I’m never bored, my mind if anything is always busy
I’m a pretty quiet person, unless talking about God
I want to fix everyone’s problems, but starting to change from that
I’m very intuitive and a good judge of character

Another thing I want to mention is God made animals after human personalities, and some people can have more than one- like Jesus is both a lion and a lamb.

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
I used to be a rabbit. I didn't like confrontations, and always dunked out of sight or closer to walls and corners in a crowd. And I would always be chewing on food or biting my nails. Everyone would say I was so cute, but i felt ugly and worthless- like a glorified rat, spending my days in the dark cave-like holes of depression.

But now whether there's blue skies to where everyone is being delightful, or stormy skies where everyone is trying to tear me down so that they can seem higher, i am an eagle. I no longer crawl around in the dirt, and I fly above the storms people conjure up for me. Either way, it is well with my soul, my focus is no longer on such things.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Nah dawg, I ain't near half dope enough to take the dope test. Fo shizzle, that's only for the dopest of the dope, fo real!