Question for coffee drinkers: How do you do it?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Going_Nowhere

Well-known member
Nov 10, 2019
1,750
1,007
113
How do you drink the stuff???


Because I've tried coffee before and I thought it tasted absolutely horrible! So I was just wondering....


Did you have to acquire a taste for coffee? Is there a particular brand of coffee that taste better than others? Do you put things like milk, cream and sugar in it to make the taste more tolerable?


What's your secret to being able to drink something like that? I'm just curious.
 
It is no different than eating horse radish, hot sauces, saurkraut, various liquors, and so on way, way down th eline. How do people partake in anything?
 
  • Like
Reactions: von1
Theres a lot of coffees i cant drink. Many give me headaches. I always put milk (or cream, these coffee creams with hazlenut etc) and sugar in my coffee.
 
  • Like
Reactions: von1
I drink it with cream and sugar, not straight. Love coffee but I probably only drink it once a week.
 
  • Like
Reactions: von1
How do you drink the stuff???


Because I've tried coffee before and I thought it tasted absolutely horrible! So I was just wondering....


Did you have to acquire a taste for coffee? Is there a particular brand of coffee that taste better than others? Do you put things like milk, cream and sugar in it to make the taste more tolerable?


What's your secret to being able to drink something like that? I'm just curious.
You wrote, "...It tasted absolutely horrible! "
- Put milk / cream..not sure it can help you.
----
I drink coffee.. because I like 'taste'.
- I am having coffee right now!
 
  • Like
Reactions: von1
How do you drink the stuff???


Because I've tried coffee before and I thought it tasted absolutely horrible! So I was just wondering....


Did you have to acquire a taste for coffee? Is there a particular brand of coffee that taste better than others? Do you put things like milk, cream and sugar in it to make the taste more tolerable?


What's your secret to being able to drink something like that? I'm just curious.
I call it Satans Urine.
And there is no secret. You don't like it. Simple. Not everyone likes everything.
My dads drank plain black coffee every morning since I can remember. I find it to be disgusting bile. I can't even tolerate coffee flavored anything, even a little. It overpowers and ruins everything.
Different tastes is all.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Going_Nowhere
we always had coffee growing up, but with sugar and milk/cream. I couldn't drink it just black.

but about a year ago, we decided to minimize our sugar intake, so then I started drinking black coffee, and now I love it! I can drink it either way now! oh the options! lolol.
 
How do you drink the stuff???


Because I've tried coffee before and I thought it tasted absolutely horrible! So I was just wondering....


Did you have to acquire a taste for coffee? Is there a particular brand of coffee that taste better than others? Do you put things like milk, cream and sugar in it to make the taste more tolerable?


What's your secret to being able to drink something like that? I'm just curious.


I started drinking it on cold winters.... I have to wake around 4 AM and always heard coffee helps....

I am not sure I agree that it wakes me up more but I didn't like it much at first or hate it... I liked it about as much as I like tea


I used to use a lot of cream and sugar but toned it down to find where I enjoy it most (on days I drink it)

I think unless I am using my own creamer at home with a brand i like, my favorite would be a mocha with a shot of espresso... kinda like a mix between strong coffee and hot chocolate
 
  • Like
Reactions: von1
Since I'm not a coffee connoisseur, I have either tea or coffee, depending on my duties for the day. I take Folger's Instant Dark Roast with a drizzle of Wide Awake Hazelnut creamer. Each one usually lasts a month, which usually costs $10, haha low maintenance for sure here.
 
  • Like
Reactions: von1
How do you drink the stuff???


Because I've tried coffee before and I thought it tasted absolutely horrible! So I was just wondering....


Did you have to acquire a taste for coffee? Is there a particular brand of coffee that taste better than others? Do you put things like milk, cream and sugar in it to make the taste more tolerable?


What's your secret to being able to drink something like that? I'm just curious.

I love the taste of MY coffee.
What some folks call coffee does taste terrible and is not worthy of being called coffee.

I never understood how people drink hot tea or warm milk or beer or whiskey.
Never liked the taste of any of those things.

To each his own.
 
  • Like
Reactions: von1
Has anyone tried Starbucks nitro cold brew coffee? I tried some and wow! What a rush of caffeine! :coffee:
 
  • Like
Reactions: von1
I usually drink Gloria Jeans hazelnut coffee (K-cups) with some natural bliss creamer when I’m at home. Sometimes I might add a little sugar (Stevia or sugar in the raw).
 
  • Like
Reactions: tourist and von1
Coffee.... the nectar of the morning gods.... if there was such a thing.

I grew up in a home where my mom and dad both drank coffee all day long. My mom would take freshly brewed coffee and microwave it to make it hot enough. I'm not that tough.

I didn't drink coffee until I was in my early 20's... working construction, commercial carpentry... when break time rolled around, and we would go in "the shack" for break, nobody would make hot chocolate for me :cry:, so I started drinking coffee to warm up. Been enjoying it ever since. Black. No additives. I really despise the taste of sweetened coffee :sick:.

I got a new burr grinder for Christmas, and have been grinding my own, when I make it at home, which is normally only on weekends. My company provides us free coffee/tea/etc at work, so I just wait til I get to work (around 5:30 am) for my first/second/third cups.

It is definitely an acquired taste.... like beer. .... or so I've heard....;)
 
Coffee.... the nectar of the morning gods.... if there was such a thing.

I grew up in a home where my mom and dad both drank coffee all day long. My mom would take freshly brewed coffee and microwave it to make it hot enough. I'm not that tough.

I didn't drink coffee until I was in my early 20's... working construction, commercial carpentry... when break time rolled around, and we would go in "the shack" for break, nobody would make hot chocolate for me :cry:, so I started drinking coffee to warm up. Been enjoying it ever since. Black. No additives. I really despise the taste of sweetened coffee :sick:.

I got a new burr grinder for Christmas, and have been grinding my own, when I make it at home, which is normally only on weekends. My company provides us free coffee/tea/etc at work, so I just wait til I get to work (around 5:30 am) for my first/second/third cups.

It is definitely an acquired taste.... like beer. .... or so I've heard....;)

Off-topic but...........

Welcome back, Hornet! (y)
 
  • Like
Reactions: tourist
Coffee.... the nectar of the morning gods.... if there was such a thing.

I grew up in a home where my mom and dad both drank coffee all day long. My mom would take freshly brewed coffee and microwave it to make it hot enough. I'm not that tough.

I didn't drink coffee until I was in my early 20's... working construction, commercial carpentry... when break time rolled around, and we would go in "the shack" for break, nobody would make hot chocolate for me :cry:, so I started drinking coffee to warm up. Been enjoying it ever since. Black. No additives. I really despise the taste of sweetened coffee :sick:.

I got a new burr grinder for Christmas, and have been grinding my own, when I make it at home, which is normally only on weekends. My company provides us free coffee/tea/etc at work, so I just wait til I get to work (around 5:30 am) for my first/second/third cups.

It is definitely an acquired taste.... like beer. .... or so I've heard....;)
welcomebackhornetguy.png


:)
 
Speaking of coffee, how do I drink it you ask?

Well.....

I take a cup or a mug
Pour coffee into it
Add creamer and sugar (most of the time)
Bring the cup or mug up to my mouth
Slowly insert contents
Enjoy

:LOL:
 
when I was a kid got curious about what coffee tasted like so every time my Mom would have coffee she would dip sugar cube in coffee. hand it to me said I was old enough to drink coffee yet. when every I have coffee and their sugar cube nearby can't help but dip one in my coffee so yummy. :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: von1
I have 4 cup coffee pot, its more like a 2 cup pot. It seems I never get the same taste each time, at times I get that perfect cup coffee that is just right.